Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Aerosimmer A320 first impressions.

Which part makes sense? And which part of my post is "nonsense" again? Because if my post was nonesense, you would not have corrected your inaccuracies about the PMDG 737...
And my post about the Airsimmer A320 is spot on. They released an unfinished Advanced product and labeled it a Basic product. I could care less one way or the other, just stating the fact. If the facts makes for an uncomfortable situation, then fine...here, I'll difuse the situation:The Airsimmer product is the most promising and astonishing product ever released, way better than everything else, it may have lots of bugs and crash Flight Simulator, but that's okay...you should buy it. Its a great product!IS everyone happy now?

Which part makes sense?
His overview of where I was coming from, his pointing out of my reference to PMDG's bird in context, and the perceived hatred of a product that's unfounded in and within itself. Like I stated a few post ago it makes since to dislike how Airsimmer is handling pricing but to flat out dog the product when 90% here don't own it is ridicules.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Honestly, the vitriol in these threads (and the Eaglesoft Citation X threads too) ought to be enough to kill of every developer and potential developer out there. No-one is compelling anyone to buy the A320, whether now in Basic form, or in the future in advanced form. Why can't people just leave it alone if they don't like it instead of heaping on the hate?I would have thought that simmers ought to be at least a little bit pleased that anyone is developing hard core addons for a sim platform which has been killed by its owners, but no. Instead it seems like some just want to hasten the death of developers who've done something they dislike.

And my post about the Airsimmer A320 is spot on. They released an unfinished Advanced product and labeled it a Basic product. I could care less one way or the other, just stating the fact. If the facts makes for an uncomfortable situation, then fine...here, I'll difuse the situation:The Airsimmer product is the most promising and astonishing product ever released, way better than everything else, it may have lots of bugs and crash Flight Simulator, but that's okay...you should buy it. Its a great product!IS everyone happy now?
Why don't you try extracting the words Airsimmer A320 and punch in FSX in the post above and observe how the same case can be made (and has been made). People bought that didn't they, there's even a forum dedicated to it??? Bottom line if people feel something is worth it they support it. Again Airsimmer's add-on stands a better chance of getting fully fixed than FSX will ever have... I support it because these guys bother to give us yet another FS9 title. If we're here 3 months from now talking about the same issue you got me. It's going on 3+ years with FSX...
Why not compare the A320 to the PMDG MD-11...eh...nevermind.
Maybe I will when the Advanced model comes out... If you read the original post here you'll see where the whole PMDG 737NG debate came from.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Oh come on...Payware developers keep developing planes because there is a market for them. And there will continue to be a market for them. Airsimmer will do what they have to do to keep this project going because there is a cash cow at the end of the rainbow. Anybody with a little common sense would do the same. People are thrashing this product because we feel like we were taken advantage of (yes, I actually own the basic version.) I for one can't fly it right now because I can't complete a flight with out fs crashing. Yes we can get our money back, but I don't want my money back. I want a working airbus. Fully functional or not. One that I can actually complete a flight and file a PIREP with my va. End of story

How does this panel compare with the old PSS ABPro ?

Hi Les,

I understand the angst against how this thing was released which I've commented about it. If they get that resolved I highly recommend this bird.
Thanks for the comments.Best regards,Robin.AirSimmer Customer Support.

Hey Les, I too have purchased it late Sunday but haven't had time to test much. I second your mini review and look forward to more testing and learning this potentially great add-on.I did want to check if you've had permanent success avoiding CTD's by converting the vc textures (or did you convert all textures) to DXT3? Cheers,Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Maybe I will when the Advanced model comes out... If you read the original post here you'll see where the whole PMDG 737NG debate came from.
I did read the original post...about 5 minutes after you wrote it last night. Maybe you shouldn't be comparing A 2010 BMW to a 2001 Cadillac, which is in essence what you are doing. Except BMW has a reputation, and has been around for a long time.

