Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

MD11 Bugs

That isn't true Chris - we've intended to do a final SP for it for a while now, it's just a matter of getting the time to do it and getting certain team members to commit to doing it. I will ask about it again probably after the NGX release. It isn't like any of this stuff makes the plane unflyable, but I would like to see it fixed myself too.
Thanks Ryan,Gives me some hope that in the distant future there might be a (final) update to this already wonderfull simulated bird.Feel free to ask what can be included then. Have vented some items before in this forum.If time is ripe and resourses become avail, feel free to ask for what is missing or should be slightly different.Have only flown the the real bird for 11 years, but think I can be of some value.Regards,Harry

Harry, you have provided a lot of good support and information. I am sure it would help if you would sign with full name.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest thepilotny1
Thanks Ryan,Gives me some hope that in the distant future there might be a (final) update to this already wonderfull simulated bird.Feel free to ask what can be included then. Have vented some items before in this forum.If time is ripe and resourses become avail, feel free to ask for what is missing or should be slightly different.Have only flown the the real bird for 11 years, but think I can be of some value.Regards,Harry
Have vented some items before in this forum,where?? I would like to colaborate too, Harry. :( Regards Juan Herrera

Hi, here is an another bug: AT OR BELOW altitude constraints are always treated as AT constraints. Jan-Paul

Not always, they work perfectly on the KLAX STARs such as CIVIT.Jan-Paul, please provide an example.

Dan Downs KCRP

Aircraft never runs out of fuel when left on the ground with APU running (I left the sim running for 4 days by accident with only 5000 pounds in the tank
For some reason I thought I had drained a bird using the APU. Maybe it was the 744. I know I've seen the gauges drop with use from the APU. I can't say I've paid a whole lot of attention to it. The other theme on this thread is really interesting, the fact that it wasn't "a big seller". What a shame. I'll admit to having a bit of concern as to what I was going to use a mid-sized heavy for and what use would it be studying a fairly poor seller IRL. But, what a fun piece of software. I actually fly it way more than the 744. Maybe it isn't as sexy as the Boeing and Airbus releases out there, but if people aren't buying it because its essentially an orphan at this point, then they are missing out.

The Apu fuel usage works on the 744 it shuts down when it runs out fuel and the aircraft loses power. Wth the MD11 the Apu stops using fuel if the amount drops to a certain level and it will keep running.

Rob Prest

Not always, they work perfectly on the KLAX STARs such as CIVIT.Jan-Paul, please provide an example.
Just enter /- XYZ to a waypoint of your choice for testing, the A/C will always switch to alt hold until the waypoint is passed before it continues the descend. the AT or ABOVE ones work flawlessly. On your CIVIT Arrival those where mostly BETWEEN constraints. Jan-Paul

I understand your comment now... there is an AT OR BELOW on PAWLING arrival to JFK that I think was working as expected and yeah, CIVIT are brackets. I never tried to enter a conditional altitude constraint in the FMS. Could it be that the constraint is where the FMS would prefer to be rather than lower? Probably not, could be a bug. Pretty sure PAWLING at PETER B17000 works.

Dan Downs KCRP

This idea that is being repeated that the MD-11 was not a big seller is very misleading. What PMDG actually said, and what I think is being mis-quoted, is the MD-11 for FS9 was not profitable and that the FSX only JS41 out sold the FS9 version of MD11 by a big margin.

This idea that is being repeated that the MD-11 was not a big seller is very misleading. What PMDG actually said, and what I think is being mis-quoted, is the MD-11 for FS9 was not profitable and that the FSX only JS41 out sold the FS9 version of MD11 by a big margin.
Well, I have my theories on that, but that isn't what this topic is about. Remember the MD-11 for FSX came out first, then make your assessment.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

md-11 i just love this aircraft,stopped flying the 744,long back,pity if they have not sold many,its a real loss for simmers.vivek

Guest Antonio_Damiao
Hey guys, we cannot forget one thing here: - The MD-11 is way too much expensive! (I

Hey guys, we cannot forget one thing here: - The MD-11 is way too much expensive! (I

Rob Prest

My FS9 version loses control when changing views. :( It's happened 3 times so far. I am currently flying the advanced Tutorial with flight 'saves'.

Dave Taylor gb.png