Sign in to follow this  
pride545

MD11 FMC Woes

The fmc on the MD11 has to be the worst and most complicated that PMDG has come up with yet!!! I disconnected the autopilot and had to shut down FS9 to stop the voice from saying "autopilot" !!

The fmc on the MD11 has to be the worst and most complicated that PMDG has come up with yet!!! I disconnected the autopilot and had to shut down FS9 to stop the voice from saying "autopilot" !!
If you had read the manual and/or used the search function in this forum: The voice is there to warn you that the autopilot is off. Just press the Z again and the voice will silence.I don't see what the FMC has to do with the aural warning?? What do you think of my font? Nice ehh????Wijnand

Hehe, yeah it is. I am already a smoker so just need the bacon. Popcorn anyone?

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Seriously :( ? Don't blame your incompetence on the manufacturer. The fmc, and the md-11 as a whole by PMDG is one of the absolute best simulations, is very trouble free, and highly accurate.

Hehe, yeah it is. I am already a smoker so just need the bacon. Popcorn anyone?
Hey Dan, what is that sticking out your mouth on your photo?You always remind me of David Coulthard, the ex F1 driver!Regards,Pete Smith, UK

Hey Dan, what is that sticking out your mouth on your photo?You always remind me of David Coulthard, the ex F1 driver!Regards,Pete Smith, UK
Haha, actually I was at the park with my girlfriend and eating a turkey sandwhich, the turkey meat came out of the sandwhich, flopping on my face. My gf said it looked like a tongue so I left it there for a bit, she then snapped the photo. Ahhh, memories of meat...

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest sierra5913

I actually find the MD-11 FMC more to my liking than any of the Boeing products.Flight plan creation is a breeze.- Jason.

A fellow vegetarian. We will rule the world one day! That bacon is tempting though :(
Very on-topic indeed!Sigmar Stadlmeier

Having flown aircraft from different developers such as Capsim,Wilco,FeelThere,First Class,etc,by far I have found the best FMCs to emanate from the PMDG stable.I strongly disagree about the MD-11 FMC being the worst.Complicated yes,which is why it took well over 3 years to reach our desktops,because it is so realistic.Even starting from the 737NG PMDG product,I will give them credit for making realistic FMCs which makes flight simulation both a challenge and a joy to use.I for one could never envisage using an aircraft without the joy of setting up an FMC