Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

MS Flight Improvement Wish List

I haven't seen this request yet after reading through most of the posts,,I would like to see A default setting to start in an aircraft in the "cold and dark state"But other than that, the sim looks great! Saving up some cash for A new systemwhen they release the sim Big%20Grin.gif
Good idea, but even better: All aircraft should be cold and dark as default.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Good idea, but even better: All aircraft should be cold and dark as default.
Don't get your hopes up, Microsoft is pushing the simplicity of Flight where you just add throttle and take off.Regards, Mike Mann

A Great idea , an option to start with a cold and dark aircraft would make for a good feature, and if MS doesn't do it its a fine opportunity for an app.As another cold and dark issue in need of a fix is the turboprop engine startup routine, the prop should stay in beta... but wont.

Here's my small wish list:1) Nvidia 3D vision support - MUST BE!!! FSX already had really good support, but there were problems with lights on the runway. Believe me, this makes any game experience much, much better. 2) Airport ground tessellation - more details on airport ground, like sides of runways, pavements. Especially it would be good for field runways.3) Sun rays, between the clouds. sunray.jpg4) Realistic rain in distnce 75f54e331.jpgAs you can notice rays and rain have almost the same structure in distance. Just different effects. 5) Cloud shadows AvalonblvdNorth.jpg6) 6 DOF integrated head tracking using Webcam - there are already tons of different soft which does amazing head tracking using web cameras - one of them is the FaceApi. Kinnect is another idea. There are another thousands of things which can be done , like using bing maps for textures. Actually another cool thing, useless but cool, would be to have live update for augment reality devices. Just imagine you can point your iphone up to the skies and see the planes (or whole air show) which is happening now in Microsoft flight. Just thought about it's possibilities - live races, huge competitions, you could even use real environment. It would look like RC plane races, just bigger :) Augment reality soft already exists, you just need live update for plane coordinates, smoke on/off and other things. This will sell the game. It's definitely not the end for suggestions, but I will probably stop here........ ThanksP.S. Nearly forgot about Nvidia PhysX. This doesn't mean it needs to be used for plane physics, but using it for environment would definitely bring live to Microsoft Flight. Flags, trees, plane smoke (environment smoke), dust, plane collision, deformation and many many more.How about that:p_2490970.jpgVolcanoes (Ash) and distant smoke are really actual things.

Not only do I want all of the sun rays, realistic rain, cloud shadows and volcanic ash features added, but it is imperative that I be able to utilize all of these features while getting a minimum of 30 FPS with my older Athlon based computer!!Regards, Mike Mann

Not only do I want all of the sun rays, realistic rain, cloud shadows and volcanic ash features added, but it is imperative that I be able to utilize all of these features while getting a minimum of 30 FPS with my older Athlon based computer!!Regards, Mike Mann
Obstacles will make a game play much, much more interesting. Especially if they wan't to bring more gameplay to simulator. H.a.w.x are probably first who used this idea, and actually those things make you feel the speed and manoeuvring. I know that hawx is completely different game, but those things worked.

Better ATC... Like ATC given you airborne and landing time, with ATIS reporting visibility in meters and kilometers. ATC should not be too predictable like startup delays and landing delays occasionally. We should be able to request for weather from tower at airfields without ATIS/AWOS and option to request our own descent at TOD (top of descent). The ability to use other approaches other than ILS in clear weather. like atc telling you to expect vor/dme with good vis. more later... any other thoughts on ATC guys?

