Sign in to follow this  
Virtualwombat

Sim Giants Announce Flight Simulator Under Development

I would like to see a focused area flight simulator in which the developer concentrates quality into a smaller area and not leave out major landmarks, bridges, and accurate landforms.

Keith Guillory

What about a Post-MSFS era?
Who said Microsoft was done making Flight Simulators?Certainly not Microsoft: "We will continue to produce, sell, and support the latest version of Flight Simulator as we plan for future versions of the franchise."I dunno ... sounds like they're planning for future versions of Flight Simulator.

In my opinion if your going to create a Flight Simulator your going to have to win the hearts and minds of the 3rd party developers and then you will have a customer base. The reason MSFS is so popular is because of the 3rd party. There is nothing that special about fsx, I don't use default textures, default planes, default weather, default flight planner or default ATC, but what the 3rd party has done with both fsx and fs9 is amazing, this or any new simulator has to offer something very special to these developers to get them out of there MSFS comfort zone and risk development on a new platform.

Wow, support for the iPhone. I'm sure this will be perhaps the most realistic FS EVER. :( Cheers, SLuggy

Wow, support for the iPhone. I'm sure this will be perhaps the most realistic FS EVER. :( Cheers, SLuggy
Actually-there is a program for the iphone I use-skycharts-which has all vfr/ifr/tac sectionals georeferenced with live metars. Xplane interfaces with it now-making a great moving map display. I'll take support for the iphone any day on any platform! :(