Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

New Eaglesoft DA-42

Wow! Lovely shots! Thanks for posting. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Got it. It's nice. I lost a few fps though.It is really sensitive to control compared to the other default and add-ons that I have.Gauges do seem a bit flat. The Realair Duke and the Aerosoft PA31T Cheyenne have more of a 3d affect with their gauges.Looking out of the VC is really nice without any aircraft windshield obstructions.The view must be awesome in real life.
The control feel is the product of local settings. She's very smooth with my own settings but you already knew this... :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Gauges do seem a bit flat. The Realair Duke and the Aerosoft PA31T Cheyenne have more of a 3d affect with their gauges.
That was a deliberate decision so that folks who wished to use the Mindstar G1000 (or another vendor's) could do so easily. Otherwise there'd be no end of complaints about the "3d knobs" not matching up with XYZ's G1000 gauges... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The control feel is the product of local settings. She's very smooth with my own settings but you already knew this... :(
Well it's the only aircraft that I have that is over sensitive.

Well it's the only aircraft that I have that is over sensitive.
Well we have no way of knowing your personal configurations or sensitivity settings.While we believe you are experiencing what you state, it is not the case with us or others. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Glad I found this thread, I'm looking for a new toy in FSX, I was originally looking at the Pilatus PC-12 (yes I know it's single engined :() but this drew my attention because of the G1000 which I'm used to from the Flight1 Mustang.I have two concerns though:Does this implimentation of the G1000 include full navdata functionality, sorry if this has been asked before I'm not even sure if that's the correct term but I'm sure somebody will know what i'm talking about!Also, the features page says the VC and 2D only supports resolutions up to 1680*1050. I run FSX full screen on two monitors with the primary being a 1900*1200 screen. I also fly purely VC. Does this mean the VC will look really bad at 1900*1200 and what was the reason to do this? I can't believe I'm the only one who runs VC's at 1900*1200! I fly all my aircraft at that resolution including Flight1's Mustang and don't have any issues!Thanks,

Glad I found this thread, I'm looking for a new toy in FSX, I was originally looking at the Pilatus PC-12 (yes I know it's single engined :( ) but this drew my attention because of the G1000 which I'm used to from the Flight1 Mustang.I have two concerns though:Does this implimentation of the G1000 include full navdata functionality, sorry if this has been asked before I'm not even sure if that's the correct term but I'm sure somebody will know what i'm talking about!Also, the features page says the VC and 2D only supports resolutions up to 1680*1050. I run FSX full screen on two monitors with the primary being a 1900*1200 screen. I also fly purely VC. Does this mean the VC will look really bad at 1900*1200 and what was the reason to do this? I can't believe I'm the only one who runs VC's at 1900*1200! I fly all my aircraft at that resolution including Flight1's Mustang and don't have any issues!Thanks,
As Andy states below your post, higher resolutions are supported but one must still acknowledge proper relationships such as 4:3 or 16:9.Our Diamond DA42 Specific G1000 supports FS9/FSX Nav Database only. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I run my monitor at 1900X1200 and the DA-42 VC looks fine.
Ditto!

Our Diamond DA42 Specific G1000 supports FS9/FSX Nav Database only. :(
So does that mean one can't create a flight plan on the fly, from within the G1000, whilst in the aircraft and having nothing to do with the FSX flight planner?And (if the answer above is yes) if the aircraft can follow a flight plan that way, when the transition happens from NAV to APR (I realise the terms may be different in this aircraft's AP) will it auto tune the correct frequencies and CRS bearing based on the approach selected for the destination airport?I realise that isn't very real like but the Flight1 Mustang does this and I find it very helpful as I'm a novice.If the answer is no, may I ask what functionailty the G1000 has in this aircraft above and beyond the ability to see flight plans in realtime but not be able to edit them in anyway?Don't wish to sound derogatory, just want to understand a bit more.Thanks

Guest Panda_Power
Ditto!
Double ditto! :( The DA-42 instruments look gorgeous at 1920x1200!

If the answer is no, may I ask what functionailty the G1000 has in this aircraft above and beyond the ability to see flight plans in realtime but not be able to edit them in anyway?Don't wish to sound derogatory, just want to understand a bit more.Thanks
Our DA42 was designed to be for the casual simmer to use, but still allow the more ambitious and or zealous to drop in the Mindstar G1000 package if they so desire. I put a lot of additional features into the DA42 specific G1000 system that's included, but did not provide for direct flightplan entry or saving of flightplans.Had we included the full functionality of Mindstar's or Flight1's product, the price would have been substantially higher, and would not have made the casual simmer's happy at all.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

So does that mean one can't create a flight plan on the fly, from within the G1000, whilst in the aircraft and having nothing to do with the FSX flight planner?And (if the answer above is yes) if the aircraft can follow a flight plan that way, when the transition happens from NAV to APR (I realise the terms may be different in this aircraft's AP) will it auto tune the correct frequencies and CRS bearing based on the approach selected for the destination airport?I realise that isn't very real like but the Flight1 Mustang does this and I find it very helpful as I'm a novice.If the answer is no, may I ask what functionailty the G1000 has in this aircraft above and beyond the ability to see flight plans in realtime but not be able to edit them in anyway?Don't wish to sound derogatory, just want to understand a bit more.Thanks
Purchase the aircraft and read the extensive G1000 Documentation. As a novice you will find more than enough complexity to suit your needs. :( If not satisfied return it within 30 Days for a full refund.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

The screen shots on Eaglesofts page are always so far away and don't show the detail I'm after. I'd really like to give her a try, but if the VC textures/modeling is similar to the previous projects I may have to hold off. Plus the Iris version's VC looks awfully nice, but from past experiences I'd imagine the Eaglesoft version is the front runner in every other aspect besides VC modeling. Thanks again, and congrats on another release!
You hit the nail right on the head. The screenshots on the ESs site look far away .I had to buy the thing to take a closer look.The da42 is gorgeous really... unfortunately the vc is what it is...:( And I do agree with you.ES is prob the front runner in very other aspect besides VC modeling).I often wonder why they don't do a proper vc.It is really strange to look at a nice plane with a poor vc.

So as an owner you are saying the VC in our DA42 is poor? We're surprised that you haven't returned it on that basis or are you saying you already have? :(The shots by users both in our forum and up thread here seem to be close up and fine to us and others. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png