Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

FSX in 3D

Hi all,I have just discovered 3D for FSX and it is fantastic... you have to experience it to believe the difference. The only problem I can see is the aircraft and runway light positions everything else is fine. I am using the Nvidia 3D shutter glass kit with an Alienware 23.6 120 mhz monitor. You get totally immersed in the 3D world and fly for hours. I just completed a flight from Brisbane (Australia) to Melbourne (Aus) in the Level D 767 using ORBX scenery... stunning. Clicking the knobs on the VC can be a bit challenging but you can always pull up the 2D panel. :( :(

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I regret so much this technology is not compatible with Matrox Th2Go :/

I saw some 3Dmovies on youtube and it's amazing!! But...What happens when the computer computes 30 fps?15 go to the left eye and 15 go to the right?Are you then left with slow graphics? (15 fps)In other words; do you need for 3D a computer twice as fast?I'd like to know that before I buy those 3D things.

I saw some 3Dmovies on youtube and it's amazing!! But...What happens when the computer computes 30 fps?15 go to the left eye and 15 go to the right?Are you then left with slow graphics? (15 fps)In other words; do you need for 3D a computer twice as fast?I'd like to know that before I buy those 3D things.
If you are using an nVidia card, you don;' have to have a special monitor. You can use anaglyph mode, or the red-green glasses. That mode may be a bit old fashioned, but works very well, and a 60 hertz monitor works or any resolution for that matter. The color is not bad either. It is amazing, and best of all cheap.Donald E. Donovan

If you are using an nVidia card, you don;' have to have a special monitor. You can use anaglyph mode, or the red-green glasses. That mode may be a bit old fashioned, but works very well, and a 60 hertz monitor works or any resolution for that matter. The color is not bad either. It is amazing, and best of all cheap.Donald E. Donovan
Yep-I've been doing that for a while. You sure can't beat the price.

Yep-I've been doing that for a while. You sure can't beat the price.
I've tried them a few times, but find the poor color contrast that happens is not worth the 3D effect.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Hi all,I have just discovered 3D for FSX and it is fantastic... you have to experience it to believe the difference. The only problem I can see is the aircraft and runway light positions everything else is fine. I am using the Nvidia 3D shutter glass kit with an Alienware 23.6 120 mhz monitor. You get totally immersed in the 3D world and fly for hours. I just completed a flight from Brisbane (Australia) to Melbourne (Aus) in the Level D 767 using ORBX scenery... stunning. Clicking the knobs on the VC can be a bit challenging but you can always pull up the 2D panel. :( :(
Hi AndrewB,I was wondering how your colors are looking thru the Nvidia shutter glass and can you be a bit more specific about challenging the knobs in the VC cockpit?I'm flying for a while the LevelD 767 in 3D with the Viper 3D Red/Cyan glass and discovered the following issues,- Colours are bad- Brightness is bad- PAPI lights are double- Handling the knobs, I have to shut my right (Cyan) to get the mouse at the right place- Using Squakbox or FSInn by online flying made it impossible to use 3D anyway (because it is in the front I think)For VFR flying however I am seriously in doubt to invest in a new 24" 120Mhz LCD and the Nvidia 3D vision set because the 3D experience is awesome but don't want the same results as mentioned above with a big price tag.Cheers...

Ok,I have an Nvidia 8800gt card and glasses from a 3D movie I saw recently. How do I configure my set up to try this out?Alex C

3D technology is becoming pretty amazing! I went to Best Buy the other day and saw the new 3D tv's! HOLLY SMOKES! It felt like you could put your arm through the tv and touch the people! It was amazing! Much much better then Nvidea 3D thats for sure.You have to have a special pare of glasses that go with the TV, plus a 3D compatible Blue ray movie which none hardly exist as of yet. Read more about the TV's here: Best Buy 3D TvAnyways, the Best Buy dude say there was going to be a video game coming out sometime over the summer that will be the first to work with this technology. That will be quite a sight to see! True 3D video games in 1080p! Imagine if flight sim worked with this technology! Ohhh man, I would probably get sick really fast thats for sure! A

Ok,I have an Nvidia 8800gt card and glasses from a 3D movie I saw recently. How do I configure my set up to try this out?Alex C
Be sure to have recent Nvidia drivers, go to the setup in Nvidia control panel and choose, configure 3D, Thats all.In FS you can toggle between normal and 3D mode with CTRL-THappy landings....

Hi AndrewB,I was wondering how your colors are looking thru the Nvidia shutter glass and can you be a bit more specific about challenging the knobs in the VC cockpit?I'm flying for a while the LevelD 767 in 3D with the Viper 3D Red/Cyan glass and discovered the following issues,- Colours are bad- Brightness is bad- PAPI lights are double- Handling the knobs, I have to shut my right (Cyan) to get the mouse at the right place- Using Squakbox or FSInn by online flying made it impossible to use 3D anyway (because it is in the front I think)For VFR flying however I am seriously in doubt to invest in a new 24" 120Mhz LCD and the Nvidia 3D vision set because the 3D experience is awesome but don't want the same results as mentioned above with a big price tag.Cheers...
There is no comparison between between the coloured glasses and the shutters. It would be like comparing back & white to HD colour. To answer your questionsNo problem with the coloursBrightness is fine and can be adjusted I use the defaultPAPI are double (this is the only issue noted by NvidiaHandling knobs in the VC can been a bit tricking if you are not close enough... I use the trackir and move in a bit closer then it OKYou can pull up the 2D panel if you like ... I have not found a solution to Squawkbox.... maybe by using another monitor you could drag the squakbox panel across. If there is a fix for this I would greatly appreciate the solutionVFR or IFR flying this is the 3D is the way to go.... I have being using flight sim since the very first version over 25years ago and in my opinion this is the biggest leap forward.Bear in mind to get the best out FSX you need a heavy duty machine.Andrew

3D technology is becoming pretty amazing! I went to Best Buy the other day and saw the new 3D tv's! HOLLY SMOKES! It felt like you could put your arm through the tv and touch the people! It was amazing! Much much better then Nvidea 3D thats for sure.You have to have a special pare of glasses that go with the TV, plus a 3D compatible Blue ray movie which none hardly exist as of yet. Read more about the TV's here: Best Buy 3D TvAnyways, the Best Buy dude say there was going to be a video game coming out sometime over the summer that will be the first to work with this technology. That will be quite a sight to see! True 3D video games in 1080p! Imagine if flight sim worked with this technology! Ohhh man, I would probably get sick really fast thats for sure! A
The technology used in the Nvidia setup is the same as 3D TV the only difference is the mhz of the TV ... Computer Monitor 120mhz or 60mhz each eye, 3D TV 200mhz or 100mhz each eye. The shutter technology is the same albeit each company has minor difference so you cannot interchange the glasses. The benefit of 3D TV is the size of the screen. I am running FSX in 1920x10800p on my Alienware monitor.Andrew

Computer Monitor 120mhz or 60mhz each eye, 3D TV 200mhz or 100mhz each eye.
You should divide it by 1000. It is Hertz [Hz], not MHz.Is there any solution to Matrox Th2Go Users? I think it wont, since the 5040x1050x57Hz is the maximum DVI can handle (~8Gbps)