Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nfus

2D panels?!

Guys,pls do not tell me there are not 2D panels on the J41!!!I use a multiple monitor configuration and 2D detachable panels would be the best (MD11 way).Nick

Hi,There aren't any 2D panels except for the manager and the FMS/AP.Best regards,Robin.

All you need is the FMS + AP/YD + VS?IAS wheel (popup thru Shift-3 or click on FMS in VC) and ramp manager (Shifit-2).They are there for you to undock on second monitor.Vangelis

it's a shame...wasted my money...never mind...Nick
READ BEFORE BUY, its on the official website.

It was made extremely apparent that this aircraft was VC only in basically every preview we did here, going back many many months.Please try using the VC, you will probably find you like it after you get used to which controls you need to actually operate the aircraft in flight. Most are available right in the main view.

READ BEFORE BUY, its on the official website.
Yes the only one to blame is myself... :( Unfortunately I use a multimonitor configuration (3+1) which need 2D panles to be used at best...I will have to keep on flying with my ATR... :( Nick

LOL!! Yep...keep doing away with 2D...and reducing your market share. LOL!
Keep laughing bud, this is already our best selling product since the FS9 747.

Thats very cool info Ryan. You think it's because it's a short haul Turboprop or because of the pricepoint?JB

2D Multi-monitor setups represent a a very small minority of users. PMDG aimed at the largest target market - Single monitor setups. Great move I reckon. Unfortunately some will not like it. You have to aim ahead of the curve. In this age of high development and publishing costs and rampant theft you need the highest return for investment. Try TrackIR and put 2D to bed.

I have 3 monitors...2 19inchers flanking a 24 incher...I love the J41...not sure the problem.

One thing that helped me a lot when it came to navigating around the VC was this little program called X-Mouse. It basically allows you to look around (and zoom) in cockpit by using just the "wheel" on your mouse. I know some wireless/gaming mice might come with this utility but for those who haven't heard of such a program or never used it, I suggest you give it a try. Download and install X-Mouse HEREThen in FSX controls, assign ENTER (instead of SPACE) to "Mouse - View Direction". You will see 3 of them but just change the first one. And in the X-Mouse control window, assign ENTER to the Wheel Button on your mouse. Now you can look around the flight deck by pressing the wheel. You can even zoom in while looking around the flight deck all by using the wheel on your mouse.

It can't be! Everyone uses FS9!ROFLMAO. I love how PMDG consistently proves the FS9 a really excited user wrong. :(

It can't be! Everyone uses FS9!ROFLMAO. I love how PMDG consistently proves the FS9 a really excited user wrong. :(
Agreed! And statistics don't lie! :(

ROFLMAO. I love how your going to ruin another thread with your flame wars.

very newbie here! Please dont flame me for maybe a very uneducated question!I am a real world PPL, mostly on 172s and Piper Cherokees and am very interested in creating a homebuilt cockpit similar to many I have come across through various forums. I am more interested in twin turboprops than the heavies, which seem to be the most popular for home cockpits and parts availability for that matter.This aircraft is great for realism of flight systems and for this reason I would be interested in creating a homebuilt cockpit based on this aircraft, but if there are little to no keyboard assignments and no 2d panels this would be very hard to accomplish.Trevor Leslie

It took some getting use to but I now find the VC cockpit the way to go. I have even been flying my LevelD in vc when i do fly it. I hated the idea of only a VC but I gave it a fair chance. I tend to do my scrolling through with my hat switch and the space bar and mouse. I may give the other program you suggested a try. I have track ir that a friend gave me but man i feel like im getting sea sick when using it. Not sure why maybe need to mess with the sensitivity of the track ir to get it right. You have to give the VC a fair shake before you can say it stinks. There are plenty of people on this board that will help if you ask but to just say its sucks and its a waste of money due to you not reading everything is no ones fault but your own. No different then when I just purchased my new computer case and did see that one letter was different which changed the side panel. Its the manufactures fault its mine for not paying attention to detail. Give a chance and you may find you like it. I dont use multiply monitors but i would think the VC would spread with no issues if you dont run FSX in a window state and run it full screen. Just my 2 cents.

I am a 2D panel die hard. That was until the Jetstream came along! Now it's just about all I fly. If the FSX 737NG is going to be this good, then not much will get done around my place.Martin Buzzell

Maybe I am over simplifying here chaps (God forbid that around here!), but can you not simply open additional view windows (using the ] key) and select those to virtual cockpit, then position and angle the camera to view whatever system it is you want on show, then drag said window to whatever monitor you please? You could shove the whole overhead on it's own monitor using the above method, should you so desire. It's not quite as quick as the 2D route and obviously it uses more system resources than the 2D approach, but if you can afford upwards of 3 monitors than I would of thought you'd be able to spend a few quid on powerful hardware. It does have its advantages too; you can put precisely what you want on show, at any size, without fear of distortion or having to resort to painful editing of panel bitmaps and configuration files. And you get some very nice shading which matches lighting conditions in the cockpit.So far as I can tell, in the JS41, I can manage fine panning about to reach stuff, nothing is awkward to access or read, even at 1280*800 on a 15.4" screen. My big qualm is performance, I'm on a budget and sometimes my framerates can be bloody awful!Chris Liu

No 2D panels is pants.... I'm not flying this bird anymore because the frame rates get hit so hard it becomes unplayable. MD-11 is ok with 2d panels. So Jetstream has been consigned to the hanger.Please please please DONT release anymore products with no 2D panels.

The J41 is for experienced sim pilots.I almost did not buy the J41 because of the no 2D panel issue.I bought it anyway because PMDG is the best, and I wanted a super, complex turbo-prop.Well, it took some adjusting. I've burned up 8 pairs of engines...but now I have adusted and feel the J41 is not perfect but it is still the best sim ever made!I spent a fortune on my new rig and it runs the J41 smoothly with high frame rates.I'm very well pleased, and I love the J41 IFR communter flights.zach