Sign in to follow this  
AirbusCG

Shell I buy it or not?

Hello,i have one big question about the FS2Crew version for the J41: this is a "voice commander" version, does it mean that i can handle it only by using an headset? or is it possible to run it without one?and i'm currently having a few problems with my headset, so i would have to use FS2Crew without it. so my question is: is this programm usable without an headset (as the MD11 edition, for example), or it there ONLY the possibility of using it with an headset?thanks for any answersregardsEmi

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

This version is voice only, I believe that a button version will be released a little later in the year. My advice - get your headset sorted and get this version. It is the best thing since sliced bread, fact. I very much doubt that you will regret it.

Justin Paull

then i think i have some work, to do now...hopefully i can get it to work correctly.thanks for your fast answerregardsEmi

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

then i think i have some work, to do now...hopefully i can get it to work correctly.thanks for your fast answerregardsEmi
You don't need a fancy headset. Any one will do.Mine was mid-range and I spent maybe $20 on it if memory serves correct.Voice is MUCH better than the button control system, so if you can do do voice, I definitely recommend voice.Cheers,
It is the best thing since sliced bread
Cheers :(

I'm in the same situation, I do hesitate a bit because of the "voice only" in this FS2Crew product. I already have the PMDG MD11 and 747X ones and I really like FS2Crew and what it does to the "as real as it gets..." feeling but since I do 99% of my flying online where you already do lots of talking when flying in controlled airspace especially during departure/arrival I'm afraid it will be a little bit confusing trying to also control FS2Crew using voice at the same time.Is there anyone here already using this FS2Crew voice controlled product when flying online on IVAO for example that could comment on this, would really appreciate it! Also, went to YouTube hoping to find some video demonstrating this product but couldn't find any - does someone know if there is a video review somewhere?TIA,

Richard Åsberg

Is there anyone here already using this FS2Crew voice controlled product when flying online on IVAO for example that could comment on this, would really appreciate it! TIA,
Flying online with FS2Crew is the ultimate experience ! Combine a virtual crew, with live ATC and the whole experience get's closer to that elusive ' being there ' feel.To handle voice comms on Vatsim I have mapped the handy dandy FO Mute function from FS2Crew to a button on my Saitek Yoke....when I'm done speaking to the FO , I instinctively hit the Mute button which allows me to speak with ATC without confusing my FO.A tip is to get all the info you need from ATC first, then run a checklist. For example, call ATC " ready for taxi ", recieve your taxi instructions ...THEN leave the ramp and start your " Taxi checklist " in FS2Crew.My strongest advice is become very familiar with the flows and checklists before you take the program online.It seems confusing at first but after a half dozen flights or so everything falls into place.cheersParksy

Thanks alot for your input!I realize having both a FO to talk to as well as live ATC probably is as close as you can get to real world multicrew OP in front of a PC! I can imagine it takes a couple of flights to find all "traps" but guess once you learn in what order to do everything it like most things become second nature.Thanks again for your input and tips, much appreciated!

Richard Åsberg