Sign in to follow this  
Guest jtry14

PMDG's Boeing 747-800 first images!

Guest 413X3
Marketing? lolI don't think a 70 dollar flight simulator addon is going to make someone buy a 300 million dollar airplane... :(Not quite sure what kind of marketing there would be with a 747-8 FS model.
for demos, presentations, etc. trying to sell your airplane you want to use any means possible to do it

Guys...this is clearly a PMDG PLANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just look at the two videos where the plane is taxiing around. You will clearly recognize the wheel textures and many other small textures that are straight from the PMDG 744.So accept it and be happy!Leo Calzoni

The model looks payware quality and very well done. It could well be PMDG.I'm pretty certain that there are Boeing engineers/retirees involved in PMDG projects, as their previous products are licensed by Boeing themselves. It won't be hard for them to get some non-confidential insider information. Performance data would be different though.

From that distance you can hardly say anything about the model...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I think the most interesting thing about this video, and this thread - is that PMDG has not commented or deleted it. I have noticed that Ryan is pretty good about commenting or putting things to rest that seem unreasonable, but this thread has been up for almost a week - with absolutely no word.I'm pretty curious about this whole thing...

From that distance you can hardly say anything about the model...
Distance? Watch all the videos and you'll see engine closeups.
I think the most interesting thing about this video, and this thread - is that PMDG has not commented or deleted it. I have noticed that Ryan is pretty good about commenting or putting things to rest that seem unreasonable, but this thread has been up for almost a week - with absolutely no word.I'm pretty curious about this whole thing...
This must be a fake, it makes no sense. Still, it's weird though.

Distance? Watch all the videos and you'll see engine closeups. This must be a fake, it makes no sense. Still, it's weird though.
Weird is the best word to describe this whole thing. I've been using PMDG products since Fly!, and they usually always cut down silly rumors or false accusations pertaining to anything involving their names, or their products. I'm not trying to incite anything - but like I said before, the silence is weird.

Haha its funny when people just don't want to accept something.The profile has a total of 5 videos. The first(oldest) two are real close ups of the plane taxiing by. Just look at the main landing gear door, wheel textures etc.This is a real PMDG plane all the way! What on earth do you mean by fake? Impossible to fake a model to this extent.Look at the registration of the plane...N748PM AND LOOK AT THE FLAGS NEXT TO THE REG. USA,UK,Greece,Germany,Europe.And now look at the PMDG team page. And tell me from where the team comes from??? Oh lemme guess USA,UK,Germany,Greece and the last four just happen to be in the Europe hence the flag.I will laugh at all of you non believers when I have my free copy that PMDG will (i hope) give me when this baby is announced. ! :( I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEW QUEEN!!!!Leo Calzoni

Anyone with good 3D modeling and texturing skills could easily make a model of 747-8, put PMDGs textures on it, export to FSX and make videos on youtube.The latest news from PMDG tells that they are working on two aircraft at the moment, and 747-8 was not one of them. I would surprise if they would be already posting videos of a plane they havent announced. :) I sure hope that this plane will be done by PMDG in the future though.

Anyone with good 3D modeling and texturing skills could easily make a model of 747-8
Easily, I doubt. Some work went into this one.Be interesting if we ever find out what this was about.

Anyone with good 3D modeling and texturing skills could easily make a model of 747-8, put PMDGs textures on it, export to FSX and make videos on youtube.The latest news from PMDG tells that they are working on two aircraft at the moment, and 747-8 was not one of them. I would surprise if they would be already posting videos of a plane they havent announced. :) I sure hope that this plane will be done by PMDG in the future though.
Hate to spoil that party but remember the J41? that plane was also annouced as a secret development but due to aerosoft it has leaked out that's why it wasn't a surprise anymore so you couldt say that pmdg has a hand in making something secret to surprise us all i gues this baby is one of them Johan Ketting

Hi Folks, Go check these out for your self some of the beta shots being taken, released sometime by Christmas!!Thanks!http://www.youtube.com/user/PlaneSpottr
One thing that I noticed after this topic hit a couple pages, was that the original poster has never had any other comment other than his first post. Not to mention the fact that he says "Released sometime by Christmas". Strange how if this were even remotely true that one individual would know this and no one else, and even more strange that he hasn't commented on his source. Am I seriously the only one that see's this as strange? So the way I see it, is maybe it is someone on the inside advertising. Strange for that to be the case since why would they want to ruin their surprise? OR, maybe, quite possibly, it's what I've seen before and just hype to stir up some fun with a well done hoax. So if your still out there mr no name, sir, how about some more info on this. After all your the only one that seems to think or know anything about it.(Another reason I don't think this is inside hype, PMDG employees would still sign their full name :()

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I'm really enjoying this thread even though I believe its just a youtube hoax, but hey let me throw some more fuel on the fire. One thing about PMDG is there not known for sales or reducing the price on a product (which by the way is not a knock at them I think with the amount of work they do the prices are fair) but... Aerosoft boxed version of the 747 reduced to an unbelievable 29.99 D/L version reduced aswell!!! Could it be there cleaning house a little on the Aerosoft side and trying to generate a little bit more money and interest on the 747 D/L side, before the news that a 747-800 will be released. :(

I'm really enjoying this thread even though I believe its just a youtube hoax, but hey let me throw some more fuel on the fire. One thing about PMDG is there not known for sales or reducing the price on a product (which by the way is not a knock at them I think with the amount of work they do the prices are fair) but... Aerosoft boxed version of the 747 reduced to an unbelievable 29.99 D/L version reduced aswell!!! Could it be there cleaning house a little on the Aerosoft side and trying to generate a little bit more money and interest on the 747 D/L side, before the news that a 747-800 will be released. :(
Haha, yeah I find it funny too. One thing though, I'm not sure Aerosoft would do a video like that, at least not using the PMDG name on it. I don't know if that's wise or even legal :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Distance? Watch all the videos and you'll see engine closeups.
You see the engines and all, yes, meaning you can make out the airplane model, but you can't say a lot about the quality of the model. At least, I certainly can't, not from these videos.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case