Sign in to follow this  
TexasGary

Repaint Request

Wow, that's some great looking pinstriping David. I still haven't yet tried the JS41 kit yet. Still playing around with learning it's systems at the moment. I think my first livery will be a fictional Private Hustler Corporate while I learn the ins and outs of a new kit.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi DavidI agree with Dan, great pin striping, which is not the easiest part of a repaint to do, and as for the rear facing text, I still get that when I forget that on this paintkit you do not have to mirror the right hand side text as you normally have to do with most other repaint kits.It is good feeling when you get your first repaint up and running in the sim, even if like myself, you still have to tweak it later, and welcome aboard it is always good to see another repainter join the ranks.Take care, and I am looking forward to seeing you other creations.Jim Hodkinson

Guest David7700

Dan--the Hustler one sounds great!!! Looking forward to that one.Dan & Jim--thanks for the encouragement and your compliments. I'll post a revised version--I'm only able to work on it every so often. You can see I went with many elements of Dan's 747 tutorial. The pin striping took some time, but I learned a lot about the pen tool.

Guest David7700

Fellas--the paint is done. Can you give any ideas about the tail? Is that the spec file or the alpha layer? Thanks for all the assistance--couldn't have done it without you!

Guest David7700

I think I see the problem--the alpha channels in the spec layers should be different. I used the same ones as in the dds files.

Hi DavidAt first sight it does look like a spec layer issue, but the overall shape of the anomaly is the same as the logo light effect contained in the alpha layer.Did you try copying an alpha layer from an existing repaint, as they are all the basically the same, in fact I use the same one time and time again for all the repaints I have done.Also you may want to check the orientation of the alpha layer by opening the fuselage texture in Dxtbmp, when the fuselage is opened in Dxtbmp the two lighter areas should be to the bottom of the alpha layer.Other than that, if you could upload or attach the fuselage dds file to an E-Mail and send it to me I could have a look, the psd file would be better but that is getting a little on the large side to send as an attachment.My E-Mail address should be in my profile, if not then just let me know and I will PM you with it if you have any problems.And don not worry about it, we have ALL been there before, I know for certain I have anyway.Jim Hodkinson

Check out this ultra sleek private/corporate j41http://www.flyjetstream41.com/
Nice, the video is cool, I never thought they decked out the interior like a luxury lear jet, and the photo gallery even has a pic to help someone with repainting it ;-)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hasn't this been done by PMDG on their site, VH-TPC, or at least it's very similar.

Guest David7700
Nice, the video is cool, I never thought they decked out the interior like a luxury lear jet, and the photo gallery even has a pic to help someone with repainting it ;-)
That is sweet!

Guest David7700
Hi DavidAt first sight it does look like a spec layer issue, but the overall shape of the anomaly is the same as the logo light effect contained in the alpha layer.Did you try copying an alpha layer from an existing repaint, as they are all the basically the same, in fact I use the same one time and time again for all the repaints I have done.Also you may want to check the orientation of the alpha layer by opening the fuselage texture in Dxtbmp, when the fuselage is opened in Dxtbmp the two lighter areas should be to the bottom of the alpha layer.Other than that, if you could upload or attach the fuselage dds file to an E-Mail and send it to me I could have a look, the psd file would be better but that is getting a little on the large side to send as an attachment.My E-Mail address should be in my profile, if not then just let me know and I will PM you with it if you have any problems.And don not worry about it, we have ALL been there before, I know for certain I have anyway.Jim Hodkinson
I fixed it. I had used the same alpha channel for the spec files that I did in the normal dds file (which I did copy from the original stock paint). That "doubled up" the alpha channel and gave that funny shadow. Once I changed the spec alpha channel, it was fine!

Hi Jim.You remember the B1900 repaints that you did for me awhile back? Well.. my computer just recently crashed. I got it back up and running, along with FSX, but I dont have those liveries, and I cont find the post that you made giving me the link to the liveries. So, if it is possible, could you please send me those links? I understand if you cannot. Thanks a bunch! :)Hamoody Nofal

Did you check AVSIM? I would think he uploaded all his work to the library (at least I would hope so) haha.

Dan Prunier