Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

I have the same issue here after install the shader mod !!! Did you find the solution for that ????
No i didn't find any solution.... sadly... if someone can help it'd be much appreciated! Maybe it's because of the ati 5850 graphc card?

No i didn't find any solution.... sadly... if someone can help it'd be much appreciated! Maybe it's because of the ati 5850 graphc card?
I have a HD5870 and the same problem here !! Worried.gif

I had the same problem, I fixed it by editing the file "Terrain.fxh" in the fsx folder: ShadersHLSL\Terrain\ I changed this: (line 66)sampler BaseSampler = sampler_state{ Texture = (BaseTexture); AddressU = Clamp; AddressV = Clamp; MinFilter = D3DTEXF_ANISOTROPIC; MagFilter = D3DTEXF_ANISOTROPIC; MipFilter = (State_MipFilter); MipMapLodBias = -2;};to: sampler BaseSampler = sampler_state{ Texture = (BaseTexture); AddressU = Clamp; AddressV = Clamp; MinFilter = D3DTEXF_ANISOTROPIC; MagFilter = D3DTEXF_ANISOTROPIC; MipFilter = (State_MipFilter); MipMapLodBias = (State_MipMapLodBias);} This worked for me, also you could alter the AA settings to SuperSample, but then you loose a lot of FPS in the clouds. Hope this helps. Regards,Onno

I had the same problem, I fixed it by editing the file "Terrain.fxh" in the fsx folder: ShadersHLSL\Terrain\ I changed this: (line 66)sampler BaseSampler = sampler_state{ Texture = (BaseTexture); AddressU = Clamp; AddressV = Clamp; MinFilter = D3DTEXF_ANISOTROPIC; MagFilter = D3DTEXF_ANISOTROPIC; MipFilter = (State_MipFilter); MipMapLodBias = -2;};to: sampler BaseSampler = sampler_state{ Texture = (BaseTexture); AddressU = Clamp; AddressV = Clamp; MinFilter = D3DTEXF_ANISOTROPIC; MagFilter = D3DTEXF_ANISOTROPIC; MipFilter = (State_MipFilter); MipMapLodBias = (State_MipMapLodBias);} This worked for me, also you could alter the AA settings to SuperSample, but then you loose a lot of FPS in the clouds. Hope this helps. Regards,Onno
Hi Onnob, thanks for your help... I editted as you said and seems to be a little better now... but I still have a bit of shimmer... I really appreciate your attention....

Hey guys, I need some help in getting this program to install. I downloaded it a while back, but got an error msg during installation (".....a script required for this installation could not be found......"). It has something to do with reading .vbs files. ******* had sent me instructions (thanks, *******!!), but I still cant get it to work. Perhaps someone can explain it in simple terms, ie: "Shader Mod installation for Dummies". Appreciate anyone's assistance.

I think this is the answer to your problem, Ron: You need to associate the VBS script with the right default program to run it:- http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/wsh_runfromwindowsbasedhost.mspx?mfr=true

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I think this is the answer to your problem, Ron: You need to associate the VBS script with the right default program to run it:- http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/wsh_runfromwindowsbasedhost.mspx?mfr=true
Well, I finally got it to install. I'm not even sure what I did, but all of the files now appear in the FSX folder. I'll start the MSFSX program later today and see how it affects my flying experience. My understanding is that flying thru clouds will cause much less of a frame rate drop. Can't wait to see it in action.

Hi Guys: This looks great, 1 problem please my wave animation is not working and the shoreline waves are squares lol, looks like I need to replace the culprit files any help would be appreciated thank you Bojote, super work.

Rich Sennett

I too have this same issue.
Having the same issue. Water looks horrible. I am using the default FSX water textures. I can't even find the link to the WaterConstants file in the start program 3.0 mod shader file sad.pngAny idea what is wrong ?Anyway I found it in the FSX folder. Any recommendation what do change to make it look like the pre mod water ?I changed the reflection range but my water seems still to have "much lower res" than the default one.BestKarim

Sorry to bring up an old thread.I have this shader thing installed, and really like it. I don't worry too much about the water, I just set it at x2 low and ignore it, but I really liked how it made computer not fall on the floor anymore when going through clouds. I mean, before, if I wanted to select major thunderstorms, I would just have to deal with 9-15 fps max. Now, I see 20s in clouds, and I don't care what weather setting I fly in....before it was clear skies, or I could enjoy my flight. Well, finally to my question. I have it installed already as above states....but I am thinking about buying REX. I really like the screens that people post and it looks way better than default I have. Will I run into problems? Would I have to re-install the Shader mod? Do I just install REX over it? Just kinda wondering, as I have finally got my computer running really nice and I enjoy it. I don't want to mess something up....I find that almost every addon has some sort of complex install/uninstall/tweak need that I am forever reading about in hindsight. Thanks guys...any help or info would be great.

I have everything looking good in the daytime but I find it terrible at night with white dots on all water. I am guessing this is the reflection of the stars but really unrealistic, any solutions to this issue ? Also noticing a hexagon line pattern on the water at night. ( like this *) Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Guys, I installed Shader 3 Mod v1.6 and then applied the tweaks. Now, do I need to flush_cache? I have not touched it yet.Thanks,Dirk.