Sign in to follow this  
Benoit01

ai airline dates

Hi people. I have been using flightsim for the last 5 years and I still feel like I know nothing... Just a question about AI airlines. I use World of AI for their packages and I have a lot of them, but it seems like my airports are empty. Does the date on the package (i.e. United Airlines Summer 2008) matter when I set my parameters before flying (dusk,dawn,winter,dates etc.)? Do I have to have all of the same date to be able to see them at the same time, let's say I fly between Logan and O'Hare?Thank you for your time.Benoit

Airlines in the RW change their schedules from time to time.The date references on the AI packages relate to the time frame of the RW schedule that is represented in the AI package.All this has nothing to do with FS. AI schedules are built around the "week". So an airline will fly the same route at the same time every week.So to answer your question, no you do not have to match your sim time with any RW reference to see any given AI. You will see XYZ Airlines flying flight nnn at the same time every week regardless of how you set up time/seasons in the sim.Hope this helps,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Hi,Please note that default airports have very few parking spots. You might need to download a modified AFCAD file for those airport(s) from the usual places.Hope this helps,

Hi,Please note that default airports have very few parking spots. You might need to download a modified AFCAD file for those airport(s) from the usual places.Hope this helps,
You people are the greatest. It took me a few years to join this forum because I thought I would sound too dumb. I have been reading avsim for few years already and I am so glad it is back up and running. AFCAD is my next project. Any AFCAD for dummies files I could find on the web? Benoit

Any AFCAD for dummies files I could find on the web? Benoit
The help file within Afcad 2.21 is very easy to read and understand.Always remember to back up any files before editing.Also, Afcad does not change any default files so you can always revert to default by moving any Afcad generated files out of an active scenery folder.Hope this helps,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Hi guys,Years ago I used to download accurate AI flight plans and timetables etc. but still had "dead" addon airports. So in order to have more AI activity at those airports I've deleted most of those "accurate" flight plans and have made my own (via TTools). I've programmed very many relatively short and short turnaround AI flights mostly using local airline AI (repaints), predominantly between my addon airports. In this way the knife invariably cuts on two sides. However, sufficient parking positions at all these airports are a must.Now this may not be as accurate as the real timetables but at least now there are a lot more AI movements at those airports, sometimes even too many.My personal opinion is that I don't really care where the AIs are going to or coming from, but an empty airport or one where the AIs remain static far too long, is lifeless.All my AIs (645 of them and growing) have their own call signs programmed into the Edit Voice system so that the standard (FS9) ATC tower/ground/approach chatter can be heard calling them by name and giving them all kinds of instructions, etc.All in all, a lot more eye and ear candy.Yes, it was all together a lot of work but it was spread out over quite some years. Moreover, since when is work which is related to a hobby regarded as WORK ? LOL.Hans

HansI'll second that. I use the default traffic file with repaints to have real world airlines. Then fill in dead spots with my own traffic. Is it realistic? Wait, it is a sim.I also build my own airports to fly in and out of, also with my own traffic. What a blast. Is it realistic? Wait , it is a sim.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Hi guys,Years ago I used to download accurate AI flight plans and timetables etc. but still had "dead" addon airports. So in order to have more AI activity at those airports I've deleted most of those "accurate" flight plans and have made my own (via TTools). I've programmed very many relatively short and short turnaround AI flights mostly using local airline AI (repaints), predominantly between my addon airports. In this way the knife invariably cuts on two sides. However, sufficient parking positions at all these airports are a must.Now this may not be as accurate as the real timetables but at least now there are a lot more AI movements at those airports, sometimes even too many.My personal opinion is that I don't really care where the AIs are going to or coming from, but an empty airport or one where the AIs remain static far too long, is lifeless.All my AIs (645 of them and growing) have their own call signs programmed into the Edit Voice system so that the standard (FS9) ATC tower/ground/approach chatter can be heard calling them by name and giving them all kinds of instructions, etc.All in all, a lot more eye and ear candy.Yes, it was all together a lot of work but it was spread out over quite some years. Moreover, since when is work which is related to a hobby regarded as WORK ? LOL.Hans
I agree with you completely that an airport with life is like candy. Unfortunately, after downloading tens of packages from WOAI and installing them in Heathrow and Logan, the only aircrafts I see are Orbit, Landmark...If you see what I mean. I don't know if I am flying the wrong VOR but it would seem that I cannot get the "life" or candy that you are enjoying. Do I have to download the individual AI aircraft that are mentioned in the WOAI file in order to see them appear in my airports? Wow! Wouldn't that be a sight...Ahrrrrr....candy (with the voice of Homer)Benoit

