Sign in to follow this  
tnorton776

JS41 passenger cabin makes me feel robbed

I dont understand why the interrior cabin is lacking in quality so badly. It is utterly disgustting graphically. Utter blaspheme to be a part of the rest of the plane! How can the same addon contain one of the finest VC cockpits in the history of Microsoft Flight simulator... and then have the gall to include an interior cabin view but have it look like a garbage dump of some of the crappiest textures ive ever seen? Whenever I change my view to inside the cabin I feel like PMDG robbed me of 50 dollars. As a paying customer and one who stands up for how I spend my money I would like an answer from PMDG Simulations as to why the cabin interrior is lacking in quality SO Utterly, and if anything is being done in a future patch to correct this farce. Tom Norton

The simple answer to your question is: Flight Simulator is designed to allow you to 'fly' the aircraft. It is not a passenger simulator. Should there have been a full, hi res virtual cabin included I'm sure the frames would be utterly apalling and you would be even more digusted at the performance of the aircraft. :(

I dont understand why the interrior cabin is lacking in quality so badly. It is utterly disgustting graphically. Utter blaspheme to be a part of the rest of the plane! How can the same addon contain one of the finest VC cockpits in the history of Microsoft Flight simulator... and then have the gall to include an interior cabin view but have it look like a garbage dump of some of the crappiest textures ive ever seen? Whenever I change my view to inside the cabin I feel like PMDG robbed me of 50 dollars. As a paying customer and one who stands up for how I spend my money I would like an answer from PMDG Simulations as to why the cabin interrior is lacking in quality SO Utterly, and if anything is being done in a future patch to correct this farce. Tom Norton
I read about this some time ago in another forum, someone said the reasoning behind it was to keep cost down and to free up framerates since the VC is so framerate intensive.

Well, I want my peanuts and cheese crackers in the cabin too! I want the next patch to fix this obvious slam to take my money and not provide a full cabin simulation in return.

Dan Downs KCRP

The JS41 doesn't have an interior cabin, what you see is the exterior textures. I don't think PMDG does interior cabins anymore, because of the detailed VC, it would bring the FPS to its knees.

Stian Beinset

ENML

I don't understand why you would feel robbed - you were not promised a fully modeled cabin when you made your purchase. Try to get over it, this is one of the finest FSX aircraft available.Having said that, I don't know why PMDG chose to include camera views titled "Cabin" and "Cabin 2" when the cabin textures are clearly meant to be viewed from the outside only. A much more important point that PMDG must address in a patch ASAP is the complete lack of female pax. This aircraft needs at least one Heidi.

Guest spools
I don't understand why you would feel robbed - you were not promised a fully modeled cabin when you made your purchase. Try to get over it, this is one of the finest FSX aircraft available.Having said that, I don't know why PMDG chose to include camera views titled "Cabin" and "Cabin 2" when the cabin textures are clearly meant to be viewed from the outside only. A much more important point that PMDG must address in a patch ASAP is the complete lack of female pax. This aircraft needs at least one Heidi.
Yeah.......a blonde with huge jugs. At least there's something worth looking in the cabin area for!! :-)Not sure about most here, but if I buy a flight simulator I want to fly.For those interested I'm writing a new FSX addon, Passenger Simulator. For added realism you can load a suitcase full of clothes and load it in the boot of your car.

Yeah.......a blonde with huge jugs. At least there's something worth looking in the cabin area for!! :-)Not sure about most here, but if I buy a flight simulator I want to fly.For those interested I'm writing a new FSX addon, Passenger Simulator. For added realism you can load a suitcase full of clothes and load it in the boot of your car.
Keep me posted on that one! :(

Yeah.......a blonde with huge jugs. At least there's something worth looking in the cabin area for!! :-)
I have a solution that works well for me, though I know it may be outside the realm of possibility for some members of this forum: I have an *actual* (unsimulated) blonde. She comes in shortly before my flights and sit in a chair a few feet behind me. During the flight, she reads a book and occasionally looks out the window, JUST LIKE SHE'S ON A REAL FLIGHT. A few minutes after takeoff, I have another woman bring her a half a can of Coke in a plastic cup and a tiny bag of nuts. After the flight, I stand next to my office chair as she leaves, thank her for sitting behind me, and invite her back next time she wants to read and look out the window.I find that this approach is very realistic, and significantly enhances the flight simulator experience for me. It's amazing!

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

The J41 does not come with a virtual cabin. As for being a paying customer, thank you for paying (as a customer, that is).The textures you are seeing that you are disapointed with are small textures meant to be viewed from outside the airplane. Because of the constant demands from our other (paying) customers for wing views, we placed cameras in the interior of the external model for a window-like view of the wings, which of course brings the horror of low resolution hell front and center as soon as you pan the camera.We could build a cabin and load it up with high poly objects and high resolution bitmaps, but then another customers would come here screaming about how their video cards are being overly taxed, and performance is horrible, and why can't this airplane be for FS9 or FS2002, and why oh why did we make the horrible decisions we've made to rob our (paying) customers of their hard earned money. OH THE HUMANITY!!!! Why doesn't my computer really fly? For the love of everything good and holy, make my chair soar!

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Most important: can someone tell me what Beavis and Butthead say when you try to open the cockpit door?
I don't think they're saying anything specific. Just a wee bit o' banter, eh!
Why doesn't my computer really fly? For the love of everything good and holy, make my chair soar!
I think PMDG could do this if they tried hard enough :(.

I have a solution that works well for me, though I know it may be outside the realm of possibility for some members of this forum: I have an *actual* (unsimulated) blonde. She comes in shortly before my flights and sit in a chair a few feet behind me. During the flight, she reads a book and occasionally looks out the window, JUST LIKE SHE'S ON A REAL FLIGHT. A few minutes after takeoff, I have another woman bring her a half a can of Coke in a plastic cup and a tiny bag of nuts. After the flight, I stand next to my office chair as she leaves, thank her for sitting behind me, and invite her back next time she wants to read and look out the window.I find that this approach is very realistic, and significantly enhances the flight simulator experience for me. It's amazing!
:( Had me cracking up...well done sir!

Most important: can someone tell me what Beavis and Butthead say when you try to open the cockpit door?
Probably something to the effect of, "I am the great cornholio! I need TP for my bunghole!" ..."Are you threatening me?"

Guest 737Ladypilot