Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dougal

Getting Out a bit

Recommended Posts

I've recently started travelling to regions I haven't been before. Perhaps even taking a VERY light 744 to some smaller airports.I have 'TrafficX' installed and keep being surprised by liveries I haven't seen before.Really quite interesting, and something new to do......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Apart from the 744 the only other add on I have is Traffic X and I'm really impressed with it too. Found an unusual cargo airline DC-10 up in Prestwick for example. Still haven't seen anything military yet and apparently they're in there! Also I was reading the 'Spotters Guide' that came with it and there's a Concorde in there somewhere. It all adds to the interest I find.James.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apart from the 744 the only other add on I have is Traffic X and I'm really impressed with it too. Found an unusual cargo airline DC-10 up in Prestwick for example. Still haven't seen anything military yet and apparently they're in there! Also I was reading the 'Spotters Guide' that came with it and there's a Concorde in there somewhere. It all adds to the interest I find.James.
Hi JamesYou'll never see the Concorde without making a change. Have a look at this thread http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6125, you'll find the Concorde mentioned briefly, and how to enable it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love flying large planes like the MD and 744 to airports they wouldn't normally fly into... I'm definitely not one of the real life routes purists ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I love flying large planes like the MD and 744 to airports they wouldn't normally fly into... I'm definitely not one of the real life routes purists ;)
I'm the same way. I love pushing the LVLD 767, PMDG 73,74, and MD11 to their limits - according to the charts. I mainly just like flying into airports with cool approaches, and having a runway at the end of that approach that pushes the limits of the plane.Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I LOVE that JAL Cargo livery.PMDG,I would gladly pay FULL PRICE (or more) to see the Queen updated to the same smoothness as the MD-11. Pretty please? :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Where are you in that picture? The Philippines?
VMMCNear Hong Kong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I love flying large planes like the MD and 744 to airports they wouldn't normally fly into... I'm definitely not one of the real life routes purists ;)
Same here.I enjoy go to 'nowhere' where short runways waiting for me so I have to do a very precise landing. I have a favorite where if you do not touch down at the immediate beginning of the runway then you have to do a go around. Sometimes I have to do 3-4 go arounds in bad weather. And of course there is no ILS :)Matyas Majzik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see I'm not the only one with a lack of patience. Both my PMDG heavies are short haul aircraft. Jeff P.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also love to occasionally deviate my flightplan and drop in on smaller decks. I made a video a year ago of a short landing, but got sick of idiots saying I had my reverse thrusters on too long etc... Duh...Anywho, here's the link.

Enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To add my few cents.I have noticed That fligth simmers most often use their native country as base of operations for their flights.Ex. I am part of danish flight sim community on the internet, and very single of the ~ 60 members use Denmark as either the depature or arrival airport.I myself do that, I think that aproxx. 98% of all flights are to/from Copenhagen. The remaining 2 percent is flights done with the MD11 and other heavies who dotn fly from DK.I often tell myself to make a completly random flight, like in Latin America. But Im just so familliar with Europe, that I usually just take a short trip from. Copenhagen to Amsterdam ex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites