Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

henningvr

J41 Previews

Hi all, Here's a shot from the jump seat of the J41 with the beige main panel option. We'll probably be releasing the manuals some time tomorrow (don't hold me to it - but it looks very probable at this stage).j41_jumpseater.jpg

We'll probably be releasing the manuals some time tomorrow (don't hold me to it - but it looks very probable at this stage).
Good, because i'm nearly finished with the smartcockpit documents :( The beige painting looks very neat btw.

Looks amazing. If it had a 2D panel, I'd buy it.That's just me though and I wish you the very best for this product, which I'm sure will set new standards in PC flightsim :(

Guest rebelion

The plane must be great,but PMDG guys look the http://www.lotussim.com/ L-39 Landing lights and strobes.Fantastic!!Can you do the same to this plane?

The plane must be great,but PMDG guys look the http://www.lotussim.com/ L-39 Landing lights and strobes.Fantastic!!Can you do the same to this plane?
We can, but it won't be ready for prime time (we really wan't to get this plane to all of you, so we won't delay its release for something as trivial as landing lights. This plane is just too much fun to fly to taxi around looking at an illuminated runway anyway :( ). Expect it in a future update, or certainly in future products.

Wow, great to see that Henning - the creator of the famous and pioneering Aeroworx King Air B200 - has joined the PMDG team! :( GreetingsTim

Wow, great to see that Henning - the creator of the famous and pioneering Aeroworx King Air B200 - has joined the PMDG team! :( GreetingsTim
Henning has significantly raised the bar for PMDG. We're thrilled to have him, and you will soon see why with the release of the J41!

Hi VinI heard we will have some new kind of failure system with the JS41, could you tell us a bit more about it ?Benjamin

Very good to hear it will be out soon. Can not wait! Glad to hear Tim joined the team as well. The B200 was a great aircraft for FS2004, and it looks like the J41 is shaping up to do the same for FSX turboprops. Looks like it may be a good weekend after all.

Tim, Henning has significantly raised the bar for PMDG. We're thrilled to have him, and you will soon see why with the release of the J41!
Now I am even more excited about the J41! Thanks for the info, Vin! :( GreetingsTim

Looks great and looks like I'll be doing some serious reading soon!

Really like the look of this bird. I miss flying the Saab 340 add-on i had in FS9. it's about time FSX had a little turboprop to fly around in. well done all ones again, looks like another brilliant aircraft. any news when it is hoping to be released. Tom

Guys, it looks fantastic. Every time I read or see more I become more and more impressed. Once again this is a testament to PMDG: you never are happy with status quo. Keep pushing the envelope!

Guest Tiemen

I dont know what to say.So ill just fly it when it comes out!Tiemen,

Looks amazing. If it had a 2D panel, I'd buy it.That's just me though and I wish you the very best for this product, which I'm sure will set new standards in PC flightsim :(
We do have a 2D popup for the FMS and autopilot controls, which is where the vast majority of in flight clicking takes place on this plane. Please don't knock it until you've tried it, the plane is not hard to operate in the FSX VC due to the view presets and mouselook... We provide a way in the manual to disable the "head latency" stuff in FSX too so that it's easier to click things without the view moving around subtly.

We do have a 2D popup for the FMS and autopilot controls, which is where the vast majority of in flight clicking takes place on this plane. Please don't knock it until you've tried it, the plane is not hard to operate in the FSX VC due to the view presets and mouselook... We provide a way in the manual to disable the "head latency" stuff in FSX too so that it's easier to click things without the view moving around subtly.
I wasn't knocking it at all, I think it looks amazing. I'm just one of those types who just don't feel comfortable with VCs - I wish I did, but just don't. I don't think there's anything wrong with VCs at all and am sure that I am in some way a bit weird. C'est la vie.Based on what you've said though, perhaps it does make sense to reconsider my decision. I certainly need to have a look at the manuals. Again, I wish you all the very best success with this model!

Gavin, like Nick who posted earlier to this thread, I was strictly a 2D panel user even in the beautiful MD11 cockpit. When it came to pushing buttons I wanted 2D. Beta testing the JS4100 has changed my preference for ever. The only trick I had to learn to make it work for me was how to press the spacebar once and then the mouse becomes the pan/zoom/tilt control. Press spacebar again and it reverts to click tool. So for me, this has worked better than I imagined.

To fully enjoy a VC you need TraclIR, I have version 4 and now that I have it I can't fly in the 2D anymore :) it will compliment the JS41 very well indeed.

We provide a way in the manual to disable the "head latency" stuff in FSX too so that it's easier to click things without the view moving around subtly.
I'm very much looking forward to that, because often when i want to change the values of the MD-11 AP the AP moves away from my mouse... :(

Guest 413X3

I just use the hat switch on my yoke to simulate me moving my head, and have another button on the yoke to reset my view forward. Works perfectly!

Exactly what I do: no head movement thingies needed. Works fast and easy. Man, I am looking forward to this plane: I can't tell you although some here might experience the same :(

I'm very much looking forward to that, because often when i want to change the values of the MD-11 AP the AP moves away from my mouse... :(
If you want to do it right now, here's how - overwrite this section of FSX.cfg with the following: (backup the old values in a separate txt file)
[DynamicHeadMovement]LonAccelOnHeadLon=0.0LonAccelOnHeadPitch=0.0RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.0YawAccelOnHeadLat=0.0RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.0MaxHeadAngle=0.0MaxHeadOffset=0.0HeadMoveTimeConstant=0.0