Sign in to follow this  
bojote

FSX vSync FIX

In [GRAPHICS] (not DISPLAY) add this:ForceFullScreenVSync=1And yes, its 1, not 'True'and set your driver to let the application manage vsync. just tested now with my nVidia card, and I can confirm it works. Can an ATI user test? I tested also in my laptop which uses a crappy intel card and it also worked... so either I'm completely dilusional or this is one of those 'miracle tweaks' (for ATI users) test and report.
Is FORCEVSYNC (windowed mode) the same in that you need to use the numeric value '1'?

*******,Does this mean that you would recommend an ATI 5870 over the gtx 480?The 480s are scarce right now.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

nVidia user here, and I am happy to report that this allowed me to retain VSync in full screen mode while on VATSIM w/FSInn 1.3. Now if I can figure out how to retain my antialiasing in full screen (AA remains when in windowed mode) while on VATSIM, I will be set.

Guest Longyear

Shane,Had similar problem in the past - if you can live without the VATSIM GUI screen, you will get your AA back.So if you go into the Squawkbox options and remove the GUI screen, your AA will come back. You can then still make frequency changes using the FS radios.Not ideal but it does fix the 'loss of AA' problem. Or at least it did for me!

Shane,Had similar problem in the past - if you can live without the VATSIM GUI screen, you will get your AA back.So if you go into the Squawkbox options and remove the GUI screen, your AA will come back. You can then still make frequency changes using the FS radios.Not ideal but it does fix the 'loss of AA' problem. Or at least it did for me!
I am using FSInn 1.3 with VATSIM, but I would consider SB if it fixes this issue. Do you have to turn the GUI on and off to view ATC frequencies in the area?

*******,Does this mean that you would recommend an ATI 5870 over the gtx 480?The 480s are scarce right now.
Well - I'm not *******/Hay-soose (maybe one of his disciples) - but he has totally fixed my vSync issue! I purchased the 5870 because the 480 wasn't released yet, and I HAD to have a top-end video card. I ran ATI up until maybe two-three years ago, and then switched to nVidia. I thought I had made a mistake (and had to swallow it) - until today, and found ******* had fixed this problem.The 5870 kicks some serious butt in 80% of all other games, particularly when used in tandem with another one - and now I would say it's certainly as good as, maybe better than the 470, and it could be the equal of the 480. Knowing what I've learned over the last five weeks - with this fix - I would have no hesitation in choosing the ASUS EAH5870 again. Fully overclockable.Many, many thanks, *******!! You DA MAN!!! :( :( DA##!! I'm so happy!!! :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest AvioPyric

My solution that let your wife imagin that you are captain and she is flight attendance .when she walk to you . please say " you are my most beautiful crew " ( cross finger if need )just try.

Amigo, you are a genious!But please, stop the tweaks, we receive tons of emails from desperate wives that want to sue us for damages in their couple!!

ATI Tray Tools breaks FSLimiter so I don't use it. I had to remove AffinityMask for too much tearing.Applied your other fixes and my NYC FPS=27 (17 before).Applied your Vsynch fix and my FPS=30 (locked). The ripple bar I had on external view, panning or decending, is gone. There was no more tearing so I re-applied AffinityMask=14 and still no tearing.I think I have found a setting I can stick with and just fly!Great Job and Thanks againDaveIntel Core I7 975 Quadcore OC @ 3.6GhzAsus P6T DLX V2 X58 1366, BD Combo Plextor B310SA6GB (3x2GB) Corsair Dominator DDR3 1866C7GTHIS ATI 4890 1GB, Samsung 24", Saitek X-52 ProLogitech Z680 5.1 Speakers, G15 Keyboard, G5 MouseThermaltake Element S Case, Corsair 850HX PSUC: Intel 80GB SSD w/Windows 7 Home 64D: WD 300GB Velocity Raptor w/FSX+Accel+GEX, F4AFE: WD 1TB Caviar Black w/Data SH4

Is FORCEVSYNC (windowed mode) the same in that you need to use the numeric value '1'?
I tried that but unfortunately that doesn't work... I still get terrible tearing in windowed mode with my GTX285.But this is a very interesting tweak, because it makes buying a HD5870 a possibility...! I've been looking at the GTX480, but it's got too many disadvantages. I didn't want an ATI because of the Vsync problem. But that's solved now...!

*******, all ATI users are grateful... all your tweaks it might be an idea to actually make a guide in the form of a PDF or something in the likes of ?

*******:Another brilliant breakthrough! I have a 4870X2 running Win7 64 bit. Your fix has finally enabled vsync through ATI Catalyst Control Center (note that the vsync setting in CCC must be set to "always on" or "on, unless application specifies"; "off, unless application specifies" will not work). Previously, I had to force vsync through ATI Tray Tools or D3DOverrider. However, this caused severe flashing whenever an overlay message (ATIS, "exit opening", "REX weather loading", etc.) appeared. This in turn forced me to use DX10, which has its own drawbacks.I hope you realize the significance of your latest breakthrough--in addition to merely enabling vsync for ATI users (no small feat), you have finally solved the ATI flashing messages problem for ATI users who had no choice but to force vsync externally! In other words, you have finally made ATI GPUs fully usable in FSX under Windows 7!!! Not only does the FSX community (especially us ATI users) owe you a tremendous debt of gratitude, but AMD (ATI) should have to pay you royalties for getting their hardware to work! I will be sure to post this in their forums.With sincere thanks,Major V

Guest rdg

*******,Wow, great find! I am not sure how you find and extract this stuff from FSX/ESP but this will certainly help alot of simmers.ThanksBob

I think this one man - ******* - has replaced the whole ACES Team! FSX is not dead! :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

There was a fella called ******* around and about a couple of thousand years ago who did pretty miraculous things.You're not the same chap are you?Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

You're not the same chap are you?
No he isn't. Just look at his photo. He is a nice guy from Caracas, Venezuela. :(

Best regards from RelaxX