Sign in to follow this  

Made a flight from Amsterdam to Stockholm tonight.Charts shows northerly winds all the way up.2902.jpgBut ASE gives me southerly winds most of the time. :( Stations: EDWY,EDXW,EKEB,EKBI,EKKM,ESGR,ESIA. The winds are 180

What might happen? I will take a look at the stations today.I think it is not a problem with ASE. That works according to the station data fine.

Ok, switched through the stations and all the stations with the wrong data have the metar remark "advanced interpolation".How to avoid these stations?

Ok, just making a flight with DWC off. This is even worst.Wind is jumping from north to south and my aircraft stalls or overspeeds. (FSUIPC smoothing off)

It sems that we have the same problem. I opened a topic on Hifisim forum for that.Today (april 11 morning) in Poland we have north winds and ASE shows correct metars for stations that have them published. But all interpolated stations in region have winds from south-south-east. Makes flying impossible, as I observe crazy changes of wind while airborne.DWC or fsuipc settings doesn't make real difference. Winds for interpolated stations are wrong.I have polish Win7 with polish regional settings. I tried to change them to US with "." as decimal separator, but it didn't help.Pawel Dragan,Poland, Gdansk.

Pawel Dragan

Poland, Gdansk

Hi,When you turned off DWC, did the winds show up correctly?

No, the winds in FSX were still wrong and with big shifts.In the ASE windows nothing changed.

Creppel,Please turn DWC back On.Also, when a station is being reported as Interpolated, use the Interpolation Details Icon on the Report screen to see the 4 data points that are being used to generate the data for that particular station. If you could report those also, that would help.

Oh, never pushed that button. :( That is interesting. Checked EKKM. That is Denmark and wind is still very wrong.Interpolation details: NE Dist 378 DXXX, SE Dist 527 FOOG, SW Dist 985 FHAW, NW Dist 335 DGAAThese stations are very far away. :( ESGR has the same details...

Guest nemo06
Oh, never pushed that button. :( That is interesting. Checked EKKM. That is Denmark and wind is still very wrong.Interpolation details: NE Dist 378 DXXX, SE Dist 527 FOOG, SW Dist 985 FHAW, NW Dist 335 DGAAThese stations are very far away. :( ESGR has the same details...
To disable interpolation, set "no data cloud generation" to 0%.

Chris,Those stations may be far away, but those are the closest stations with valid data in each of the 4 directions.FYI, Interpolation cannot be turned off, no matter what options you have On or Off. That slider has to do with cloud generation and not interpolation. It is programmed directly into ASE.

Chris,Those stations may be far away, but those are the closest stations with valid data in each of the 4 directions.
Are you sure? What is valid data? A station in Africa is too far away. EKCH,ESGG provide fine data and are just around the corner.

Guest nemo06
Chris,Those stations may be far away, but those are the closest stations with valid data in each of the 4 directions.FYI, Interpolation cannot be turned off, no matter what options you have On or Off. That slider has to do with cloud generation and not interpolation. It is programmed directly into ASE.

No Jim,you test the same flight, with "no data cloud ......" enabled or 0%.In the first case, you have the interpolation in the second case no.