Sign in to follow this  
henningvr

J41 Previews

Guys its 03:30am here in melbourne, Australia and l`m still awake hehehel have a feeling its going to be released this week..l hope l`m right..CyaPaul

l was thinking the very same thing.. hehehehel think they love seeing us go alittle crazyPaul

I dont understand what the whole fuss is about.... With all due respect, this is nothing to get excited over as this isn't a very complexed aircraft, compared to JETLINERS... To be honest i'd be more excited about a release of a B777-200 rather than another turboprop addon..Brian Wilkins.
We've released long haul jets with our last two products, and you complain as if we've done a bunch of turboprops... riiight.I'd bet a very large amount of money that you wouldn't be able to correctly fly a decent and approach in this aircraft if you really think 777s and the like are the "complex" aircraft for pilots... This is a pilot's airplane, you actually have to (*gasp*) put your hand on the yoke and throttle in this one. There's no coupled VNAV, autolands, automatic radio tuning and the like. What is there though are a whole bunch of actual piloting related things that can royally mess up your engines, icing to watch out for and deal with, payload and fuel management etc... This is easily as "complex" as learning a jet's systems, much moreso I'd argue given that it's not all automated with the push of a button.I'm not going to stand back and allow anyone to post misinformed attacks this product - we put just as much effort into this as we do with the jets, it's a completely different way of flying and many aspects of turboprop operation are being simulated correctly for the very first time in the history of Flight Simulator with this aircraft.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Was wondering the same thing... I would think this is truly the first FSX native turbo-prop product? Especially one done to this level of detail.

I'm thinking this will be one of your most successful products, there are alot of Jetliners out there already, this is new and fresh, I have to admit way back when it was first announced I was dissappointed, but the first time I saw the sexy beast it was an 180 turn. I hope you guys will make more interesting aircraft in the future. (would love to see more props).

Was wondering the same thing... I would think this is truly the first FSX native turbo-prop product? Especially one done to this level of detail.
Steve,I don't know that this is the first "FSX native" turboprop (probably not), but you're undoubtedly right that no turboprop has been done to this level of detail before. It's certainly vastly different from anything else available, if for no other reason than the fact that the JS41 uses Garrett geared turbines rather than the Pratt PT6 free turbines used in most other offerings. You'll find that you'll need to pay closer attention to your engines to keep from torching them, and the trade-off for having nearly instantaneous response to thrust changes is that negative torque (the use of flattened prop pitch as a speed brake) is not available. Slowing the JS41 down in a descent isn't easy to do, and it takes some real care to make a clean approach. If you get fast, you probably won't be able to slow down, so you can expect a go-around.PMDG have done a masterful job with the engine modeling, with a good bit of it outside the stock FSX code. Let the engines spool all the way down without putting the props on the start latches, then go outside and watch the props slowly feather. (You won't be able to restart them until you put the props on the latches with the unfeather pump.) For that matter, watch the start sequence -- the sound changes as the turbine spools up to idle rpm is exactly correct, and the timing is perfect, too. Brilliant.FSX has needed a good regional turboprop for a long time -- and in a very short time, it'll finally have one.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

hehehe well said tabs.Its great to see PMDG take an aircraft like this to the next level.Now wheres my PDF`s hehehehePaul

this isn't a very complexed aircraft, compared to JETLINERS...
Sure, I would like to see you shoot a non-precision approach with step down fixes in this aircraft, perhaps with some winds and one engine INOP and see how 'simplistic' it is. Clearly you have an armchair approach to aviation ... a few real flying lessons would humble you. :(

I am no longer disappointed about what's coming our way with the J41. This will definitely be a great addon and will take a lot of work for me. Great job PMDG!

Keith Guillory

We've released long haul jets with our last two products, and you complain as if we've done a bunch of turboprops... riiight.I'd bet a very large amount of money that you wouldn't be able to correctly fly a decent and approach in this aircraft if you really think 777s and the like are the "complex" aircraft for pilots... This is a pilot's airplane, you actually have to (*gasp*) put your hand on the yoke and throttle in this one. There's no coupled VNAV, autolands, automatic radio tuning and the like. What is there though are a whole bunch of actual piloting related things that can royally mess up your engines, icing to watch out for and deal with, payload and fuel management etc... This is easily as "complex" as learning a jet's systems, much moreso I'd argue given that it's not all automated with the push of a button.I'm not going to stand back and allow anyone to post misinformed attacks this product - we put just as much effort into this as we do with the jets, it's a completely different way of flying and many aspects of turboprop operation are being simulated correctly for the very first time in the history of Flight Simulator with this aircraft.
Know when to hold 'em and fold 'em Ryan. The original post did not warrant the dignity of any kind of response; taunting trolls breeds more trolls. The proof, as they say, will be in the puddin'. So, when's desert? :(

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Know when to hold 'em and fold 'em Ryan. The original post did not warrant the dignity of any kind of response; taunting trolls breeds more trolls. The proof, as they say, will be in the puddin'. So, when's desert? :(
Yes, when is dessert?