Sign in to follow this  
Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

FSX Carrier USS Nimitz & USS Eisenhower by Javier Fernandez

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

This Freeware add on is a must have for Carrier Fans. Unlike the FSX carrier this one looks right. No Rails around the deck. Aircraft Parked on deck. Personnel on deck....EVEN GRAPES (purple shirts like i was) You can even hear the air boss over the 5MC on deck. Javier Fernandez HATS OFF TO YOU! Bravo Zulu!!!!!!GaryV-4 Div. CVN-70 Wespac 86-87

This Freeware add on is a must have for Carrier Fans. Unlike the FSX carrier this one looks right. No Rails around the deck. Aircraft Parked on deck. Personnel on deck....EVEN GRAPES (purple shirts like i was) You can even hear the air boss over the 5MC on deck. Javier Fernandez HATS OFF TO YOU! Bravo Zulu!!!!!!GaryV-4 Div. CVN-70 Wespac 86-87
How about a link?Gary

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70
How about a link?Gary
Oh sorry....I found it on Flightsim.com (my second fav sim site AVSIM being my first of course) search for uss_nimitz_ike.zipGaryWOW I just landed my Tomcat (iris) and then rode L3 down to hangerbay 3. and parked there.I am a grinning..... :(

Oh sorry....I found it on Flightsim.com (my second fav sim site AVSIM being my first of course) search for uss_nimitz_ike.zipGaryWOW I just landed my Tomcat (iris) and then rode L3 down to hangerbay 3. and parked there.I am a grinning..... :(
Thanks I did find it on Flightsim.com and have it d/l but not installed yet. "Better Half" has chores for me first!Appreciate the heads up 'cause I missed it over there.Javier and his pals are gifts that keep on giving. Wish I had their talents.Gary

Anyone, I hate to ask silly questions, but what are the keyboard commands for getting this incredible looking package to simulate cat-shots? Do I need to run something like the Arrestor Cables program too?Keith

Keith Guillory

Anyone, I hate to ask silly questions, but what are the keyboard commands for getting this incredible looking package to simulate cat-shots? Do I need to run something like the Arrestor Cables program too?Keith
At least with Acceleration, you don

I have installed this great add-on and enjoy the heck out of it. However some of the members of our group at www.simflite.com have flown on my computer and then installed on theirs and have a problem. On my system I have steam vents on all cats when not primed for launch. No body else seems to have this effect and I can not figure it out...If I can learn how to attach a .jpg to this post to show the effect I will. Does anyone else have this effect or do I have a different .fx file I don't know about causing this steam. ??fisheye

I have installed this great add-on and enjoy the heck out of it. However some of the members of our group at www.simflite.com have flown on my computer and then installed on theirs and have a problem. On my system I have steam vents on all cats when not primed for launch. No body else seems to have this effect and I can not figure it out...If I can learn how to attach a .jpg to this post to show the effect I will. Does anyone else have this effect or do I have a different .fx file I don't know about causing this steam. ??fisheye
That is very nice to see steam vents on all cats. I only have one but located at the very front of the carrier which doesn't look right.I understand that this version2 supposed to have all steam ventsJimmy

Intel® Core™ i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz (Turbo 4.7GHz), 2TB Patriot ViperVP4100 NVMe M.2 SSD , 3TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache HDD, 64GB DDR4/3000MHz Quad ChMemory, EVGA GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ FTW3 HYDRO COPPER GAMING 8GB GDDR6 (Custom Water Block), Samsung QLED 32”, Windows 98😀

The only thing I noticed about steam during the last time I flew patterns to NIMITZ, was that while on downwind I glanced over at the deck and saw that the steam effect was still visible. As I prepared to make my turn to final the effect reset itself, and continued to work properly on each of the cats. All else is great for me!

Keith Guillory

The only thing I noticed about steam during the last time I flew patterns to NIMITZ, was that while on downwind I glanced over at the deck and saw that the steam effect was still visible. As I prepared to make my turn to final the effect reset itself, and continued to work properly on each of the cats. All else is great for me!
I noticed that the picture that I first posted didn't really show the effects that well. Here is a close up that shows what I am talking about more clearly. Posted picture....

I noticed that the picture that I first posted didn't really show the effects that well. Here is a close up that shows what I am talking about more clearly. Posted picture....
This is so nice, I wondered what effect file control the steam? I used the latest version (2).Jimmy

Intel® Core™ i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz (Turbo 4.7GHz), 2TB Patriot ViperVP4100 NVMe M.2 SSD , 3TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache HDD, 64GB DDR4/3000MHz Quad ChMemory, EVGA GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ FTW3 HYDRO COPPER GAMING 8GB GDDR6 (Custom Water Block), Samsung QLED 32”, Windows 98😀

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Wow, I am still flying carrier ops. This is a great package. If you minimize FSX and click the aircarrier icon again, you can place two carriers.The only thing that it would take to make it better than * would be the ability to talk to the LSO or Carrier Tower.....Question for someone out there?I have been flying the IRIS f-14. Dino's t-45 and Razbam EA-6b for carrier ops (all work well) but the Default f-18 bounces like a rubber ball when catching the wire. any fix for that?Gary

Hi Fisheye,What kind of formation configuration did you select?I cannot come up with a destroyer close to your carrier like in the picture.The only steam effect I have is during catapult, but not with all 4 catsJimmy