Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

MS Flight Improvement Wish List

obviously! weather is where we fly. more realistic with the ability to fly into overcast at its base and fly out of the top and see an overcast complete coverage below. when the vis is below 10 there should be no horizon line visible, ever. thunderstorms that will tear a small plane to pieces if you fly into them, as in real life.Performance! so we won't be waiting for the computer that will never be built to run it to the max.

Here's my wish list for what its worthsloping runwaysrealistic aerodynamics - rudder use in turns/ spin and stall charactoristics. Allowing flight to move away from stable flight parameters, into departure from normal flight. It would be great to be able to go through stalls & spins etc with realistic control imputs and the realistic results. helicopter aerodynamics - the Dodo sim B206 is an example of what can be done - or the BK117 in Xplane (superb)torque induced yaw, transverse flow effect, flap back, translating tendency, dissymmetry of lift, and vortex ring state to name a few. Can we move away from the throttle being a substitute for collective? Albilitiy to carry a sling load or winch (with proper physics- sling load swings, winchman will spin in downwash) would be a very nice addition & would add to missionsI know that everyone is going to ask for something different, and at the end of the day, all that can be developed is something that will have broad general appeal. That doesn't stop one hoping though!!thanks

FSX ATC was pethetic indeed, without any clue of the role an real ATC covers in the reality. It was just a crappy mess of words without any sense.Not to mention the instructions given by FSX ATC.... I still laugh loudly if I recall them........ pointing you straight to nowhere but far from the runway... LOL

FSX ATC was pethetic indeed, without any clue of the role an real ATC covers in the reality. It was just a crappy mess of words without any sense.Not to mention the instructions given by FSX ATC.... I still laugh loudly if I recall them........  pointing you straight to nowhere but far from the runway... LOL
ATC was not as accurate as RL ATC, however, i wouldn't call it a crappy mess of words.... but, it served a good purpose and stood for a huge improvement over no ATC at all.  You can use the FSX ATC to complete flights .  Remember, FS has the basics that our community builds upon. The effort that goes into making the basics is huge. 27,000k airports, functioning ATC, major cities and airports with actual buildings in the US and the list goes on .......  

I disagree.Each single player of FSX would have preferred few thousands airports less and in favour of a decent ATC. Even a " Sunday morning Cessna pilot " would have done it light years better.After all, I bet that each hard core FSX player ( as I have been for several months / years ) has never used more than a couple of dozens of airports. Minor ones ( 26950 therefore, are equal each other...... BTW )A couple of dozens of bad words instead have been released each flight against the ATC and it's silly, reiterated and dumb questions inside a simulated dialog based on forced choices/answers only. Flight paths given by the tower would have been simply classy inside a Mr. Bean show instead. Player : " what time is it ? " ATC : " cloudy "Player : " What time is it ? " ATC : " Sunny or cloudy " and so on for ever

I know, I know it's very early but these types of threads are so much fun to discuss and read so I couldn't refuse. Without a doubt the press release created a massive buzz within the community with regards to the newest version of the franchise from Microsoft. I'd like to hear your thoughts on what would you like improved in the new release, it'd be nice to hear from the users that are on top of the hardware game to hear what is actually acheivable on today's hardware.
there are already plenty of third party addons (both payware and shareware) that are way better than fs in improving the visuals.why not better intelligence for AI and better logic for ATC/ground.1. better pushback. should be up to the apron taxiway. not just pushback a few metres and have a 747 or any plane make a 180 degree turn at the apron? ridiculous!2. have traffic stop when a planes is pushebacked or delay pushback when there's a plane taxiing.3. AI should taxi smoothly on intersection nodes and not jitter ones they touched those nodes.4. Shouldn't planes make a slow turn on instersection? why the jittery and fast turn on intersections.5. why do small planes hold short just at the tail of a heavy jet? can't they stop farther apart.6. why hold short a plane in the middle of the runway when it is crossing a runway? just because it's center of gravity hasn't crossed the runway line, doesn't mean it's nose or body is not on the runway.7. use of taxiway should be whoever is the nearest, not whoever got the assignment first. the first plane may still be 3 km away, but the 2nd plane is just 10 metres away.8. restrict the use of the apron-taxiway and use the actual taxiways instead. isn't the taxiway designed the way it is because there is no obstruction or parked planes around it, then why have planes use the apron-taxiway when they can use the unobstructed taxiway. 9. aircraft weight should adhere to restrictions and limitations. a 747 is assigned to land on a grass runway when there's a concrete ils runway? at the same time, a cessna is assigned to the concrete runway?10. aren't narrow taxiways narrow because they have obstructions nearby? why make a wide-bodied aircraft use them?11. why are turbo-props faster than a jet on approach. they can literally overtake you on approach.12.i'd like to see holding pattern for arriving aircraft. first one in, first one out, and that includes user aircraft.13. in the tropics, trees and grass don't really go that brown. majority is still green.14. can we not have a runway that has two ends instead of a one end runway?15. change in wind direction should also make atc change the active runway end.16. the ability to remove default airports that way, if a designer needs to lower the airport altitude, the default runway don't show up.17 runways that conform to the terrain elevation, meaning sloping runways and not FLAT.18. flat roads and rivers especially along mounntainsides and slopes.19. isn't a straight line the shortest way from point A to point B. then why the zig zag taxiway assignments on taxiing to runway or to parking.20. shouldn't be that the assigned runway be the nearest threshold and not the nearest runway. just because a runway is nearby doesn't mean it's active end is also nearby. 21. ATC to strictly follow closed runway ends. if it's closed for take-off then it should be. if it's closed for landings, then that should be the case. but for FS it's not really the case.

