Sign in to follow this  
Guest FxF3

FSAddon Publishing link Shock

Tigger, to publically state that theft is ok is to, in effect, advocate theft. Your position is untenable in an honest and upright community. Acceptance of such views can be found only among those who in practice theft rather than purchase. :(
Ron, while I generally have supported the industry's viewpoint (and your's in specific) I don't like it when you attempt to silence an opposing viewpoint with this type of juxtoposition. Opposing viewpoints can very well exist without the debater falling into the category of the thief. To end opposing viewpoints by this type of false categorization will chill discourse, something that would be ultimately a disspointment to the community.bestBob

Ron, while I generally have supported the industry's viewpoint (and your's in specific) I don't like it when you attempt to silence an opposing viewpoint with this type of juxtoposition. Opposing viewpoints can very well exist without the debater falling into the category of the thief. To end opposing viewpoints by this type of false categorization will chill discourse, something that would be ultimately a disspointment to the community.bestBob
Bob, if calling an advocate of theft an advocate of theft "chills discourse" then so be it.I'm not the least bit interested in "discourse" that justifies theft as an antithesis or counterpoint.If you consider my remarks as "false categorization" to "silence opposing viewpoints" then I suggest a thoughtful reread of the posters comments and my own in context. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Ohhhh no they don't. Whatever you may think of Pirate Bay or any other torrent site they are not costing any developer anything. The data is duplicated, not transferred from a devs webserver.
That is not entirely correct. Most torrents include only the "crack" but do NOT include the content. For the content, the thief must download the original source package directly from the vendor's servers...Bandwidth is not "free!" It must be paid for by the vendor. If 80% of the downloads of any given product are being made by thieves, how much does that add to the vendor's costs of doing business?To say that there's no monetary loss is to the developer/vendor is simply wrong... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Mesa
I'm not about to quantify physical dollar values regarding what my time and effort are worth with you.That's literally none of your business, as I am not employed by you.The fact is, if I'm spending time on copy protection... it's a cost. You can't dismiss it nor ignore it.Oh... and I strongly urge you to stop tossing in veiled insults into replies. Inappropriate, to say the least.
I don't think you can jump up and down about lost income and theft if you are not prepared to back it up with figures and evidence of how it is costing us, the consumer. So, what copy protection does Eaglesoft build in to it's products? What are they paying you for exactly Ed? How does your inestimable time and effort translate in terms of actual copy protection programming?You use the Flight1 system don't you? What is to stop little Johnny buying the Citation 2.0 on a Monday, getting a refund on a Tuesday and circulating the ripped files to all his friends on a Wednesday? Whatever you are charging, as long as you continue to use that system - it's too much :(