Benoit,ALL active aircraft, user or AI, must be present in your FS9 aircraft folder. The non standard AI addon aircrafts do not need sound or panel folders, only a model folder, one or more texture folders (one per different paint), an aircraft.cfg file and an .air file, all within their own specificaly named aircraft folders. All my non standard AI aircraft have their own specific folder names like, e.g. AI Airbus A320-200, and a lot of them have different paints but only if the in this example specifically named "AI Airbus A320-200" aircraft texture folders have exactly the same texture file names within each of them. Any specific aircraft model (.MDL) file can only handle texture file names for which it was specifically programmed. If incorrect texture files are found the aircraft according to the model will appear, but unpainted.Now comes the more difficult part.In my FS9 I use a freeware AI flight planning program called "Traffic Tools" (TTools) which directly de- and recompiles a standard FS9 file named: Traffic030528.bgl, in the Scenery/World/scenery folder. Never directly touch this file or it's contents yourself because it contains your existing AI traffic movements, but in a human non readable form.When you open the TTools program it automatically decompiles the Traffic030528.bgl file and produces three different text (.txt) files named: Aircraft030528.txt Airports030528.txt FlightPlans030528.txtThe Aircraft030528.txt file should contain a consecutively numbered entry for ALL your active AI aircraft, their different paints and their cruise speeds as defined in their aircraft.cfg files.Their titles between the " "s must be EXACTLY the same as their titles as specified in their aircraft.cfg files because these form the direct link between your FS9 and TTools. If there are any errors here the AI aircraft(s) concerned will simply not appear in FS9.The Airports030528.txt file is filled in automatically by an "Airport collection" process which should be performed after opening TTools for the first time.The contents of the FlightPlans030528.txt file looks bewildering at first glance but don't be afraid, it is systematic and logicaly set up. However, for the usage of this file (and the TTools program in general) I must now refer you to the very good and clear instructions that come with the TTools program because it is just too lengthy to explain here. But the most important thing you should realise is that the three above named files are very strongle linked together and the only direct link to the FS9 AI engine itself is via the aircraft titles specified in both the Aircraft030528.txt entries and their Aircraft.cfg files. Any errors in any of these links will cause the AIs concerned to not appear anywhere in your FS9.So Benoit, you have some work ahead of you and I think your specific problem is caused by you somehow having a lot of addon flight plans somewhere but that you do not have the AI aircraft concerned specified in your FS9 aircraft folder. Be informed however, that some scenery developers place their own specific flight plans within their airport sceneries themselves and not in the standard FS9 Traffic030528.bgl file but the FS9 AI engine will accept this without problems ... BUT.... the AI aircraft themselves..... MUST...... be present in the FS9 Aircraft folder.The first thing you should do is to get hold of the TTools program, install it, read the very good instructions and then proceed from there, like I did may years ago. Good luck.Hans

