Sign in to follow this  
davidzill

Cockpit bezel lines

Guest abulaafia

its great to hear this is getting fixed, I've had the problem from day one ;) still enjoy the A/c immensly

I am getting this as well. I didn't notice it until now, but looking back at screenshots i've taken of it from a while back the lines are present. I think everyone has it - the lines are even visible in the screenshots on PMDG's product page - it's just down to whether you're looking for them or not. It's one of those things - it's only after a couple of flights when you notice it and it starts to get on your nerves from then on!Regards,Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Guest johnan

I agree entirely with Tom's comment and would be absolutely delighted if somehow a fix could be found for this very distracting problem.The work done in producing such a great simulation of the aircraft is spoiled by this annoyance.I am using an ATI graphics card by the way (HD5870), so it is not just affecting NVIDIA users.John Anderson

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I just thought I would mention my findings. Like many I get the bezel lines. However, with a bit of fiddling around, I found that on my machine turning "Antialiasing - Gamma Correction" to Off in the nvidia control panel substantially reduces the problem. Specifically, with AA Gamma Correction on, the bezel lines are bright white and very distracting. With AA Gamma Correction turned off, the lines become grayish which makes them much less noticeable. For me at least, it takes the problem from a major problem to a minor niggle. Just thought I would pass the info along in case anyone else finds it helpful.

Thanks for sharing! Will try that.

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I just thought I would mention my findings. Like many I get the bezel lines. However, with a bit of fiddling around, I found that on my machine turning "Antialiasing - Gamma Correction" to Off in the nvidia control panel substantially reduces the problem. Specifically, with AA Gamma Correction on, the bezel lines are bright white and very distracting. With AA Gamma Correction turned off, the lines become grayish which makes them much less noticeable. For me at least, it takes the problem from a major problem to a minor niggle. Just thought I would pass the info along in case anyone else finds it helpful.
Interesting find. I know according to NickN's FSX integration guide, this 'gamma' box is supposed to be checked in nHancer as well. I'll check out this tweeak the next time I fire-up the JS41, but I wonder what other side-effects it while have, such as other night lighting for example.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

If it looks better with Gamma correction off then leave it off, Nick doesn't know everything. That feature is purely visual anyway, it doesn't affect performance, so it's all up to what you think looks better.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

It think it's a bit better although the lines are still there, but not as prominent as before.

I just bought the jetstream but i have the same problem. Light flickering bezel lines. It is pretty disturbing when the airplane moves.When can we expect a fix?

Kimo

Don't know if this has been mentioned...but would the High Detail/Normal Detail VC Display's option maybe cause this.

Yeah, the normal detail VC is walkaround for this issue or you can run FSX in windowed mode. When we can expect fix? Service pack is promised after the NGX release... Some of us are waiting veeery long now ;)

Don't know if this has been mentioned...but would the High Detail/Normal Detail VC Display's option maybe cause this.
I tried the normal vc display and windowed but it didn't make a difference.

Kimo

When we can expect fix? Service pack is promised after the NGX release...
Haven't you just answered your own question?

Actually I was answering Kimo's question...

Actually I was answering Kimo's question...
Ah I see, a clever use of grammatical structuring so as to confuse the reader as to an assumed or unassumed implication of the unmentioned reasons behind the sentences definition of an answer.Or to put it another way...I understand now, sorry :(