Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

AFCAD help!

In AFCAD I am trying to make a new parking spot at a airport, I slew the plane to where I want the spot to be, then hit the "o" key to make the spot but the spot is not made on AFCAD. Why is this not working? What should I do to fix this?I tried to make a spot at other airports but it will not work at other airports either.

Guest RonB49
In AFCAD I am trying to make a new parking spot at a airport, I slew the plane to where I want the spot to be, then hit the "o" key to make the spot but the spot is not made on AFCAD. Why is this not working? What should I do to fix this?I tried to make a spot at other airports but it will not work at other airports either.
Are you remembering to do a "Save" after marking your new spot? R-

I believe you may want to select the type of spot from the list on the left side of the tool bar and click on the screen where you want the spot.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

I don't think I explained it good enough, let me try again. I am in FS9 and I slew my plane to where I want the new parking spot to be. I hit the "o" key to make the spot but when I look at AFCAD to see the new spot the spot wasn't made.I can make a spot by selecting the type of spot from the list on the left side of the tool bar and then clicking on the screen where I want the spot. But I need to do it the other way for accuracy.(I am making the spots for Fly Tampa's Boston scenery)

If you press the "period" key Afcad will place a node at your current location.You can then add a parking spot at that node.Hope this helps.Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

You can also use the "lock" function of the AFCAD program (it is the little lock icon on the top menu).That will lock the Afcad display to the current location of your placement aircraft - and it will be seen as a red crosshair. When adding multiple spots I just toggle back and forth between FS2004 and the Afcad program (Alt Tab).The "period" option works fine also.I believe all of this is explained in the Afcad Help file.Hope these ideas are helpful. :(

Hi,Have you installed FSUIPC into your FS9 Modules folder? That has to be there to make the link between programs.Hope this helps,

Just wanted to say thanks. I used the node method that N60JBravo mentioned. I don't know why the "o" key will not work, it works on all my other AFCADs.

Just wanted to say thanks. I used the node method that N60JBravo mentioned. I don't know why the "o" key will not work, it works on all my other AFCADs.
This is just a guess but you may have mapped your "o" key to perform some other function and the Afcad program is not seeing it now as a quick way to insert a parking spot.

FYI - In case anyone has not discovered the keyboard shortcuts which are available in the AFCAD program, here is a screenshot taken directly from the Help / Keyboard functions screen. Note the items at the bottom:--