Benoit,ALL active aircraft, user or AI, must be present in your FS9 aircraft folder. The non standard AI addon aircrafts do not need sound or panel folders, only a model folder, one or more texture folders (one per different paint), an aircraft.cfg file and an .air file, all within their own specificaly named aircraft folders. All my non standard AI aircraft have their own specific folder names like, e.g. AI Airbus A320-200, and a lot of them have different paints but only if the in this example specifically named "AI Airbus A320-200" aircraft texture folders have exactly the same texture file names within each of them. Any specific aircraft model (.MDL) file can only handle texture file names for which it was specifically programmed. If incorrect texture files are found the aircraft according to the model will appear, but unpainted.Now comes the more difficult part.In my FS9 I use a freeware AI flight planning program called "Traffic Tools" (TTools) which directly de- and recompiles a standard FS9 file named: Traffic030528.bgl, in the Scenery/World/scenery folder. Never directly touch this file or it's contents yourself because it contains your existing AI traffic movements, but in a human non readable form.When you open the TTools program it automatically decompiles the Traffic030528.bgl file and produces three different text (.txt) files named:Aircraft030528.txtAirports030528.txtFlightPlans030528.txtThe Aircraft030528.txt file should contain a consecutively numbered entry for ALL your active AI aircraft, their different paints and their cruise speeds as defined in their aircraft.cfg files.Their titles between the " "s must be EXACTLY the same as their titles as specified in their aircraft.cfg files because these form the direct link between your FS9 and TTools. If there are any errors here the AI aircraft(s) concerned will simply not appear in FS9.The Airports030528.txt file is filled in automatically by an "Airport collection" process which should be performed after opening TTools for the first time.The contents of the FlightPlans030528.txt file looks bewildering at first glance but don't be afraid, it is systematic and logicaly set up. However, for the usage of this file (and the TTools program in general) I must now refer you to the very good and clear instructions that come with the TTools program because it is just too lengthy to explain here. But the most important thing you should realise is that the three above named files are very strongle linked together and the only direct link to the FS9 AI engine itself is via the aircraft titles specified in both the Aircraft030528.txt entries and their Aircraft.cfg files. Any errors in any of these links will cause the AIs concerned to not appear anywhere in your FS9.So Benoit, you have some work ahead of you and I think your specific problem is caused by you somehow having a lot of addon flight plans somewhere but that you do not have the AI aircraft concerned specified in your FS9 aircraft folder. Be informed however, that some scenery developers place their own specific flight plans within their airport sceneries themselves and not in the standard FS9 Traffic030528.bgl file but the FS9 AI engine will accept this without problems ... BUT.... the AI aircraft themselves..... MUST...... be present in the FS9 Aircraft folder.The first thing you should do is to get hold of the TTools program, install it, read the very good instructions and then proceed from there, like I did may years ago. Good luck.Hans
Thanks Hans. It is during moments like these that I sympathize with my chemistry students when they are slow understanding... I appreciate your patience. Just to confirm what you have said; when I download a package from WOAI, let's say, Air Canada summer 2008, and then I read on the page that the models used are B762, B763..A320-200, A321, I have to go back to AVSIM and download all those AI aircrafts so that I can see them in Toronto. Is that correct? What if I dowloaded a AirBus 320-200 but it is of Syrian Airline, could I just download the repaint?By the way, I just watched a YouTube video on how to use AFCAD... It was great. Do you know if there are more "video" tutorial online?Thanks for your timeBenoit

Benoit,When you install WOAI packages you don't need to downlaod the individual models.WOAI packages have all the needed elements, the aircraft models, the correct repaints and the movements that are made by the specific airline.So no need to get other models and repaints.They are all in the package.In order to install them correctly, follow the instructions on our website http://www.world-of-ai.comMake sure you have your AI traffic turned to 100% in your ai aircraft settings in the settings menu.The folders containing your WOAI aircraft can be found in the FS9/Aircraft/ folderAll WOAI installed aircraft have a similar folder structure:WoA_AIA_B737-400WoA_DJC_A320-200_CFMWoA_MR_A380Check if these folders are present in your FS9/Aircraft directoryThe flightplans are implemented in BGL's that reside in the FS9/Scenery/World/Scenery folder.If they are installed correctly you will find them in there with names as :Traffic_000_WoA_British Airways_Wi09.bglTraffic_000_WoA_Air France_Wi09.bglCheck if these are present in that folder.If you have both elements in place then you should be good to go, provided you have decent afcads installed for the airports the airline flies to and if the AI Traffic slider is set to 100%.For a listing of airlines visiting a specific airport see the airports link on our homepage.Fill in the ICAO of the airport anf it will list the airlines that have that destination in their flightplans.If you need any addtional help, please don't hesitate to let us know so we can assist you. You can subscribe to our forums where we are daily.

Thanks Hans. It is during moments like these that I sympathize with my chemistry students when they are slow understanding... I appreciate your patience. Just to confirm what you have said; when I download a package from WOAI, let's say, Air Canada summer 2008, and then I read on the page that the models used are B762, B763..A320-200, A321, I have to go back to AVSIM and download all those AI aircrafts so that I can see them in Toronto. Is that correct? What if I dowloaded a AirBus 320-200 but it is of Syrian Airline, could I just download the repaint?By the way, I just watched a YouTube video on how to use AFCAD... It was great. Do you know if there are more "video" tutorial online?Thanks for your timeBenoit