Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

MS Flight Improvement Wish List

I want an actual *for real* light system. No more textures simply pasted on to look like light.

i just want to be able to share a cockpit with my dad without getting bucked off all the time. it is very frustrating but when it works it is fantastic. I hope microsoft is thinking about flight crews. a smart friend of mine worked over a fsx flight to successfully do a hoist mission on mt. adams with the eh101. we took turns. one guy would fly while the other ran the hoist. it was awesome. however it took a lot of tries and a lot of dedication. also we got bucked off of gamespy every ten minutes as usual. cres working together to accomplish tasks in the same airframe is what most aviation is all about

In my opinion,Maybe finally they do the ability to taxi the aircraft on the runway with one engine without turning left or write while the wheels point straight.Also always the front wheels was skidding when the speed is below 8 knots. It was a feel like the tires not touching an asphalt, but an ice.

Trees correctly sized, not gigantic as in FS9.(if that was already corrected in FSX, I rest my case)

- Cloud shadows- Jet engine exhaust blur(or shimmering) ... Sometimes I like to just stay parked in an airport and enjoy the AI traffic plus my aircraft, and small things like that goes a long way to immersion. - visual ice formation on the wings, fuselage and engines- fix the wiper bug on VC :(

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2
Big three for me:1. Weather improvements including volumetric clouds and better lighting. If there is a thunderstorm, I want it to be dark outside - not sure if cloud shadows will achieve this. We will see when REX introduces them for FSX.2. Better ATC and flight planning, SIDS, STARS... Right now, you can't mesh default ATC and accurate flight planning. You have to use one or the other. 3. Better performance on available hardware, SLI...Edit:I would also love to see a simulated world that is connected to the date chosen for the flight. I have always wanted to create a retro FS world. I could do it if I reinstalled FS9 but my favorite retro add on aircraft are FSX only.
Cloud shadows please.The capability to walk. So you can do a walk around of your aircraft and possibly walk from terminal buildings.A lot of sugar is being asked for here. Maybe for those with low end systems a 'quality' bar can be used like in previous versions, and check boxes. So if you want frames, you get smooth flying. If you want hardcore quality, then you obviously have a HQ system.And lightning noise in the cockpit is highly unrealistic, unless you are right next to a storm.Make a scenery SDK that is easy to use!!!!! PLEASE!!!

Gamespy <- Enough said...More options for server admins like the ability to run a server without the sim open as well. On top of that, better server reliability and improved ways to remotely ban players without shutting down the server. The way it is done in FSX is atrocious. :( (The sheer stupidity of teenage players has also made me part bald. I hope Flight won't make me loose what hair I have left!)

better more realistic atc able to run on todays machinesbetter lighting and texturesmore realistic weather

Alexander Shepherd

A first class SDK with support for the latest versions of 3ds Max.Regards, Mike Mann

One more wish from my little corner - a configuration / setup thing that has no impact on graphics, performance etc.Thank you MS, it was GREAT to get the option to save and load graphics settings in FSX. Now please do the same for controller profiles.Many of us have, for example, a throttle quadrant and need different controller assignments when switching between a twin-jet (2 throttles) and a single small prop plane (throttle, pitch, mix).We currently rely on batch files or external software to switch between different controller settings, and therefore must re-start FSX to change between plane types.Since it is a stated goal to aquire new users for the franchise, it might also help novice users to change controller assignments without fear of breaking THE One Controller Setup Of Flight, but merely a profile. A default profile might be supplied which cannot be erased from the "profile list", in order to have some fallback.

Please, please more realistic flight dynamics, atc and realistic engine management. ( no more firewalling a piston engine for 5 hrs with no consequences). experience ground effect.

Robin

Guest jahman

"I have a dream" of installing a third CF/SLI card for MS Flight to use the 2-3 extra TeraFLOPS to model aerodynamics in real-time (CFD). Remember nVidia PhysX? Deprecated in favour of GPUs... So yes, "I have a dream" this will someday be possible", sooner if MS Flight is designed with a plug-in aerodynamics simulation engine (plug-out the native table-driven model, plug-in the aircraft polygon/CFD-driven model, 250K aircraft polygons ought to be enough for a reasonably accurate CFD rendition. Then again, doesn't X-Plane already do something like this?Cheers,- jahman.

MS Flight is designed with a plug-in aerodynamics simulation engine (plug-out the native table-driven model, plug-in the aircraft polygon/CFD-driven model, 250K aircraft polygons ought to be enough for a reasonably accurate CFD rendition.
I think the FSX/ESP SDK allows for this already using simConnect.I'm pretty sure I've seen a presentation on this before...they were studying how a helicopter's downwash interacted with a ship's landing platform. Their fluid simulation may not have been realtime...as far as I know, they often aren't.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.