Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

Guys, where is the download for the subject? The one on the first page is a dead link. No hits in Avsim's library.

Thanks,

Dirk.

It worked for me a little while ago. Try it again?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Don't know whether Bojote is still following this thread. But I'd like to ask you whether you can provide a new version which enable all SM 3.0 features except water. Because just as what many REX users here have reported, the new water shader dramatically changed the style of in-game water.

And no matter which animation I choose in REX, the actual water animation in game looks all the same, especially with those low-resolution white reflection texture on top of waves.

I love every aspect of the mod, except the water effect, even after using Wally Dog's waterconstants.xml. This significantly limits the choice of water animation.

So would you please consider making a new version which reverts water shader back to 2.0, for us REX users?

Best regards,

Here's a stock, unchanged zipfile of the ShadersHLSL for the FSX root folder: it also includes a stock WaterConstants.Xml file.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52676345/Stock_ShadersHLSL_SP2/ShadersHLSL.zip

Copy you old ones to somewhere safe first, then put these in their place. I keep a clean SP2 version of FSX on my wife's pc.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks Paul! Good to have those files around for sure.

No sweat.. glad to help.

Good to have those files around for sure.

Oh ya better believe it! It's a 'few-years-old' Core2Duo E6600, with a Radeon-something in it - but a great pc to hold a clean install in...... It's name is Justin.......

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Both - yes.

seems im late to this party...Paul...what is this shadersHLSL and what does it do...and most importantly will it work in dx10? :rolleyes:

I am an ATI 7970 Ghz 3GB user and default DX9 behavior forced me to drop the Cloud Density down to High from Max where I had it when I was using an NVidia GTX660Ti. Both cards are great.

Being ATI I got curious and talked into trying DX10 and fell in love. I was using REXE textures all but the water. I have gone back to the default FSX DX10 water for those groovy white caps for floatplane ops.

Then finally decided to try DX9 with the Shader mod having read clouds no longer an issue for ATI. Boy that sure is true! In fact. Slightly faster cloud performance with Shader Mod 3.0 than with DX10!!! Better even than my GTX660Ti. If you can believe it.

Onty one snag with Shader Mod 3.0. I want my DX10 looking water back or at least the REXE Sparkling themed water. Can I do that? And if I did, will I have buggered up the DX10 default water again by installing while in DX9 mode? Probably right?

Oh and why on earth is this not a sticky? For ATI users this makes FSX run every bit as good as NVidia at the same settings. I know because I have both. Although I give a slight nod to NVidia DX9 AA with the 2xSGSS Transparency and 8xS. It's a pinch sharper than ATI 4xSSAA. In DX10 they are the same. Until the mod was installed NVidia ate my ATI for lunch in heavy overcast conditions with max cloud sliders. But not anymore. I just want that water back!

C.

I am an ATI 7970 Ghz 3GB user and default DX9 behavior forced me to drop the Cloud Density down to High from Max where I had it when I was using an NVidia GTX660Ti. Both cards are great.

Being ATI I got curious and talked into trying DX10 and fell in love. I was using REXE textures all but the water. I have gone back to the default FSX DX10 water for those groovy white caps for floatplane ops.

Then finally decided to try DX9 with the Shader mod having read clouds no longer an issue for ATI. Boy that sure is true! In fact. Slightly faster cloud performance with Shader Mod 3.0 than with DX10!!! Better even than my GTX660Ti. If you can believe it.

Onty one snag with Shader Mod 3.0. I want my DX10 looking water back or at least the REXE Sparkling themed water. Can I do that? And if I did, will I have buggered up the DX10 default water again by installing while in DX9 mode? Probably right?

Oh and why on earth is this not a sticky? For ATI users this makes FSX run every bit as good as NVidia at the same settings. I know because I have both. Although I give a slight nod to NVidia DX9 AA with the 2xSGSS Transparency and 8xS. It's a pinch sharper than ATI 4xSSAA. In DX10 they are the same. Until the mod was installed NVidia ate my ATI for lunch in heavy overcast conditions with max cloud sliders. But not anymore. I just want that water back!

C.

I solved this. Lost the thread where I saw the trick. The basic explanation was that I copied the 18 water files in the ".\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ShadersHLSL_ORIGINAL\Terrain" folder back into the ShadersHLSL Terrain folder and then replaced the Modded WaterConstants.Xml file with original (keeping the original backed up version so the shader mod uninstall would work properly should I want to uninstall it).

Again. For safety sake I left the "ShadersHLSL_ORIGINAL" folder and "WaterConstants.Xml.BAK" file created by the mod (found in the FSX root) in tact so that the uninstall would work as intended. Don't just rename these or the uninstall will not revert to your pre-modded state if you decide to.

Although as an ATI user I never will revert to pre-modded state in DX9 ever. There is NO incompatibility issues to speak of here. It.... just... works.... And *******? Thanks man. You have made me a very happy sim jock.

Charles.

C.

Installed version 1.6, water look pretty bad now.. like they have white stains (way too much shine). Is there way to keep all the new changes aside from the water?

Can anyone post an image of how the water should look like? Maybe, something is wrong with mine?

Installed version 1.6, water look pretty bad now.. like they have white stains (way too much shine). Is there way to keep all the new changes aside from the water?

Can anyone post an image of how the water should look like? Maybe, something is wrong with mine?

After the mod was installed, I copied the 18 water files in the ".\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ShadersHLSL_ORIGINAL\Terrain" folder back into the ShadersHLSL Terrain folder (overwriting the modded ones with the original FSX ones) and then replaced the Modded WaterConstants.Xml file with original (keeping the original backed up version so the "shader mod uninstall" would work properly should I ever want to uninstall it).

Again. For safety sake I left the "ShadersHLSL_ORIGINAL" folder and "WaterConstants.Xml.BAK" file created by the mod intact (found in the FSX root) so that the uninstall would still work as intended. Don't just rename these or the uninstall will not revert to your pre-modded state if you decided to.

This is my water... DX10 and DX9

8gLS5.jpg

eQDg8.jpg

FHues.jpg

QaWYE.jpg

looks like dx10 is more fit to this mod.

anyways, I uninstalled it and things seem to be back as they were.

looks like dx10 is more fit to this mod.

anyways, I uninstalled it and things seem to be back as they were.

Shader 3.0 mod does not effect DX10. My DX9 shot there is REX Essentials "Sparkling" theme water. The DX10 shot is MS FSX DX10 preview water. I left it in tact by using REX control panel to restore default textures and then in Options I told REX NOT to load water and then reloaded the theme for the rest of the tectures leaving the default DX10 water in tact.

C.

A quick (and probably daft) question about the shader 3.0 mod in FSX. Is the use of this mod expected / likely to change (increase) the VAS usage. ie. Does the use of different shaders have any potential impact on OOM difficulties?

Thanks,

Geoff

PS. I really like the effect of this modification on the water and it seems to help the FPS on my AMD graphics setup too.