Sign in to follow this  
Guest mephix

Skysimulations Douglas DC9

Does the installer ask if your using FSX or FS9? This product was supposed to be for both sims...
HelloNo it does not ask for the sim version.It does ask for 4:3 or widescreen, then asks which color panel (Gray or Blue)I have not found out how you can have both colors installed at the same time.

Guest Hardwater
HelloNo it does not ask for the sim version.It does ask for 4:3 or widescreen, then asks which color panel (Gray or Blue)I have not found out how you can have both colors installed at the same time.
You have to run the installer again and it will modify the files. Do you know where to get repaints? So far I am on the bench with this aircraft. I am a DC-9 nut and I feel that this could be a great product if it's patched. I haven't found anything major yet but jus cracked the lid on it. The only thing that I am disappointed about is the quality of the VC. The pictures they put up for some reason look way better then mine. BUt it's not that bad and it's something that can be patched.

Guest UlfB
Does the installer ask if your using FSX or FS9? This product was supposed to be for both sims...
The product requirements on Simmarket says "FSX". No info about FS9. Maybe they will release a separate FS9 version later on.

I hope you keep us posted on whether it is worth a shot. I would certainly like an old DC-9 for FSX; might even take a gamble anyway.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest Hardwater

To me personally it is worth it. There are some bugs but there is with every release. But here is some eye candy to entice as I do think this will be a great product in the near future. fsscr000x.jpgfsscr001s.jpgfsscr002h.jpgfsscr003l.jpgfsscr004mqy.jpg The Ground Crew and baggage move which looks great and the trucks drive up to the plane they don't just show up. It's pretty neat.

You have to run the installer again and it will modify the files. Do you know where to get repaints? So far I am on the bench with this aircraft. I am a DC-9 nut and I feel that this could be a great product if it's patched. I haven't found anything major yet but jus cracked the lid on it. The only thing that I am disappointed about is the quality of the VC. The pictures they put up for some reason look way better then mine. BUt it's not that bad and it's something that can be patched.
HelloWhen i run the installer again it tell me that the aircraft is already installed and to uninstall the existing aircraftThe liverys shown on the website do not seem to be installed.

I just decided to take a chance on it.Note that the installer does indeed show the FS2004 artwork in the top left corner of the slideshow of screenshots which pops up during installation (as well as the FSX artwork at top right), so I presume it works in both sims, or is at least going to at some point. Comes with 2 PDF manuals by the way (105 pages main manual and a 39 page Tutorial flight manual). Off for a fly in it now.Al

Alan Bradbury

I hope you keep us posted on whether it is worth a shot. I would certainly like an old DC-9 for FSX; might even take a gamble anyway.Al
Hello AlIf you can imagine the old F1 Iron Knuckles DC-9-30 given a fully clickable VC + reflective VC windows but not a lot extra done to the texturesthen you are there.Now given that before this came along I would have been happy if an "FSX Native" Iron Knuckles DC-9-30 had suddenly turned up with a clickable VC,So I am not too disappointed, But then I do like old DC-9'sWhere all the liverys have gone is anyone's guess, but for 35 euro's they should have been included.Maybe they will provide a link for them later

Now given that before this came along I would have been happy if an "FSX Native" Iron Knuckles DC-9-30 had suddenly turned up with a clickable VC,So I am not too disappointed, But then I do like old DC-9's
Mad dog, Thank you for the details here. I certainly would have been happy with an upgraded Iron Knuckles DC-9-30 as well. I enjoyed the FS9 version but never took on the full extent of the sim. With manuals as lengthy as 100 pages or so, I would almost want a printed copy for some night time reading in bed. I like the idea of covering the full spectrum of the DC-9 family except I was never a fan of the early and short variants, (10-20) I just hope when I get this I can find a US Marine livery for the -30. Keith

Keith Guillory

Guest Hardwater

Can you guys confirm at night when you hit the overhead console lights that Engine 2 spools to max? Might just be an issue with me, also when first in the cockpit when you move the Yoke does it shake all over the place. It seems to be a graphical glitch but it goes away. Seems to have great flight characteristics.

Can you guys confirm at night when you hit the overhead console lights that Engine 2 spools to max? Might just be an issue with me, also when first in the cockpit when you move the Yoke does it shake all over the place. It seems to be a graphical glitch but it goes away. Seems to have great flight characteristics.
HelloYes the engine did spool up when I hit that light, I did not notice the yoke shaking.I have emailed Support about the missing liveries

I see the product is back on Simmarket after this morning's discussions. I'm not ready to buy it yet. Thank you all who are finding the problems early. I could change my mind before the day is over though.Keith

Keith Guillory

Guest Hardwater

Also is it particularly quiet in the cockpit until the engines spool up? I don't even hear any avionics fans running or anything like that "BUT" I do have some sound issues right now just don't know if this is related. I do like the the cockpit sounds of the engines running and spooling up , but the outside sounds need work. But I have a nice soundpack for those JT-80s

Anybody give details on the FDE. Does it feel realistic? I know there won't be many or any DC9 real pilots reading this, so just an approximation is fine.What I am keenly interested to get more feedback on is the flight dynamics, the cockpit instrumentation performance and complexity and does it simulate all systems or just simple ones like Overland or CLS do?I like the idea of the yoke shaking, but does the cockpit shudder on take off role?Many thanks for the early adopters opinions - without you it would be a whole lot more risky for the rest of us! (and before anyone reacts the wrong way - 29 Euros is nearly $60 where I am from and I am not made of money)

Quick impressions:I don't think PMDG are going to be quaking in their boots, but it is quite nice all the same. Hydraulics and other system modeling seems good from a quick mess about (for example, the yoke won't move the control surfaces if you don't have it all set up right). Cabin pressurisation is modeled and adjustable. Sounds aren't anything to shout about but adequate, it has co-pilot callouts for gear, flaps, slats and that sort of stuff and if you pull fancy moves the passengers scream in protest.It gets pretty good FPS, VC is okay but not spectacular in terms of texture resolution although the overhead switches and system lights are nice with decent switchgear sounds for the most part. It flies pretty well, and is certainly not a simplistic flight model, in that it seems to react believably to different weights of fuel and payloads fairly convincingly (keeping in mind that's just a personal opinion and not based on me ever having driven one). The clamshell thrust reversers are nicely animated and their effect is not overdone (i.e they are crap at slowing you down like the real ones are on most airliners), so you need to be on the case when braking for a landing.There are some nice detailing touches and lots of ground personnel toys accessible via a panel for those who like all that pre and post flight malarkey. You get a lot of variants. Needs a Hughes Airwest livery desperately.dc91.jpgdc92.jpgAl

Alan Bradbury