A proper weather implementation, in FSX weather conditions were inexistent.Heavy rain, heavy fog, thunderstorms, hail, etc etc. didn't exist at all in FSX.Few third party software added a 1% of them but Flight must have them.Thx

regarding visual aspects, I wish they would:- get rid of BMP spinning 'clouds' and use volumetrics instead- use seamless terrain rendering (outerra or similar) - like the GORGEOUS video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwtKHbl0pjs- physics -> sloped runways, wind influencing V-speeds, stress damage / crash animations...

1. better pushback. should be up to the apron taxiway. not just pushback a few metres and have a 747 or any plane make a 180 degree turn at the apron? ridiculous!Forgot about this one but i could not agree more. i can not stand the way FSX does push back of AI aircraft now.

regarding visual aspects, I wish they would:- get rid of BMP spinning 'clouds' and use volumetrics instead- use seamless terrain rendering (outerra or similar) - like the GORGEOUS video here:
- physics -> sloped runways, wind influencing V-speeds, stress damage / crash animations...
Ok let's stick this video, the terrain rendering deserves a stickied thread, MS has to learn how to program games.Told that, Flight videos shows a graphic of 5-6 years ago so we are already done .... Worried.gif

A proper weather implementation, in FSX weather conditions were inexistent.Heavy rain, heavy fog, thunderstorms, hail, etc etc. didn't exist at all in FSX.Few third party software added a 1% of them but Flight must have them.Thx
HelloTry something other than the clear skys theme :(

HelloTry something other than the clear skys theme :(
Clear Skies ??I have installed and tried at least half a dozen third party weather add-on on my FSX , for example REX, Flight Envirnment X etc etc.. but due to the heavy limitation of FSX they can reproduce only 5% of real weather conditions, above all snow, heavy rain, thunderstorms, hail , etc etc...Basically, to answer you, I have never used clear sky themes, I hate quite a lot flying the Sunday Morning one.... you know-

Clear Skies ??I have installed and tried at least half a dozen third party weather add-on on my FSX , for example REX, Flight Envirnment X etc etc.. but due to the heavy limitation of FSX they can reproduce only 5% of real weather conditions, above all snow, heavy rain, thunderstorms, hail , etc etc...Basically, to answer you, I have never used clear sky themes, I hate quite a lot flying the Sunday Morning one.... you know-
HelloFlight environment is a texture addon not a weather engine so you will not get thunderstorms with it.REX weather engine is not that great in my opinion.Try one of the Hifi Simulations products or even FSmeteo 8, I get rain, thunderstorms snow ect if that is what is out side my window at home, I do not understand why you are unable to get a thunderstorm if that is what the metar is reporting.

Guest 747-fan
I disagree.Each single player of FSX would have preferred few thousands airports less and in favour of a decent ATC. Even a " Sunday morning Cessna pilot " would have done it light years better.After all, I bet that each hard core FSX player ( as I have been for several months / years ) has never used more than a couple of dozens of airports. Minor ones ( 26950 therefore, are equal each other...... BTW )
I couldn't care less about ATC as I fly on VATSIM and IVAO all the time, and I believe that you'll find lots of advanced simmers there. Granted a lot of FSX players want better ATC, but you don't speak for all.I also fly to a lot of different locations depending on scenery, interesting procedures or VA tours/missions. But yes some airports are and should be "more equal than others", Like in FSX, only done better.For me it's the flight modelling (spins and stalls etc) and weather they should get better at. Also the ability to place tarmac on sloped runways, and some more advanced surface friction models.

Clear Skies ??I have installed and tried at least half a dozen third party weather add-on on my FSX
Half a dozen(6)?I thought the only 3rd party weather addons for FSX were ASE/ASE and REX.Personally I use ASA and it pretty much mirrors the conditions the real word airports are reporting. Maybe something is wrong with yours, but I get real world depiction just fine in my FSX install.I would like to see volumetric clouds however and better transitions from IMC to VFR or visa versa, rather than just going from 10 miles visibility to 1 mile instantly.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.