Guest jahman
  1. A. Main Sim Issues
  2. Architect FSXI to ALWAYS identify the offending module in case of FSXI or O/S crash! Always!
  3. Keep Add-Ons from changing MS Flight files and from placing Add-On files in MD Flight directories.
  4. FSX Configuration data is all over the place! When you include the three directories FSX uses plus drectories used by add-on aircraft, weather engine, sceneries, it's total chaos!
  5. Fix sound/image stuttering during aircraft external view (doppler effect on engine sound is especially annoying!)
  6. Better integration with Jeppesen-Style aiport and Navaid monthly data updates! Currently airport/navaid data spans FSX, flight planning software, fuel planning software and add-on aircraft FMC. It is cumbersome to maintain data cosistency accross all four datasets!
  7. Allow the user to select Flight language at install time: For a variety of reasons, many of us prefer a language different from the language of the country we live in! If you lived on Mars, would you want your copy of Flight to be in Martian?
  8. Flight Recorder bug when playback length over more than a few minutes.B. User Interface Issues
  9. Allow changing date, time and aircraft before loading a previously-saved flight (an often lengthy process these days with extensive photo-real scenery!)
  10. Fix the many bugs FSX has in DX10 especially regarding undocked window placement, maximized to full-screen switching, etc.. Make sure you test with different number of screens and even different-sized screens! Also make sure window placement is relative to monitor edge so windows are not repositioned when the alignment of different-sized monitors is changed with respect to each other, e.g. flush top edges changed to flush bottom edges.
  11. When positioning an aircraft at an airport, please add an option for viewing a labelled diagram of the airport and the possibility to select aircraft positioning by left-mouse-doubleclick on that diagram.
  12. Need hardware config dialog box to sport Tree-View controls, b. Search, c. Sort by Column (up/down), and d. Goto line item by typing the first letter of the item name.
  13. Need scenery config dialog box to sport Tree-View controls, b. Search, c. Sort by Column (up/down), and d. Goto line item by typing the first letter of the item name.
  14. For MS Flight Marketplace, please ensure all aircraft implement uniform mouse controls for setting knobs and switches. It is really confusing when switching accross aircraft from different vendors! There is click and drag, click right/left of knob, click left/right mouse buttons, scroll wheel forward/back or back/forward, etc. Really consfusing!C. Aircraft Issues
  15. Allow simmer to start flight in cold-and-dark cockpit (should be a config option)
  16. Fix battery running out bug.
  17. Don't even think of dropping the DC-3 from MS-Flight!D. Engine Issues
  18. For 4 engine aircraft, fix the disappearing left-right inboard engine contrail in DX10.
  19. Increase max engine count to 8 (B-36, B-52, B-70 to name a few, all have more than 4 engines)
  20. Make sure your reciprocating engine aircraft are appropriately modelled! For example, your otherwise nice DC-3 sports an important error in the engine model: Engine MAP - Manifold Pressure remains constant while prop RPM is varied. This is definitely not the case in the Real World!
  21. Engines in multi-engine aircraft sport operating parameters that are so similar it's just spooky, i.e. unreal. So add differences in fuel consumption, CHT - Cylinder Head Temperature, oil temperature and pressure.
  22. Please fix the engine non-start bug in FSX which happens the first time you attempt to start an aircraft's engine(s) after FSX start-up.E. Avionics Issues
  23. Allow filing and modifying an IFR Flight Plan in mid-flight.
  24. NAV and ADF radios are far too accurate! Consider for example ADF needles pointing to lightning bolts when they strike (the spread-spectrum long-wave RF energy of a lightning bolt is huge!) and also have NDB radio beacon paths bend when crossing land coastlines (lake and sea) due to refraction as in the real world. Also have both ADF and VOR needles move slightly every now and and for no apparent reason at all as happens in real life.
  25. Add static burst and volume fade-out/fade-in to voice COMMs.
  26. Add HF SSB radios for long-distance ATC over oceans. Make sure you add a working BFO - Beat Frequency Oscillator knob to make the LSB/USB Channel to make the voice intelligible.
  27. Add this bubble sextant to MS Flight aircraft as appropriate (DC-3, for example) and add 3D VC motion-dynamics to the starfield for realistic starangle measurement difficulties.
  28. Allow loading and editing a flight plan using only the Garmin 500 user interface.
  29. ATC voice speed-up/slow-down: Veteran career pilots prefer ATC to speak fast for realism, especially in high-traffic areas. Novices, OTOH prefer ATC to speak slowly. Automatic option: Automatically vary ATC voice speed for areas known to have high/medium/low historical traffic density (NORCAL vs. BANGOR Approach).F. Scenery Issues
  30. Runways should keep autogen from placing tall objects (trees, houses) that would interfere with aircraft on the runway glidepath.
  31. Stop autogen/non-autogen from generating new objects while on final below 1,500 ft AGL: Having the sim sputter on final just before flare because the sim "needs" to draw an airport fence is truly egregious!
  32. In DX10 restore yellow "follow-me" arrows on taxiways.
  33. No more crashes due to duplicate airport BGLs!
  34. No more crashes due to duplicate airport BGLs!
  35. Save CPU/GPU cycles by not drawing aircraft shadows on the ground when the aircraft is more than say 1,000 ft AGL.
  36. Please remove all water reflections of stars (never seen this in real life).G. Weather Issues
  37. Fix weather engine so wind speed and direction changes are smooth (except for windshear/microburst situations)H. AI Issues
  38. Avoid spawning AI Aircraft on the runway while simmer aircraft is on final approach for that runway (happens when no flight plan filed)!

Cheers,- jahman.

sorry if this was already mentioned - i would love to see heat shimmer from jet aircraft exhaust.

Most of these have been probably already mentioned.- Sounds can be chosen to be audible after switching focus to an another application.- Sound volume/pitch changes more realistically.- Some sort of dampening factor can be included in planes i.e. how the airframe/pilots headset/open hatches such as windows&doors dampen sound.- Clouds are volumetric - not 2D - and dozens different kinds of cloud textures can be seen simultaneously, to reflect more real life.- External lights reflect from the airframe. Lotus / VRS / Airbus X / Do 338 style lights are default.- Light intensity changes are some smooth i.e. no strict separation between day / night textures.- Built-in virtual note-making possibility.- Friction modelled more realistically.- Mixture modelling corrected on fuel-injected engines.- Optional for multiple physical axis controller owners: Prop levers on multi-engine A/C might have to be at different positions to achieve same RPM, for example.- MTBF system built-in. Several categories of seriousness.- Inserting camera views into gauges possible i.e. FLIR display in virtual cockpit etc.- PDF importing possibility - inserting charts onto virtual yoke etc.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.