Sign in to follow this  
Guest mephix

Skysimulations Douglas DC9

Hello allI emailed them about the liveries and had a reply in 30mins which is pretty good.Sounds like there was a mix up on release dates between the devs and Simmarkethere is what they said:Hi:The Skysim Dc-9 is not officially released yet. However during july 6 and 7 will be. And in this period will put available the liveries for download.Also in the next few days there will be available an utility in our website that will make posible having both style on the virtual cockpit and 2d panelsBest RegardsSkySimulations Support Team

Quick impressions:I don't think PMDG are going to be quaking in their boots, but it is quite nice all the same. Hydraulics and other system modeling seems good from a quick mess about (for example, the yoke won't move the control surfaces if you don't have it all set up right). Cabin pressurisation is modeled and adjustable. Sounds aren't anything to shout about but adequate, it has co-pilot callouts for gear, flaps, slats and that sort of stuff and if you pull fancy moves the passengers scream in protest.It gets pretty good FPS, VC is okay but not spectacular in terms of texture resolution although the overhead switches and system lights are nice with decent switchgear sounds for the most part. It flies pretty well, and is certainly not a simplistic flight model, in that it seems to react believably to different weights of fuel and payloads fairly convincingly (keeping in mind that's just a personal opinion and not based on me ever having driven one). The clamshell thrust reversers are nicely animated and their effect is not overdone (i.e they are crap at slowing you down like the real ones are on most airliners), so you need to be on the case when braking for a landing.There are some nice detailing touches and lots of ground personnel toys accessible via a panel for those who like all that pre and post flight malarkey. You get a lot of variants. Needs a Hughes Airwest livery desperately.dc91.jpgdc92.jpgAl
Thanks Alan

If the sounds are not that good. I wonder how the JT8D package from TSS would work for this DC-9. I'm almost ready to buy except that Simmarket is currently not running.Keith

Keith Guillory

Guest Hardwater

I've used the TSS on the Maddog and those are awesome sounds. I already converted them and their great. I don't like the digitized version as I get a wavy effect when panning.

Ok, so here are some pros and cons:(It was made in the DC9-10 sim. - Maybe it

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

HelloJust to add to the above postPros: I will add some if I find anyCons:EDIT speed hold does work (my error)Right Engine spools up full when you turn off/on the Overhead panel lightsPanel lights not adjustable in the VC, way too bright at night

Guest Hardwater
HelloJust to add to the above postPros: I will add some if I find anyCons:Speed hold does not work on the Sperry APRight Engine spools up full when you turn off/on the Overhead panel lightsPanel lights not adjustable in the VC, way too bright at night
Make sure you forward to Support@skysimulations.comI did some flights last night and I think this plane has great potential but will definetly need an SP or 2

Guest Hardwater
Make sure you forward to Support@skysimulations.comI did some flights last night and I think this plane has great potential but will definetly need an SP or 2
Anyone see any repaints anywhere?

Guest 413X3

so which model is it? will there be a freighter version, or at least a few freighter repaints? dhl abx air and ameristar come to mind as operators (although i think most parked theirs)

so which model is it? will there be a freighter version, or at least a few freighter repaints? dhl abx air and ameristar come to mind as operators (although i think most parked theirs)
HelloVersions included with two panel styles and two panel colorsDC-9-10 DC-9-10 freighter DC-9-21 DC-9-30 DC-9-30 Freighter DC-9-41 DC-9-51Or you could just go here and see for yourselfhttp://www.skysimulations.com/

Well, I'll be repainting mine later. So there's one repaint at least. :( Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest Hardwater

Well I know they stated that once it was officially released due to the mix up they were gonna post the liveries they have on their website but I don't see anything as of yet.

It

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics