Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

Your favourite route under about 90 minutes?

Guest cliffie1931
My favorite (non-FMS SID/STAR) is KDEN-KASE.Flying procedures then, I would have to pick KLAX-KLAS. You've got the LOOP DP, ocean, city, moutains and desert and Bolder Dam all in one short flight. Do it with FSDT KLAS and all that is missing is a good FSX KLAX scenery.
Hi there Dan.I'm trying to understand how to fly your suggested route of KDEN to KASE. According to the Flight Plan produced by "VRoute" I should be at DBL at 10,500 ft. Fine. No problem.However as you'll see from the attachment following the Plan thereafter seems like certain suicide.How do you manage that approach? I must agree with you though. This is a spectacular route.Cliff Harris

Wow there... don't try this in a 747! This is a good trip for the JS41, I'm not sure the 737 could even get in there.Be sure to look at the approach plate for this approach, it is a challange!

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest cliffie1931
Wow there... don't try this in a 747! This is a good trip for the JS41, I'm not sure the 737 could even get in there.Be sure to look at the approach plate for this approach, it is a challange!
Hah! Now I feel better Dan............I thought you'd found some way to get there in "The Queen" and, short of having a death wish, I couldn't see how to emulate you.I'd often used Aspen Pitkin in the Marchetti but...................Regards..................Cliff

The problem with all those US routes is that they expect vector approaches. Try European (or most non-US) airports and you will get STARs to guide you right onto the threshold.

Paul, or you could use my US Collection of sidstars. All arrivals are connected to all ILS approaches, departures are "connected" too.

Dan Downs KCRP

Here's mine:TNCA-TNCMEGNT-EHAMEGCC-EHAMAREA51-TONOPAH TEST RANGETNCM-TNCCMKJP-TNCAEGLL-EGNT

I just ran in to this thread, it's awesome. :( They should make a separate topic on the avsim forum for short flights for different airplanes.I often look for short flight when I have limited time, and at some point you just run out of ideas. And doing the same flight over and over again gets kind of booring, even with diferent weather setings.Currently I enjoy EHLE - EHVB(VOR) - EHRD. I use Aerosofts EHLE X and Rotterdam X. It takes you over Amsterdam (EHAM) and as soon as Aerosoft brings out it's Amsterdam X scenery, this will be a great flight. In FS2004 I use the freeware NL2000 scenery of the Netherlands, and it is great to make it a low level flight.With the big birds, it is fun to make short trips from EHAM over the border to Belgium or Germany.Keep them short flights comming as I am putting all flights listed here in an ecxel sheet, making it easy to make a choice and add details as I fly them.Manfred

A day without laughter, is a day without living.

Guest 413X3

I like some Cargolux short hops in the US, mainly because there is fsx scenery available for these airports. hops between KATL, KORD, and KJFK.On the west coast, using addon scenery KSJC-KLAS

Paul, or you could use my US Collection of sidstars. All arrivals are connected to all ILS approaches, departures are "connected" too.
Could you expand some more on this? I'm not sure I know what your collection of SIDSTARS involve. As a blanket statement, you may be able to "connect" SIDs and STARs in the USA with their ILS and/or departure transition, but it's not FAA legal to do so at MANY airports. Is this a collection of those airports where you can do this or is just a short cut to connect the pieces with in flight simulator even if the FAA says that's not legal?

Eric Szczesniak

Under 90 minutes? KLAS - KJFK. Of course, I'd advise using the Concorde to push Mach 2.02 if you want to have an on-time arrival. :( Now, if we're talking PMDG aircraft, my favorite route is most definitely VIDP - VQPR (Route - LLK G598 SMR G336 KTM G348 PRO)If you like a challenge try this route. According to Travel and Leisure, only 8 real world pilots in the world are certified to land there. Great for the 737.Ken Smith

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Guest cliffie1931
I just ran in to this thread, it's awesome. :( They should make a separate topic on the avsim forum for short flights for different airplanes.I often look for short flight when I have limited time, and at some point you just run out of ideas. And doing the same flight over and over again gets kind of booring, even with diferent weather setings.Currently I enjoy EHLE - EHVB(VOR) - EHRD. I use Aerosofts EHLE X and Rotterdam X. It takes you over Amsterdam (EHAM) and as soon as Aerosoft brings out it's Amsterdam X scenery, this will be a great flight. In FS2004 I use the freeware NL2000 scenery of the Netherlands, and it is great to make it a low level flight.With the big birds, it is fun to make short trips from EHAM over the border to Belgium or Germany.Keep them short flights comming as I am putting all flights listed here in an ecxel sheet, making it easy to make a choice and add details as I fly them.Manfred
A great idea Mamfred. Would you consider letting us have access to this information?Cliff

Guest cliffie1931
Some long while back you pointed me to your collection of SID STARS Dan.Unfortunately, and embarrasingly, I didn't understand how to use the information.Do you have a tutorial that would take me, and perhaps others, by the hand to make it possible for me to use the results of your time and hard work?

Since I got the J41 the other day I have been flying a lot more short routes than I fly with faster a/c.Some favs for me are:Brasil: SBSP (Congonhas, Sao Paulo) to SBRJ (Santos Dumont, Rio) or the reverse.Switzerland: Geneva to Zurich, either way.Austria: Innsbruck to Salzburg or Vienna, or any combo of those 3 airportsUS: KFLL/KMIA to KMCO, KTPA to KMIA/KFLL, KORD to KJFX, KJFK to KBOS, KLAS to KLAX/KONT, KTUS to KPHP, KDAL/KDFW to KSAT, KSEA to KPDX, KDEN to KASE, any direct for all.Caribbean: TNCM to TFFR/TFFJRegards,Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest 413X3
Some long while back you pointed me to your collection of SID STARS Dan.Unfortunately, and embarrasingly, I didn't understand how to use the information.Do you have a tutorial that would take me, and perhaps others, by the hand to make it possible for me to use the results of your time and hard work?
All you do is copy all the text files into your mainfsdirectory\pmdg\sidstars and overwrite the old ones.You also might want to update the entire nav database by purchasing the navigraph.com fmc update. It runs in an autoinstaller on its own.