Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

Newer mind!... found this magic recipe for ATI users from Cheeso on page 10:Add these to your FSX.CFG and then make sure you rebuild your shaders again:[TERRAIN]MIN_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21MAX_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21Rebuild your shaders as instructed by ******* by adding SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=x under the [GRAPHICS] section in your fsx.cfg (replace x with an incrementing number each time you want your shaders rebuild after a change)Result: Even faster framerates and shimmer reduced 90%...! Roger over'n'out...

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

Hey Bojote, at first thanks for your great communitywork. Its great to give the simulator more and more fun, when it works with better frames and better locking. I work in my fsx.cfg and with my FSX for many years and have still tryd since hour 1 after release close all options ive found in the web. Still yesterday all works fine for me but after installing the complete Bluesky-Scenery ive Blurries without any solution to fix it. You need to know: All of your tipps and a check of your onlinetool and all what ive tested with my machine is written in the fsx.cfg and was proofed till today to work good.With other VFR-Scenerys like ITALVFR or Spain, ive never have had big problems with blurries (only sometimes a few or with speeds over 200 Knots). I cant find a reason why Bluesky will give so much Blurries. I shut off all traffic, I shut off any autogen, Ive tryd to set all settings to medium, I fly with the “paperplane” 60 Knots around -> Still Blurries. I give up. Do you have any Tipps for me? Athlon 965 BE 4x 3,9GHz2x4GB PC 1150 @ 1066ATI Sapphire 6970 (2GB)FSX still alone at 1TB Western Digital Type 1001FALS, Black Defragmentation: YesRebuild Shader Cache: YesShader 3 MOD: YesAF inside FSXAA inside CCC @ 8x inside FSX notFramelimit: unlimited in FSX, Extern fixed to 30 All other Mods inside fsx.cfg installed Thanks!

Hey *******, Ive used your shader 3.0 for as long as you've had it out. I see that you can manipulate the waterconstants xml file. However I do not see the shortcut in my Start\programes\ShaderModel3.0... its just not there. I have the latest version. If you could help I would apprieciate it.

Just Rt-click on the 'apply_tweaks.vbs', select 'create shortcut', then left-click and hold on the new shortcut and drag/drop it to the start button.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

All that does is create a apply tweaks shortcut. Mabey its W7 64 that I use. Thanks for trying Paul. This is from the read me file: ' ADVANCED USERS (How to edit WaterConstants.Xml)===============================================There is a shortcut in the Start menu Program folder to the tweaked Shader Mod 3 WaterConstants.Xml file. You can edit this file to change waterspeed, reflections and other features.' There are only 4 shortcuts - apply_tweaks - Tweaking and Tuning Tool - flush_cash - readme... and thats it. So I'm still alittle confused.

There are only 4 shortcuts - apply_tweaks - Tweaking and Tuning Tool - flush_cash - readme... and thats it. So I'm still alittle confused.
You can also edit the Waterconstants.xml file directly inside the FSX root folder. Just remember that after you change that file the shader cache needs to be flushed

Thanks bojote, I used one of the users water constants settings and indeed it did change things, but only in DX10 (shader 20), there are more to change in the shader 40 parts. As I have looked at this thread for the settings, I cannot find anyones to try. Could you point me in the right direction? ps: I only want to change the dx9 settings

Greetings all, I've been having problems installing this program. I downloaded it, but I'm getting an error response when I try to open the .exe file ("Problem with windows installer pkge....A script required for install could not be run"). ******* had given me some instructions on how to read .vbs files, but I still cant get it to work. Any easy answers? In the words of the Denzel Washington character in "Philadelphia", talk to me like I'm a 5 year old. Many thanks.

Try running the exe as Administrator - or turning off UAC altogether. also :- http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows-7/

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I am having major issues with the water, can I just revert back to my old waterconstants.xml and keep the other Shader 3 settings intact at all?

Someone said the mod also includes a vsync fix tool: can anyone tell me what it does? I have microstutters on my brand new pc and imho they are related to vsync (because the microstutters have the same 'frequency' as the tearing I see when I disable vsync).

Is it possible to run the shader mod and ENBseries together? Is it useful in any way to run these 2 together? I'm already using the Shadermod, which I like on my ATI HD6950. I recently saw some screenshots of the ENBSeries which looked sweet aswell, that's why I'm asking.

Yes it is possible. They don't interfere with each other.

As for my shimmering problem i have done a quick video to show you the problem. Without the mod i have still shimmers but very less noticable, with the mod i found it unplayable. I have tried lot of things (almost all paramaters in ati tray tools) , choosing Anisotropic or trilinear in fsx but no change... here's the link of my video
Many thanks in advance
I have the same issue here after install the shader mod !!! Did you find the solution for that ????