Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

The Shader Mod has been updated to version 1.6.Some minor improvements:- Water is much darker at night, just like in real life- The grids some users were experiencing have been completely eliminated.- Minor visual improvements when looking at the ocean at very high altitude (wave height have been reduced)- Wave Fresnel Factor (min/max) in the WaterConstant.Xml file now has an impact on the reflective qualities of the water.- Sun/Moon reflection increased a little bit in the WaterConstants.xml file. This can be tweaked individually. See the readme file. You can download here:http://www.venetubo.com/sha3mod.zip

Thanks *******, Can I just install this over the previous version ?
Nope. You'll need to uninstall it first because the installer wont let you.Among the changes, is a better documented water20.fxh file so that FS Water Configurator (with some minor changes) can be made to work with the Shader mod. I'll have to talk to the water configurator developer to tell him what changes are required.

I lost all water animations.. 8800GTX.
There are '2' types of water animations. 'waves' near the shore AND water/ocean movement. This version restores the wave animation that was lost in the previous shader 3 mod AND slows down the water movement (see the WaterConstants.Xml file) there is a new entry:<fTimeScale2>-0.006</fTimeScale2>You can change the above to, say -0.010 or -0.020, then FLUSH THE CACHE with the provided link in the Shader Mod program group folder and you'll see water flowing again. Oceans don't 'flow' like rivers in real life just FYI... the settings provided with this version allow 'some' movement up to 1500ft, above that ocean stays pretty much static.One of the 'features' of this new 1.6 version is the 'customization' level by simply changing settings in the WaterConstants.Xml file.For example:
                                      <fWaveFresnelFactorMin>0.300</fWaveFresnelFactorMin>                    <fWaveFresnelFactorMax>0.500</fWaveFresnelFactorMax>                    <fSpecularPower>53.384</fSpecularPower>                    <fSpecularBoost>1.520</fSpecularBoost>                    <fSpecularBlend>0.605</fSpecularBlend>                    <fWaveBumpUVScale>9.500</fWaveBumpUVScale>                    <fWaterBumpRotation>45.000</fWaterBumpRotation>                    <fTimeX1>-0.083</fTimeX1>                    <fTimeY1>0.024</fTimeY1>                    <fTimeX2>-0.023</fTimeX2>                    <fTimeY2>0.038</fTimeY2>                    <fTimeScale2>-0.006</fTimeScale2>

fWaveFresnelFactorMin and fWaveFresnelFactorMax determine the 'reflective' qualities of the water. For example. If youmake the min and max values HIGH values, such as: 0.800 and 0.900 you'll see that water will look a bit dark and it will be harder to reflect clouds and light. Using values such as 0.100 and 0.200 will make the water reflect clouds and light easily, but it will also 'change' the look of the water making if more 'bright' think of this values as a way to make the water look like a 'mirror' or a 'solid wall'fSpecularBoost (ranges from 1.420 to 1.520) simply changes the 'intensity' of sun and moon reflections.fWaveBumpUVScale (ranges from 1.000 to 9.500) changes the 'size' of the swells (the white thing you see on the ocean at altitude) smaller number will give you large swells, large numbers make for tiny swells that look good at low altitude.fTimeScale2 Controls speed of 'water animations' if you make this number close to 0, water will NOT move. The further away it moves from 0 the faster the water will move.

Im gettting massive FPS from when I installed it, this is the first time I've used it and it was installed automatically and I uninstalled FSWC before I installed the Mod. Any ideas?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Im gettting massive FPS from when I installed it, this is the first time I've used it and it was installed automatically and I uninstalled FSWC before I installed the Mod. Any ideas?
If you uninstall it things go back to normal?

If you uninstall it things go back to normal?
Yes sir they sure do. Im using a GTX 480 + 266.69 ( i think) Drivers.....the new ones at least.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Yes sir they sure do. Im using a GTX 480 + 266.69 ( i think) Drivers.....the new ones at least.
Thats definitely not normal. I'm using the exact same card and the exact same driver version you have. So, it must be some driver setting -or- feature. What is your Water slider setting at? can you try one notch before max?Do you by any chance have the UTX FS9 style wave animations enabled? is REX installed as well? what water theme? how about the wave animations checkbox in REX? is it enabled? Have you used the Online Tweaking Tool lately? did it warn you about any errors?Trying to figure out why you are experiencing this.

Hi *******,Just installed the update and fps unaffected (on my aging GTX285). Reflections are stronger though - what REX water theme do you run?

Hi *******,Just installed the update and fps unaffected (on my aging GTX285). Reflections are stronger though - what REX water theme do you run?
I believe I use one called shimmery or sparkly or something along the lines, don;t recall the name.Check the readme.txt file on the Shader Mod on how to adjust the reflection power, its all there. Notice also at night the water is DARK, no more white/stars reflections

Ok, here we go. 8XS AA w/ AA Transp. Super @ 2X Super Samp Behav Flags NONE I have UTX but it is disabled because Im inside ORBX Oz all the time now, never touched the FS9 Animation though. Latest version of REX 2.0 and is OCEAN BLUE water theme + Speculation Wave Animation . I don't normal have a performance problem with FSX so I can promise it was caused by the 3.0 MOD. I uninstalled and everything is now normal. I am using Inspection by nvidia. Just by the way, the performance drop was all-around, but it seemed to get MUCH worse when I looked at the area of water in which the Sun was reflecting off of. I am using Low 2x in FSX and I also tried a couple other settings, they seemed to give me a little boost but deffently not enough. Hope that's enoughThanks much!

Ron Hamilton

Thanks ******* - I'm playing with the fSpecularBoost now :( Ron, out of curiosity, have you tried running 8XSQ without the transparency supersampling?

Thanks ******* - I'm playing with the fSpecularBoost now :( Ron, out of curiosity, have you tried running 8XSQ without the transparency supersampling?
ummm nope. someone told me I need the Supersampling so that trees and poiles get AA....even though my seem still looks like water!, I'll give it a try though thanks

Ron Hamilton