Sign in to follow this  
Guest jtry14

PMDG's Boeing 747-800 first images!

What was that thread started by Ferd or was it Ponderosa some years ago... I believe it is Ferd who said that Ponderosa told him that PMDG had released a fake video about a product they are going to make but they may think differently after all and change their mind depending on how long that thread will be and whether it will beat the previous record established in the Guiness/AVSIM book of records of reasonably senseless and seriously humoristic contributions (no punctuation please, read in one breath). Robert will/could revisit his options and may/will make a -8 for Christmas if you are diligent enough, to your keyboards guys!Now all bets are opened, how many pages before this topic dies? OK my try: 15!Jean-Claude

Its definitely not it. Look at the videos again, but look really close to the "747 taxiing" video at 0:24 and you will see that with some clever trickery and skill that it is just the textures reapplied. So what are your observations because I found two wrong or missing things there. I bet you all can guess what they are.

Its definitely not it. Look at the videos again, but look really close to the "747 taxiing" video at 0:24 and you will see that with some clever trickery and skill that it is just the textures reapplied. So what are your observations because I found two wrong or missing things there. I bet you all can guess what they are.
I looked and don't see what you are seeing.Taylor

These posts sure are entertaining. Direct quote from Robert's update:"we are preparing to give you a Dash-8 preview here soon just to keep you entertained."Hmm, no indication which Dash-8... It looking like this is some fun on the developers part.

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

These posts sure are entertaining. Direct quote from Robert's update:"we are preparing to give you a Dash-8 preview here soon just to keep you entertained."Hmm, no indication which Dash-8...
LOL Ya. Maybe the videos were the "preview"Taylor

Guest yankeesji
I don't see it either. Can you take a screen shot and point out what you are talking about?

I wonder if he's referring to the rear elevators on the tail,they're hard to make out but they're there.

Guest SkullxBones

Another thing to think about - Youtube is pretty good about removing copyright material without permission, so why hasn't PMDG contacted Youtube about copyright infringement if it's a fake? Jeff P.

I wonder if he's referring to the rear elevators on the tail,they're hard to make out but they're there.
:(

Another thing to think about - Youtube is pretty good about removing copyright material without permission, so why hasn't PMDG contacted Youtube about copyright infringement if it's a fake? Jeff P.
What makes you think we haven't?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I think it would be too much work to contact Youtube about copyright infringement. Maybe that is why?Taylor Oldham

I think it would be too much work to contact Youtube about copyright infringement. Maybe that is why?Taylor Oldham
They're very very slow and nearly impossible to get ahold of also.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest yankeesji

There is a new video up on youtube.Nice curve ball Ryan, if that is your real name. :(

I'm starting to lean towards the fact that this might be a real PMDG project after all. Which is (or would be) the best flight sim news of the year. :) Taking closer look of the models, it surely is not the kind of work that was just done quickly to fool people, and taking into account Mr. Randazzos mysterious "Dash-8 preview", this could really be some 1st class entertainment from PMDG team. Keep the videos coming. ;)If this really is not a PMDG project, I think they would by now make a statement about that, or at least its about time! :D