Wow that's loaded coming from someone that doesn't own it. You have a slight point with the FMC but CLS's birds are 'lite' and don't have near the functionality of this model. Here's where this add-on makes up for a more robust FMC:The older PMDG 737NG doesn't:1. Model Fly-By-Wire2. offer a Push Back Feature3. have every switch in the VC modeled with future options for all switches to actually function (75% of them function now). 4. offer LCD screens that are adjustable and self luminating5. call up external power through a feature in the FMC not to mention open various doors (not realistic but nice in the confines of FS)6. have adjustable seats in the VC inlcuding the rear jumpseat. The seats are actually the proper size in the cockpit compared to PMDG.7. offer full adjustable night lighting for the various panels in the VC not just a dome light
You are right I don't have this, I primarily use FSX, and were interested in these threads to get an idea of what to expect when the FSX version is released. From what I see, I think I'll be staying with my Wilco/Project Airbus combination which works quite well!!Mike already addressed many of these points, but I would like to add a few points. BTW when I used FS9 I did have the PMDG 737NG1. Model Fly-By-Wire As Mike stated the B737NG doesn't use Fly-By-Wire, so that comparison is non applicable, I would bet money though that if it did PMDG would have implemented it! Also the default Airbus A321 in FSX already does implement FBW. 3 years ago. Same for the Wilco, but for some reason not the overspeed protection. (Bug or omission I don't know) 2. offer a Push Back Feature As Mike states it does, I believe you set it in the PMDG keyboard assignments. The default pushback (Shift-P-1 or 2) also works pretty well!3. have every switch in the VC modeled with future options for all switches to actually function (75% of them function now). Most switches that affect flight are modeled and clickable. Until the remainder of the switches are activated, whether or not they are clickable is just eye candy. 4. offer LCD screens that are adjustable and self luminating I think Mike answered that one!5. call up external power through a feature in the FMC not to mention open various doors (not realistic but nice in the confines of FS) As Mike stated, ext power availability is automatic in the 737NG, The doors can be be set with key assignments.6. have adjustable seats in the VC inlcuding the rear jumpseat. The seats are actually the proper size in the cockpit compared to PMDG. Not sure what this has to do with functionality, but it is nice eye candy. 7. offer full adjustable night lighting for the various panels in the VC not just a dome light See Mike's answer.One other from a previous response to someone.You can add waypoints directly on the flight plan page. You have the ability call up runways for your takeoff/departure airports which we all know is very helpful especially on approach.You can do most of this with the default GPS! Seeing that it doesn't calculate things like Top of descent. Does the FMCG support Stars/Sids with the Basic version?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I feel pity for the AS team now....they gotta take all the crap you guys give em! :( I have this product now and am pleased with a few things, like the visuals (the VC is simply stunning), FDE, and paints. But it is buggy (cough*Autopilot*cough :( )...they released it knowing that there were bugs and they have every intention of fixing them. Think of it this way:Is it possible that they would go belly up if they decided to release it when they ironed out the bugs? (remember, that it could take months to do that, they were in a crisis when they let out the Basic version. Imagine if they waited a few months.) The only reason they released it 2 days ago is because they were in a financial crisis. So pretty much,Belly up = No Advanced A320, no A321/A319/A318, no future products.Not the best stratagy, I know. But hey, they gotta do it if you want a finished product in the near future.Just my 2 cents, Let the Flames Begin. :(

Danny

I feel pity for the AS team now....they gotta take all the crap you guys give em! :( I have this product now and am pleased with a few things, like the visuals (the VC is simply stunning), FDE, and paints. But it is buggy (cough*Autopilot*cough :( )...they released it knowing that there were bugs and they have every intention of fixing them. Think of it this way:Is it possible that they would go belly up if they decided to release it when they ironed out the bugs? (remember, that it could take months to do that, they were in a crisis when they let out the Basic version. Imagine if they waited a few months.) The only reason they released it 2 days ago is because they were in a financial crisis. So pretty much,Belly up = No Advanced A320, no A321/A319/A318, no future products.Not the best stratagy, I know. But hey, they gotta do it if you want a finished product in the near future.Just my 2 cents, Let the Flames Begin. :(
Oh course they are going to get crap. After all...this is an internet forum Just%20Kidding.gifMy biggest problem with this whole situation is the cockiness that Airsimmer had about this product. They have hyped this airbus up so much in the past 2 years, you'd think that it's the best thing since sliced bread. Then when they go and release this (for whatever reason), it really lets you down. Heck, the spoilers don't even deploy properly!! Remember their "No Compromise" slogan? I think people are disappointed, confused, and ticked because of what has transpired over the last few days.

Guest AVN8tr

Why do you all blame Microsoft for the FSX disaster. Early in this decade Microsoft and IBM designed a PowerPC chip that's found in the Xbox360 with a memory controller on the die and released it at the end of 2005. What's so hard to understand that Intel refused to do the same until just last year, 2008. That's 5 years lead time it's not like Microsoft kept their design a secret... so please don't equate the FSX problem Microsoft had to Air Simmer. As it stands this plane has no functional FLIGHT DIRECTOR or any automation for that matter. The only way to fly this thing is by hand and even that shows the weakness in the FBW system. Like one of the above posters said... you all still have your hopes up, even though we now know exactly what Air Simmer means by "no comprimise"

Why do you all blame Microsoft for the FSX disaster. Early in this decade Microsoft and IBM designed a PowerPC chip that's found in the Xbox360 with a memory controller on the die and released it at the end of 2005. What's so hard to understand that Intel refused to do the same until just last year, 2008. That's 5 years lead time it's not like Microsoft kept their design a secret... so please don't equate the FSX problem Microsoft had to Air Scammer. As it stands this plane has no functional FLIGHT DIRECTOR or any automation for that matter. The only way to fly this thing is by hand and even that shows the weakness in the FBW system. Like one of the above posters said... you all still have your hopes up, even though we now know exactly what Air Scammer means by "no comprimise"
The "Air Scammer" comments are uncalled for. No more of that!