Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hipper

Your Flight Sim Chair

Guest Hipper

What type of chair do you use when flying flight sim?I use a typical swivel office chair on casters which of course is most suitable for general PC work but less then perfect for flight sim.The options seem to be a dedicated gaming chair with bits stuck on (not for me), some sort of office chair on legs (I've not seen these) or perhaps a high backed dining chair. I saw these on my internet travels:http://www.gamechairs.com/Racing-Game-Chairs-C32193.htmlUnfortunately they don't seem to be available here in the UK.

Have an old Mitsubishi car seat welded onto a swivel, it leans and is adjustable back and forth. Have placed board under it, and it sticks out right and left where I place my HOTAS. Now, that

I also use an office chair, put I put it on an old yoga mat so that it doesn't roll around.

Guest zacharace
Have an old Mitsubishi car seat welded onto a swivel, it leans and is adjustable back and forth. Have placed board under it, and it sticks out right and left where I place my HOTAS. Now, that

Yup, regular office chair here (not even leather!). Have it half on carpet to prevent rolling away on short final. :(

Here too a regular office armchair. Hardly rolls on the carpet. Works just fine for me.

A day without laughter, is a day without living.

custom built simpit for iRacing but doubles well for flight its a rear passenger seat from a conversion van, with sliders, arm rest and a tilt back :( thank you Mr Obama for "Cash for Clunkers"