Sign in to follow this  
b52bob

Duke out now

Guest kwilson

That was quick. Only a few days they posted screenshots of the VC and I was thinking it would probably be another month or two at least before being released (past experience with other developers has conditioned me to expect a long delay :) ). I usually don't buy a product straight after release (again, past experience with other developers) but in RealAir's case I'm willing to make an exception.

Guest ArtieLange

Great plane, but the defualt gps is horrible.Anybody have any luck putting the RXP Garmin 530 in it ?

Great plane, but the defualt gps is horrible.Anybody have any luck putting the RXP Garmin 530 in it ?
The RealAir web site says that they are preparing an update that will make the RXP units fit in the panel.Patience :(
That was quick. Only a few days they posted screenshots of the VC and I was thinking it would probably be another month or two at least before being released (past experience with other developers has conditioned me to expect a long delay :) ). I usually don't buy a product straight after release (again, past experience with other developers) but in RealAir's case I'm willing to make an exception.
Same here! But.. got it, and it flies like a dream and looks oh so lovely.

Bert

The RealAir web site says that they are preparing an update that will make the RXP units fit in the panel.Patience :( Same here! But.. got it, and it flies like a dream and looks oh so lovely.
I hope the update also allows input from my PFC Cirrus II console for heading, OBS1 and altitude/vs assignments for the autopilot. It is programmed for standard FS variables but those sometimes get left off from custom gauge programming. Someone without the expensive hardware would never notice but those of us that do REALLY notice it.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

We'll see....wonder how many guys use the PFC console? Looks like a nice sturdy product.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

We'll see....wonder how many guys use the PFC console? Looks like a nice sturdy product.
There are a few, plus any home cockpit builders, those with the ACP Compact, some of the GoFlight hardware, or other hardware that allows them to go keyboard and mouseless when simming. Really should be a no brainer to make sure your software maintains basic MSFS variables which is what most of the hardware is programmed for... it's not like they have to cater to those that can afford the hardware just don't leave out the inherent MSFS coding that makes it work.Edit; ...and just so you don't think I'm nitpicking. The visual model is very clean and good, the panel looks clear, readable and moves RealAir smooth, the flight model is also extremely well done... pull an engine at gross taking off from Denver and you're gonna have your hands full for a bit. A nicely done aircraft but without the compatiblity with the hardware I probably won't be flying it after the newness wears off all that often.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

A nice 2.8 hour flight from KRDU to KSWF (Stewert Intl). Beautiful aircraft, but I was expecting no less.Enough time to check everything out while in cruise mode, but more to learn, like the cabin pressure...thought I had it correct before take-off, but my cabin pressure was at 3,400 at 15,000. Flew 'by the numbers' provided in the doc's, and hand flying the approach was smooth as silk. Rob is a magician with his models. Incredible how quiet everything gets once you get to cruise.A bunch more frame rate hungry than most all the RealAir offerings, but again, smooth as silk. I simply shut the FR display off and enjoyed the ride. It really does not matter.I believe I better plan an extended trip with this baby...and read the doc's more fully before the next flight :( What can you say....worth the wait... :(

Here is a temporary solution, until RealAir releases the update..//gauge07=fs9gps!RAS_gps_500, 0, 444, 700, 580gauge07=rxpGNS!GNS530, -75, 454, 770, 590When you turn on the Duke GPS, it will allow the RXP GNS to show.You can only adjust the RXP GNS via the popup panel, however.I put a popup clickspot over the transponder, so I can pop up the GNS whenever I need to access it.Perfect, no... but it is workable.

Bert

Here is a temporary solution, until RealAir releases the update..//gauge07=fs9gps!RAS_gps_500, 0, 444, 700, 580gauge07=rxpGNS!GNS530, -75, 454, 770, 590
Or, if you prefer not seeing the radio settings on the GNS screen:gauge07=rxpGNS!GNS530, -265, 454, 1000, 620

Bert

I guess that I'm just an old fogey, but no 2D option means I probably will pass. Takes all kinds I guess.

I guess that I'm just an old fogey, but no 2D option means I probably will pass. Takes all kinds I guess.
Seeing as most of the gauges are not really gauges in a MSFS sense, they are actually 3d modeled, I wouldn't expect RealAir to also make 2d gauges. RealAir thought of this though and provided static views of the VC that would very nicely emulate what a simmer that prefered 2d panels would expect to see and use.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi Greeneg,I think you might be making assumptions about what our 3d panels actually are, and how they work. We provide additional fixed views exactly as you see in your traditional panels, but I think you are assuming that this is not possible. It is! For more clarification why not visit the site and look at the specs and screenshots. For a more general take on the 2d/3d argument, please have a look at my post on this current thread here:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=249028Best regards,Rob Young - Realair

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guest ArtieLange
Here is a temporary solution, until RealAir releases the update..//gauge07=fs9gps!RAS_gps_500, 0, 444, 700, 580gauge07=rxpGNS!GNS530, -75, 454, 770, 590When you turn on the Duke GPS, it will allow the RXP GNS to show.You can only adjust the RXP GNS via the popup panel, however.I put a popup clickspot over the transponder, so I can pop up the GNS whenever I need to access it.Perfect, no... but it is workable.
Thanks Bert, that will make a nice temp solution.

There are a few, plus any home cockpit builders, those with the ACP Compact, some of the GoFlight hardware, or other hardware that allows them to go keyboard and mouseless when simming. Really should be a no brainer to make sure your software maintains basic MSFS variables which is what most of the hardware is programmed for... it's not like they have to cater to those that can afford the hardware just don't leave out the inherent MSFS coding that makes it work.Edit; ...and just so you don't think I'm nitpicking. The visual model is very clean and good, the panel looks clear, readable and moves RealAir smooth, the flight model is also extremely well done... pull an engine at gross taking off from Denver and you're gonna have your hands full for a bit. A nicely done aircraft but without the compatiblity with the hardware I probably won't be flying it after the newness wears off all that often.
Zane,FSuipc's new macro recording facility has now enabled me to get my Goflight units working with every third party aircraft I own.If FSuipc can see your hardware then you will be able to program all your functions easily.As you know, Peter Dowson is very familiar with PFC units so I would hope that the PFC hardware can be used with the macro facility.

Zane,FSuipc's new macro recording facility has now enabled me to get my Goflight units working with every third party aircraft I own.If FSuipc can see your hardware then you will be able to program all your functions easily.As you know, Peter Dowson is very familiar with PFC units so I would hope that the PFC hardware can be used with the macro facility.
The FSUIPC mouse macro is really cool - the problem with the Duke is that it utilizes "click and drag" which it not possible with the mouse macro function.If they (Real Air) would provide a click spot functionality - then I would be a happy man.But what a lovely aircraft to hand fly!!!