Sign in to follow this  
Guest hmstiger

Orbx PNW servers a disaster

19 minutese would be great. I'm now over 5 hours with a very fast cable connection. Anybody else showing 19 minutes?
19 minutes for 4.2GB?Maybe, but my neighbour has a BMW SUV and I have a 2001 Subaru. All things are not equal even if we wish them to be so. 19 minutes is top end. I think very few will be that lucky. I don't mind a few hours as long as it doesn't get silly. But again, this thing has been on the market for a heartbeat. Give it time to breathe.

So suggestion: Wait 10-15 minutes then try again.And those people downloading it in less than 30 minutes - gee, I wish I had their internet connection :(
Pausing and then un-pausing will often cause the ip window to open wider, and will often cause/find a different route across the internet. My #%@## are all tongue-in-cheek, John. You have the greatest products, and I have every confidence that tomorrow morning - I, along with (hopefully?) thousands of others, will be enjoying the PNW in the favourite aeroplane! Congratulations on the release,and Many Thanks!Best Wishes,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

No worries Paul, tongue in cheek is cool.19 minutes would be a dream come true, but for me 256k/sec is fantastic, not a disaster, LOL.It will sort itself out, it always does. Thanks for being patient everyone :)

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

Everyone with a failed download or the likes coming from the CDN, please try to reenage your download because the file has just been loaded into an additional 112 nodes and allowed a bigger cache to cope for the pressure.

Getting a steady 200 - 300 now, but Canada just won 3-2 against Slovakia so the boss says we have to go to bed, uh, ... to celebrate....... :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Im only able to download about 500K worth and it disconects me. happened 6 times now. Now i get "502 bad gateway". I guess Ill wait till next week to download it. Im already down to 80 tries left out of my alloted 100. Servers dont seem to be able to handel the frenzy.Looks like great scenery though.Rob

Anyone with a bad download.. more links to follow and contact FSS by ticket please :) Well sort it !

Anyone with a bad download.. more links to follow and contact FSS by ticket please :) Well sort it !
Well it's now 08:15 here in Canada, and I've just got up to see another failed download, after another 2.7gig part file. I restarted that third attempt around 2.00 am,The rate on the new download is now less than 60 kb/s.Where do we go to create a ticket, JayKay? Thanks..

Well it's now 08:15 here in Canada, and I've just got up to see another failed download, after another 2.7gig part file.The rate on the new download is 84 kb/s.Where do we go to create a ticket, JayCee? Thanks..
PJ, go to the flight sim store home and there should be an option to open a support ticket there.

Thanks, Bob. I just loaded "FlashGet3" the download manager, and it's now pulling between 200 and 300 again, so I'll be patient . It's a roller coaster, isn't it. It's like waiting for Christmas morning only to discover you're looking at the wrong page in the calender!

I was getting 415kb/s last night only to find a failed download this morning. Now i can't get above 10-25kb/s. Waiting to hear from my support ticket.Can't wait for this one :)

Harv.png?dl=1

Yep, to anyone who's been struggling with it, I had a bad time downloading overnight too. Tried it again this morning, and it really zinged. Got the whole package in about an hour. So the pipe seems to have opened significantly now.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Yep, to anyone who's been struggling with it, I had a bad time downloading overnight too. Tried it again this morning, and it really zinged. Got the whole package in about an hour. So the pipe seems to have opened significantly now.
I'm zinging along at 30k :( Think I'll try again or give it a day or two! Shame to have to wait even after a pre-pay!Edit* Thanks for the heads up Bill I quit my previous download attempt and reconnected and your right looks like they got the kink out of the hose pulling a steady 1.8mb now 33minutesvs 1 day and 8+hours

RE Thomason Jr.