Sign in to follow this  
henningvr

J41 Previews

Guys, it looks fantastic. Every time I read or see more I become more and more impressed. Once again this is a testament to PMDG: you never are happy with status quo. Keep pushing the envelope!

Guest Tiemen

I dont know what to say.So ill just fly it when it comes out!Tiemen,

Looks amazing. If it had a 2D panel, I'd buy it.That's just me though and I wish you the very best for this product, which I'm sure will set new standards in PC flightsim :(
We do have a 2D popup for the FMS and autopilot controls, which is where the vast majority of in flight clicking takes place on this plane. Please don't knock it until you've tried it, the plane is not hard to operate in the FSX VC due to the view presets and mouselook... We provide a way in the manual to disable the "head latency" stuff in FSX too so that it's easier to click things without the view moving around subtly.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

We do have a 2D popup for the FMS and autopilot controls, which is where the vast majority of in flight clicking takes place on this plane. Please don't knock it until you've tried it, the plane is not hard to operate in the FSX VC due to the view presets and mouselook... We provide a way in the manual to disable the "head latency" stuff in FSX too so that it's easier to click things without the view moving around subtly.
I wasn't knocking it at all, I think it looks amazing. I'm just one of those types who just don't feel comfortable with VCs - I wish I did, but just don't. I don't think there's anything wrong with VCs at all and am sure that I am in some way a bit weird. C'est la vie.Based on what you've said though, perhaps it does make sense to reconsider my decision. I certainly need to have a look at the manuals. Again, I wish you all the very best success with this model!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Gavin, like Nick who posted earlier to this thread, I was strictly a 2D panel user even in the beautiful MD11 cockpit. When it came to pushing buttons I wanted 2D. Beta testing the JS4100 has changed my preference for ever. The only trick I had to learn to make it work for me was how to press the spacebar once and then the mouse becomes the pan/zoom/tilt control. Press spacebar again and it reverts to click tool. So for me, this has worked better than I imagined.

Dan Downs KCRP

To fully enjoy a VC you need TraclIR, I have version 4 and now that I have it I can't fly in the 2D anymore :) it will compliment the JS41 very well indeed.

We provide a way in the manual to disable the "head latency" stuff in FSX too so that it's easier to click things without the view moving around subtly.
I'm very much looking forward to that, because often when i want to change the values of the MD-11 AP the AP moves away from my mouse... :(

Guest 413X3

I just use the hat switch on my yoke to simulate me moving my head, and have another button on the yoke to reset my view forward. Works perfectly!

Exactly what I do: no head movement thingies needed. Works fast and easy. Man, I am looking forward to this plane: I can't tell you although some here might experience the same :(

I'm very much looking forward to that, because often when i want to change the values of the MD-11 AP the AP moves away from my mouse... :(
If you want to do it right now, here's how - overwrite this section of FSX.cfg with the following: (backup the old values in a separate txt file)
[DynamicHeadMovement]LonAccelOnHeadLon=0.0LonAccelOnHeadPitch=0.0RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.0YawAccelOnHeadLat=0.0RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.0MaxHeadAngle=0.0MaxHeadOffset=0.0HeadMoveTimeConstant=0.0

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Wow, that's quick. FSX is ready for the J41 now.... :( Good luck with the last heavy bits!

Quick question: are you guys gonna sell printed manuals this time?Regards,Radek Bochenek

Regards,

Radek

Ah comon stop it LOL, now your teasing.. Not Soon NOW heheheheThanks broPaulP.S Wheres my PDF`s hehehee