Sign in to follow this  
wombat778

Easier method of J41 cold/dark startup

I don't think the system temp folder is a good choice because FS will always look in its flight simulator files folder. Given that this is different in many languages and that English is I think the version most people have (I am not a native English speaker but any program in a language other than English is crazy) it would be better to add a textbox and a browse button to your GUI. By default it will use the user's document directory and Flight Simulator X files. With the browse button you give users the ability to search for their own ("blah blah Dateien") directory if it differs from the standard English version and just have your superb utility save it in a configuration file.I wouldn't recommend saving your program's configuration file in the installation directory but rather in the user's ROAMING directory, those you can get easily from the system settings and would not force the user to require administrative privileges (a major mistake many programmers make). In my UNIX scripts I usually had a configuration file stored in the install directory (only admin can change) and a user's configuration (in their roaming directory) that could override some (or all) of the settings in the system-wide configuration file. This approach always worked like a charm and I never required my users to run with administrative privileges.Anyway, hopefully you implement this in v0.7, I am glad this utility exists (wish there was one for Aerosoft Twin Otter, also suffering from such quirks). One of the problems I have with the J41 is that even with the Trike off as my default flight, when I load the J41 it always starts with engines running and then it burns because the rest is not configured.I like 0.6, hope for 0.7 but this is the kind of utility that will bring joy into J41 flying again :-) THANKS A MILLION.BTW The "artifacts" are NOT due to this good utility, it is simply a J41 problem as mentioned by some other user. I have that with my system no matter what I do and is indeed annoying. A legacy of Microsoft's abandoning a product that did not become ripe.

I'm search and use always my "All-time variant":open FLTSIM.FLT file (your FSX folder - flights - other) and make changes as below shown:[Engine Parameters.1.0]ThrottleLeverPct=0.000000000PropellerLeverPct=0.00000000000000MixtureLeverPct=0.00000000000000Pct Engine RPM=0.00000000000000MaxReachedEngineRPM=6479.5241826773145LeftMagneto=FalseRightMagneto=FalseGeneratorSwitch=TrueCowlFlapPct=0FuelPumpSwitch=FalseCarbHeat/DeiceSwitch=False[systems.0]BatterySwitch=FalseStructuralDeiceSwitch=FalsePropDeiceSwitch=FalseAutobrakes=0StandbyVacuum=FalsePropSync=FalseAutoFeatherSwitch=FalseFlightDirector=FalsePanelLights=FalseAnd you'll have always C'nD cockpit situation in the future, for all a/c, not only Jet41Enjoy :(

Guest Enno

Sorry, but - no.Regarding the Jetstream, this modification has absolutely no effect (at least for me).It's really sad. I'm starting to get annoyed. Although I own the Jetstream since nearly one year now, I almost never use it because it's so annoying to go thorugh such a complicated procedure just to get the aircraft cold and dark.I also have the Cold and Dark tool, but it has the problem it works just for the first time normally. Then it remembers the conditions of this first flight and everytime I use it again it sets the airport, weather conditions and time back to the ones of the first attempt. It's always a "chaos" of several loading cyles, loading the aircraft, setting it to cold and dark, switch over to the airport I want, loading the weather conditions and setting the time. This costs a lot of time and- to say it a little bit exaggerated - I don't wanna spend half of my free time just setting up the correct conditions. I want to FLY.Why the heck is it impossible to give the user the possibility just to load a C'nD situation?It was possible in the 747-400, in the MD-11, it's possible in innumerable other aircraft by other manufacturers, why not in this one?Could perhaps a member of PMDG give a statement about this, or maybe a statement in direction of a product update or something like that?And (to PMDG): Please forgive me my potentially a little bit angry tone, but maybe you can understand that this situation sometimes rains on my parade...Kind Regards!

Full real names are required here, regarding C&D: You can load J41 directly by double clicking saved flight file, this way it will load perfectly in state at which it was saved.

Sorry, but - no.Regarding the Jetstream, this modification has absolutely no effect (at least for me).
Enno, what do you mean by "absolutely no effect"? I have never heard of anyone that my program does not work for. Please do the following and let me know where you are running into a problem:1) Download version 0.6 my program here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6RR4SY5N2) Extract the zip file anywhere on your hard drive.3) Run the enclosed file J41ColdDark.exe4) Load FSX5) Choose the J41 and select the weather, airport, time of your choice. Start the flight.6) Once in the cockpit, hold down the Tab key and press Q. You should see a loading box appear for a few seconds, then it should load to cold/dark.If this does not work, please let me know exactly what step does not work and what the error is. Thanks.

Hi all just to add my thoughts to this topic, good that some one has come up with a great program, but whats wrong if u want to start from cold and dark and ur having problems using the above program is by when entering the sim and if the aircraft is running, by simply shutting it down and than u got a cold and dark set up only takes a minute or so to do.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Excellent little app for the JS41, thanks a lot for your effort it works great.

Hi all just to add my thoughts to this topic, good that some one has come up with a great program, but whats wrong if u want to start from cold and dark and ur having problems using the above program is by when entering the sim and if the aircraft is running, by simply shutting it down and than u got a cold and dark set up only takes a minute or so to do.
Honestly, for those who don't have a ton of time appreciate this app because it works well. Correct me if I'm wrong but won't you have to wait for the EGT to come down below 200°C before attempting to start engines. If you start FSX with engines running and shut them down to setup cold and dark, you will have to wait longer. Just my $.02.

I am somewhat sadenned by the willingness to make this a/c simulation difficult regardless of the users point of view.LVLD has some nice start up aids to get you going safely.live and learn :( And yes, I too have not had that much success with the "aid", it does not get to a cold and dark like I prefer >> with all switches @ OFF

Link not working

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

That might be because the latest link is about two and a half years old by now....

Hello Thomas

Any chance of sending newer link or email me the file ?  It would be very much appreciated 

Many thanks

Alaa 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

There is a LUA module freely available for FSUIPC that works like a charm. I mapped it to one of the rocker switches on my Saitek TQ and it rips the J low in a sec ;)

23.png