Sign in to follow this  
Guest mephix

Skysimulations Douglas DC9

I have to install the repaint of AEROPOSTAL?
No, use the model that goes with the aeropostal livery, in this case the DC-9 21. I used it only for an example. Batting%20Eyelashes.gifYou will see that the external position lights dont work. At least, here!!!!! heheheh

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Confirmed "Sticky" starter in DC-9-51 for sure.Right now, I can't get the left started no matter what position I have the X-Feed valves in. With APU Bleed on, I only show air in the right.

Guest angola

someone managed to start the engines?

Guest angola

FlavioASSA you speak Portuguese! You managed the start engines using the normal procedures?FlavioASSA voce fala portugues! Vc conseguiu por os motores em marcha usando os procedimentos normais?

FlavioASSA you speak Portuguese! You managed the start engines using the normal procedures?FlavioASSA voce fala portugues! Vc conseguiu por os motores em marcha usando os procedimentos normais?
Yes! Only in the DC9-10 ...Ola Angola. Falo portugues! Sim, eu consegui ligar os motores com o checklist fornecido por eles, mas apenas no DC9-10. Os outros n

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Guest angola

Ok! Thanks....I'm particularly interested in the DC-9-30 because we operate in Angola.

Okay, -50 started. Just took a reload of the aircraft...must not have loaded completely.But...The IAS/Mach hold features of the autopilot don't work. I started playing with the VS selector and it moved the plane, so apparently, they're not working correctly. Can anyone confirm this?Also, I took her up to FL250 and started doing some stall tests. With 50% load in a DC-9-51, it stalled at 165 clean, 120 with 40+gear (normal landing config) and 145 with 5+gear. Those numbers are close, but then on approach just before that, I stalled with 5 deg+gear at 165ish. So, something isn't quite right.Also pay attention to the EPR vs. the N1. Does anyone else notice that the EPR is reading low?

I don't own this aircraft (yet!) because I'm waiting for the FS9 version. However, I will make a comment or 2 on what I do see.DC-9-51:First, the comparator (the row of yellow lights above the airspeed indicator). The -51 NEVER had this version of the comparator. It only came with the bowtie version (from the factory) that you see in almost all of todays DC-9's. This version only came equipped on early dc-9's in the 60's and early 70's. Second, the RAT/EPR indicator. All the DC-9's came with the scale EXCEPT the -51. The -51 always had the pushbutton type you find on MD-80's. Third, the engine sync switches. Just like the MD-80, the DC-9-51 had engine sync switches on the overhead panel, which I am betting SkySim did not model at all. If any of you are going to forward a list of bugs to SkySim, can you please include these for consideration in a future update? Also, I recall someone said something about the APU doesn't shut down when its turned off. The reason for that is because when you turn the switch to off, there is a 60 second delay from the moment to hit the switch before it spools down (I forgot why). Hope this clears things up. -GoldWings-

A lot of APUs feature that timer which delays it shutting down; it is so that the thing is operating with no pneumatic load when shutting off, which prolongs the life of the turbine wheel.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest angola

HiAs for the engine start, I just find that they do not work because the configuration of electrical parts.With the APU or external power connected the airplane does not keep the configuration of power root of the FS this makes the battery discharge.Other promenor, the start pump. it not need be linked to early-stage engines provided the APU is running and the fuel pumps are connected but in Skysim not work well.sorry my inglesBatting%20Eyelashes.gif

Might have done something wrong, but I'm pretty sure I didn't, and I've just lost all hydraulics slap bang in the middle of the North Sea up at 27,000 feet. I tried to turn for Denmark to make an emergency landing, but I didn't have the height to make it. Going to try that flight again to see if I can figure out what was wrong.EDIT: Have now done this flight again and did exactly the same stuff, but experienced no problems the second time. So I hope this was a one off glitch, because it cost me several hundred thousand dollars in Air Hauler when it happened on that first flight.Safe touchdown this time:DC-9.jpgAl

Alan Bradbury

I've just lost all hydraulics slap bang in the middle of the North Sea
What were your hydraulic pumps set on?

Since I don't know the aircraft's systems that well, I just followed the tutorial PDF and set them all up like it says in that tutorial flight. I think what might have happened is me leaving the APU running, which of course would trip off at altitude, and I reckon that might have had something to do with it.The second time I made the flight, I started it with ground power and the air starter and it behaved itself, so I'm thinking it was actually probably my fault and not something wrong with the add-on. In fact, if the APU did trip off at altitude, then that's a plus point, since it means it is realistic.The only DC-9 I've ever had for a simulator prior to this one is the one that was in Airline Simulator 2 (anyone remember that? It was very expensive at the time, 99 quid I seem to recall), and of course the DC-9 in AS2 was not as sophisticated as FS add-ons are these days, so flying the Sky Simulations DC-9 is a bit of a case of 'learning on the job' for me when I normally only fly Boeing airliners.A couple of things I will say about the Sky Simulations DC-9 that impressed me though:It gets amazingly good frame rates, I was flying it in a seriously major thunderstorm with REX on quite high settings, and it was belting along through the clouds with no problems whatsoever. That storm was pretty spectacular too - you've got to love the way REX improves thunderstorms, they actually look quite frightening.It was also very convincing on the descent to landing. Initially I was going to fly an ILS approach fully automatic, but about halfway down I decided to hand fly it and disengaged the autothrottle and autopilot. I'm glad I did too, because it felt very realistic the way I had to make minor corrections as it bounced around a bit. I've never flown a real DC-9 of course, but the way it was behaving certainly reminded me of the aircraft I have flown for real and how you sometimes have to make small but rapid corrections when there's a bit of turbulence on approach.Incidentally, that tutorial PDF is pretty good on the whole, but the bit about the brake settings is very vague indeed and I'm still not completely sure if I'm doing everything right with the brakes. Need to suss that out actually, as I want to use it with TSR Autobrake, which is one thing I wouldn't normally fly an airliner without.I did find that the approach speeds a bit high with the SS DC-9, is the DC-9 noted for that? I know it has a small wing that is susceptible to icing contamination, making it a bit critical, but it does have some fairly hefty high lift devices on it too and I do know that one or two have successfully made dead stick landings in the past, so it surely can't be that fast. At some point I'm going to get hold of a manual for the real one and find out what is what of course, but approach speeds seem a bit high to me at the moment.Al

Alan Bradbury

Speaking of high speed approaches, I has to do a flapless approach into an airport earlier when Air Hauler kindly decided to fail the flaps for me. 200 knots and I got a greaser too!On a different note, cabin altitude is very well modeled on this thing and I'm pretty impressed with that. I'm really starting to like this add-on quite a bit. I definitely think it was my own error which caused that hydraulic fault I experienced earlier, as I've not had it happen since, so ignore my complaint on that score, as I'm fairly sure it was my own stupidity LOL (like that'd be a first)Al

Alan Bradbury

I did find that the approach speeds a bit high with the SS DC-9, is the DC-9 noted for that?
No, it's not. That was on my gripe list. :)Also, I suspect they "tuned" it for landing flaps 50 which is not something you do unless in an emergency.