Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Aerosimmer A320 first impressions.

Guest Astradan
FSUIPC is a vital part of the FS9 and many add-ons rely on it. This is the first time I'm hearing that an add-on is not compatible with the fsuipc.
Hi - I am absolutely not saying that the AS A320 is not compatible with FSUIPC in FS9. Just observing that as I don't have any FSUIPC in my virgin install, it may be a factor for the virtually bug/issue-free performance I'm seeing.I intend to install registered FSUIPC into FS9 when I am next simming (tomorrow), and test to see if there is any loss in AP stability.Hopefully not, as I agree, FSUIPC is a must have!
On a slightly different note, has anyone figured out how to adjust the horizontal stabs so that they aren't pointed upward? Adjusting trim does nothing to alleviate it either on the ground or in flight... that's abot the only flaw I have seen in the VISUAL model... - Alex
I've not looked at any issues with the exterior model, as I'm more of an 'in the cockpit' guy :( but that sounds interesting. Isn't there a feature of the FBW that deflects the elevator or stab downwards for stability in the take-off run, then reverss the deflection quickly, when the PF pulls back on the sidestick to rotate ? ... still, even with this, you shouldn't be seeing that deflection in flight!

Adjusting trim does nothing to alleviate it either on the ground or in flight... that's abot the only flaw I have seen in the VISUAL model...
The THS is operated via the computer autotrim system. Manual trim is only available in direct law or pulling some CBs I think.

The THS is operated via the computer autotrim system. Manual trim is only available in direct law or pulling some CBs I think.
You are correct! Manual trim is not available in real world busses, exept flying under direct law!So I think that's not a bug of the Airsimmer Bus.Wolfgang

You are correct! Manual trim is not available in real world busses, exept flying under direct law!So I think that's not a bug of the Airsimmer Bus.Wolfgang
If you look at any exterior screenshot then compare it to any photo of a real A320, you'll see what I'm talking about... you'll see the horizontal stabs are deflected FAR too much on the model... this is definitely a bug that needs fixing.- Alex

If it's a bug, then post it up in their Technical Support forums...or are you nervous to go in there and see how many people are actually having major issues with it?? :( Don't get upset...it's just a joke

For how many years has this been recommended as a "best practice" for properly initializing the FS engine for any advanced aircraft? :(
I've never found it necessary to do this. I run FS9.1 and have all of PMDG's a/craft, some Flight 1 and PSS. I just select one and load that without first loading a default. They all seem to work as advertised! :( Iain Smith

I've never found it necessary to do this. I run FS9.1 and have all of PMDG's a/craft, some Flight 1 and PSS. I just select one and load that without first loading a default. They all seem to work as advertised! :( Iain Smith
Because of what I'm seeing with this Airsimmer A320 prior to me installing that add-on I was getting CTD's everytime I flew to the NYC area. I'm now testing to see if loading up the default Cessna first before aircraft like the Leonardo MD80 will put to rest my CTD issue when flying to NYC. It all depends on where you fly with most highend aircraft as to what adverse problems you could get. The Airsimemr A320 is the only one I've seen that all but a garentee of a CTD if you don't load the default Cessna first. KATL had crash potential as well depending on the time of day and how busy the airport is. It's always been recommended to load the default Cessna with high end add-ons and if this put this to rest for the NYC area on my machine I'm a very vocal advocate of it. I'm glade Airsimmer's A320 brought this out if no more than that reason alone. You don't have to do this for most aircraft but in combination to where you choose to fly for some locations the right high end aircraft can bring about a CTD. For the record concerning Airsimmer's A320, I still have yet to see another CTD after I started the process of loading up the default Cessna first...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

The older PMDG 737NG doesn't:1. Model Fly-By-Wire
Actually, you might be interested to know that our modeling of Control Wheel Steering in the NG actually is doing the same thing that a "FBW" model does - it intercepts joystick commands outside of FS and then reinputs them back into the sim modified. Vangelis to my knowlege was the first person to do this in FS during the development of the NG. So actually, we've actually had the core programming functionality that goes into making an Airbus-style FBW system since the original NG as a result. The MD-11's LSAS operates in a very similar way as well, when that system is active, your joystick inputs are being intercepted and modified, then fed back to the actual control surfaces, just like in the real thing.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Astradan

Hi all,Just to confirm that I installed registerd FSUIPC 3.93 into FS9 last night, and have seen no issues at all with control or the AP in the Airsimmer A320.So any AP issues people are having don't appear to be FSUIPC related. :(

Hi all,Just to confirm that I installed registerd FSUIPC 3.93 into FS9 last night, and have seen no issues at all with control or the AP in the Airsimmer A320.So any AP issues people are having don't appear to be FSUIPC related. :(
I also have a registered version of FSUIPC and haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary with regards to the autopilot. The only problem I've had is getting established on the localizer and glideslope... I think this will be a fine Airbus when it "grows up"... but for now, it has too many small teething issues that need attention. :(