Sign in to follow this  
fumap

Fuel Planner MD-11

Hi,just finished second flt - very astonishing happenedWill come back tomorrow morning - I am busy tonight

simroutes.com is also good - it uses routes from vatsim but can also be used to generate and export flight plan files to a number of different sources, FSX and FS9 included. Check it out!

Hi,just finished second flt - very astonishing happenedWill come back tomorrow morning - I am busy tonight
Karl.Let me guess.Departure fuel 19500.Remaining on touchdown: 11900Used trip: only 7600.These were my figures, doing this second flight (same routing/weights) also.Regards,Harry

Hi,here are the figures :T/O fuel at t/o-run 19400 all kgs at 1450ZTOC with 15400 at 1500ZCRZ FL230TOD with 12200 at 1522ZTD with 10500 at 1541Zso ttl fuel used 8900After feeding the FMC at LFPG the machine gave the following dataTrip 9.0/00515% 0.5Altn 3.1Final 4.1ETA EDDF 1540 with 11.1After reaching FL230 the speed went up to M.795 with TAS 495 which is much too high - but no warnings !Then something happened - I did not notice the reason - I had an overspeed warningand the speed went down to M.745 later .741 with TAS 460I am now sure that this high speed has something to do with faulty temps provided by ASA - temps were around minus 10 to 12 CTemps continued to go down to the normal ( predicted ) temp of minus 32 C and the speed also went downfrom M.738 to .725 later .710 with TAS 455/450/440/430Will check this further

Same flight at FL270same overspeed warning after 2 mins level - M.81 temps normal - before warning well below red ribbonthen speed was reduced to M.78 - whereby the PERF page says ECON speed is .819 (???) is this speed for OPT LVL or present level ?Never had this in any of my 100+ flights ( all on longer routes )

Guest Macclesfieldman
I used the Excel sheet from Karl Heinz for a cargo flight LFPG-EDDF (with EDDK as alternative; no FP).
I would love to give the Excel a go. Is it possible to get this Excel somehow?Cheers,Macc

Hi Macc,see my post #10QTE My planner is homemade with EXCEL - you need to have some experience with flightplanning - it is NOT automated likeFSBuild or FOC - somebody wrote me that my planner is for "hard-core user " only.Send me your e-mail adress via PM and I will send it to youUNQTE

There's another thread wandering around here, or perhaps in the FSX forum where people discussed the various flight planning programs currently available. I contributed my thoughts there.But to recap:FOC is worth the price if you're a die-hard simmer, and you want something that looks, feels, and acts like real-world dispatch software does. Yes, the interface is clunky and "Windows 3.1-ish", but then, so are most real-world dispatch suites. Initially, the learning curve is high, but like everything else, with a bit of practice it gets much easier.FOC will plan your MD-11 flights with very VERY high levels of accuracy. To be honest, a little too accurate...if you can believe that. I cannot personally vouch for the 747, but I have no reason to think it would be any different.The documentation is a little sparse in places, and it has been translated from another language (German, I think) so spelling and grammar could be better.It is also expensive. The base program is well worth its price, however the Nav Data subscription service is a real PITA. I decided to buy only one AIRAC cycle, and I froze all of my add-on AIRAC's with it. I'm all about realism, but trying to update 13 different programs and add-ons with current AIRAC's is just too much for me. Once every 6 months or so is enough for me.Bottom line: It's the real deal, and if it's realism you want, its worth the price of admission.Nick
Nick,i must add too that with GE datas in LBS added this is the cr

Guest BlueRidgeDx
Nick,i must add too that with GE datas in LBS added this is the cr

Sure is Phil. I use your GE/LBS profile and it is fantastic.Any progress on an updated GE or PW profile in LBS for the MD-11F? It would be nice to have the BOW and Limit Weights match the PMDG freighter. I remember you asking for the numbers a while back.Take care,Nick
Nick,will dig and do something but not before october im afraid ... phil