Sign in to follow this  
dima767

Flying 737NG simulator

While we are all eagerly awaiting for the fantastic (I'm pretty sure) NGX, I thought I'd share highlights of my recent session at the controls of the Flight Experience's 737NG (fixed-based) simulator in Hong Kong. Oh what a great feeling to be flying this wonderful machine, especially with a co-pilot (as we simmers, don't have the luxury of having a co-pilot)! :-)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTAbxW7GNHEIf you are not aware of the Flight Experience, here's the link: http://www.flightexperience.com/Regards,Dmitriy.

I did that a few years ago. Flew around hong kong and st martin. Exelent setup they have at those places highly recomended if you want a 737 fix before the ngx is released.

Wow, that looks terrific.That must have been a great experience. Thank you for sharing that!Could anyone compare the fares with other simulators? 2,500 HKD for 90 minutes seem like a bargain.For people living in/near Germany who are interested in a similar experience have a look at http://www.flugsimulator-berlin.de.

Yes, the Flight Experience price is unbeatable, although one must remember that it's a not a Level-D full-motion sim. But the systems, FMS, flight dynamics, etc. are all accurately simulated and you get almost the true feeling of flight! The Flight Experience apparently is a rapidly growing novel franchise and it's coming to the US!Dmitriy.

If I want to have one of these at home, how much do I have to pay ? I mean if I want to buy one for my personal and private use.Being a static machine, I suppose it is very much cheaper than a full motion one, and perhaps with almost no maintenance cost (no moving parts, no hydraulic systems, no servo motors except for the throttles, etc etc)

Hey there, congrats to your flight! Looks like it's been an exciting experience for you.:( I see you guys are doing some major multi crew stuff there hehe... nice!

2,500 HKD for 90 minutes seem like a bargain.
Yes, the Flight Experience price is unbeatable, although one must remember that it's a not a Level-D full-motion sim.
How true. Cause I feel only these will give you "the real deal", simulator wise, right after flying the 70-ton baby itself (which I have not done so far so it's just a rough guess haha LOL.gif). I appreciate there seem to come up more and more of these small enthusiastic companies offering their services to interested people. I know for sure - from some who operate them - they certainly have so many different sorts of people in there, it's incredible. Many even non-(FS)-simmers who have simply dreamt about what it might be like inside a cockpit for a long time and now got the chance to sort of get an idea. It would probably remain a once in a lifetime experience for many of them but hey, what does it feel to sucessfully have mastered to fly such a big plane, even only virtually, in such an environment. What a great idea to bring this to the public.:smile:But nevertheless, there is nothing like totally immersing into what a certified full motion sim used for actual flight operations offers. I simply encourage everyone who maybe knows someone that might allow to get into one of those to ask nicely. :( I assure once you hit TOGA for the first time it's most certainly gonna blow you away if you are used to fixed base flying in the one or other way.In addition to the above link I would like to add another one which I believe offers the above to everyone. I have not tried them though but you might want to check their prices since this has been asked above. Just thought it was worth to add because I feel the prices are not so much worse, but remember what added value you get for it. :( As I said, don't want to advertise, I do neither know the company nor have I tried anything they offer but I just remembered the link when I saw this thread.RgdsEtienne

Here's the manufacturer for these devices (called PS3) http://www.pacificsimulators.com/Products/PS3+Entry+Level+TrainingEntertainment+Device.htmlThey have 'em for sale, so you could find out. Regards,Dmitriy.
Pacific Simulators don't publish the sell prices in their website. :( I can see that Flight Experience has shops in New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore (...too far for us europeans), any similar and cheap fixed-base simulator company here in Europe ?.

They have plans to expand the franchise worldwide, specifically in EU and US. I've contacted them and the price quote for the new sim unit is around 500 000USD (half a million)Cheers,Dmitriy.

Guest wims

Thats a crazy price, im sure you'd be able to build something FSX based for less than $50 000 using manufactorers like Flight Deck Solutions, Cpflight, Poldragonet etc.

Thats a crazy price, im sure you'd be able to build something FSX based for less than $50 000 using manufactorers like Flight Deck Solutions, Cpflight, Poldragonet etc.
Actually, last I priced out a Full 747-400 pit (Full) it was just over $11,000.00. But that is with the best panels, knobs, pots, boards guages, software etc, etc...The prices like anything will vary but the biggest price difference is in the screens. The 11k does not include the price of #3 awesome projectors which is what I would want :)The real simulator prices are insane but boy oh boy would I love to do it! :( *Prices also don't include hydraulics but that is still very possible in a home pit for low $$$.(Main problem is having the space, hehe).

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

If the Iraq Denar hits the market at a good price ($2-$3) I'll have one of those $500,000 simulators!Moe Works

I moonlighted in the Wellington, New Zealand branch of Flight Experience as an instructor for much of 2006 and 2007 before my 'day job' priorities took over. It was great fun and it is a very convincing replica of the real deal. We followed SOPs fairly closely for all the flights, and a 737 F/O I know took a ride with me and was quite satisfied that you could use it as a procedural trainer. Many of the flights were short duration, circuit work, all handflown, so we got plenty of exposure to the manual flight characteristics of the aircraft too.Plus, perks of the job: we were able to book in time after hours for our own entertainment, at will. It was basically like having the keys to your own full replica 737 flight deck! Bliss.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg