Sign in to follow this  
PhilH

Virtual Memory.. uhhh what?!

No OOM's yet after the 3GB switch and stuff.. short YUL-JFK.However I do get pauses of about 0.4 seconds I would says, this happens mainly when changing views or moving the camera quickly. Also the textures take a longer time to load (I mean I see purple everywhere on the ground for a few settings. I played around with the fs9 cfg so maybe the speed was in there?

Thank you for repeating what I have already written, "research all forums, and sources of info".Mel
I was re-emphasising the point that Microsoft is the expert and should be consulted first. Too many people here appear to prefer to believe any anonymous poster who claims to be an expert.

I was re-emphasising the point that Microsoft is the expert and should be consulted first. Too many people here appear to prefer to believe any anonymous poster who claims to be an expert.
For what it is worth, I do not disagree with your first sentence. The second sentence can be taken several ways so I will not comment on it.Best regards,Mel

Just a heads up.....Forgetting to mow the lawn and telling your wife, "I ran out of Virtual Memory", does not seem to work as an excuse.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Hi again, eee I have an issue.I have been tuning the sim for a a lot of hours now.. nvidia.. nHancer.. the sim's settings.Now, I was flying with the Wilco EJet, and after landing the framerate in spot view was really low.. (6-7 fps). Opening the Hardware tab, setting the filtering to Bilinear instead of Trileanar, made the framerate jump back up to 25. Then I re-opened the hardware tab, re-set everything how it was before I had the fps hit (set the filtering back to tri-) and the framerate stayed at 25.Ok great, but this is annoying . Whenever the framerate dies, chaning a random option and putting it back fixes everything.. why? Is this what they call a "memory leak"? Doesn't only happen in the EJET.Philippe Hewett

Also can anyone explain this..VC Cockpit of the PMDG 747-400, in Fly Tampa Seattle, on pause (dawn) 20 fps, while moving the view around.Same thing, but pause off: 7 FPS. There is no AI traffic, so there shouldn't be much difference between pause and not pause, right? I don't think anything is moving..RegardsPhilippe Hewett

Same thing, but pause off: 7 FPS
VC gauges and their refreshing?

VC gauges and their refreshing?
Maybe? I didn't think it could affect the frame rate that much.EDIT: Just tested. Lowering it to 5 (the lowest) did help a bit, but there is still a pretty considerable difference between paused an un-paused sim, maybe that's just the way it is.