Sign in to follow this  
Guest mephix

Skysimulations Douglas DC9

Guest mephix

Anyone talking about it yet? :( T.J.looks like it's available today.

I have a bookmark for the website. I'm hoping the DC-9 gets better reviews than their MD-11 and MD-10 did. I am looking forward to the release though.Keith

Keith Guillory

It looks quite promising features-wise from what they are listing, although it remains to be seen whether it lives up to that promise in terms of accuracy and flight model. The VC looks okay judging from that demo video on simmarket too, with what appears to have been the hand of restraint on going over the top with detail, so one would hope it can get some decent frame rates.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest Hardwater

Well I just bought it from simmarket and guess what, No registration key was sent nor is it posted in my order details. So as of right now I have a beautiful DC-9 installer. I mean come on , on the day of release and this crap is happening hope they are quick cause the bird looks good.

Well I just bought it from simmarket and guess what, No registration key was sent nor is it posted in my order details. So as of right now I have a beautiful DC-9 installer. I mean come on , on the day of release and this crap is happening hope they are quick cause the bird looks good.
Wow, thanks for the warning. I am on the site now, almost ready to push the Buy Now button... Just think I just picked up the Leonardo Maddog 2008 a couple of weeks ago so I will wait.I think I sit back and see how the reviews stack up first.Keith

Keith Guillory

HelloI bought this last night, If you read the Email sent it tells you that you will receive a further email update when your order page is updated with your Registration keyI did receive the update this morning and the Key is in my account at Simmarket.Unfortunately the Key is refused by the installer.I have opened a Trouble Ticket at Simmarket and also emailed support@skysimulations.comMy Advice : Lets see how I get on first, before you all rush out and get this one.UPDATE: a reply to my trouble Ticketplease use 'copy & paste' to enter the key to avoid manual typing errors. Please also ensure that no empty spaces are placed right or left of the serial number.UPDATE: second reply to my trouble ticketWe have passed your query to the developer for their direct help.We can refund your order anytime but this has to be solved by Sky Simulations since this is their online registration systemIn other words i am on my own with this one. We will now have to wait and see how good support@skysimulations is.

Guest Hardwater

lol Same thing with me, Simmarket was quick with a response , although it is 7 hours later but time difference blah blah blah, But the stupid key don't work. I'm feeling super good about this one.

lol Same thing with me, Simmarket was quick with a response , although it is 7 hours later but time difference blah blah blah, But the stupid key don't work. I'm feeling super good about this one.
UPDATE: a further reply to my Trouble Ticket"It is a Sky Simulations product , as Sky Simulations registation key and a Sky Simulations online registration system.we have to wait until Sky Simulations comes up with a solution, in the meantime we have removed the product from sale. We will let you know when we have received a reply from them, of course we can refund your order anytime if you wish but we hope to get this resolved today.sorry for inconvinience"That seems a fair enough response, and it is still only 8.00AM where the developers are based so they are probably still in bed.

Guest Hardwater
UPDATE: a further reply to my Trouble Ticket"It is a Sky Simulations product , as Sky Simulations registation key and a Sky Simulations online registration system.we have to wait until Sky Simulations comes up with a solution, in the meantime we have removed the product from sale. We will let you know when we have received a reply from them, of course we can refund your order anytime if you wish but we hope to get this resolved today.sorry for inconvinience"That seems a fair enough response, and it is still only 8.00AM where the developers are based so they are probably still in bed.
I got the same response. I mean to be completely honest I am not terribly mad. Maybe they had an unforseen problem with the server or something but If I released a product I would be up for 24 hours straight to address issues like this which can taint a release.

I got the same response. I mean to be completely honest I am not terribly mad. Maybe they had an unforseen problem with the server or something but If I released a product I would be up for 24 hours straight to address issues like this which can taint a release.
HelloYou have to worry what would happen if you needed to reinstall in a years time.If you are having to rely on an old 386 box in the corner of someones bedroom in south america being switched on at the time

HelloYou have to worry what would happen if you needed to reinstall in a years time.If you are having to rely on an old 386 box in the corner of someones bedroom in south america being switched on at the time
Yup: Flight1 rules, doesn't it? :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I'm glad to see that Simmarket pulled the product off their site. This would have ballooned into hundreds of troubled customers trying to get Simmarket to do something about the problem. I almost bought, but it seemed too good to be true. The SkySimulations web site still said "coming soon" for the DC-9 so I will definitely wait first for the registration problem to get fixed then I will watch to see what sort of fixes will be required for the plane itself. Keith

Keith Guillory

Guest Hardwater

Activation Works now I will let you know how it is.

Activation Works now I will let you know how it is.
Does the installer ask if your using FSX or FS9? This product was supposed to be for both sims...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2