Sign in to follow this  
january

787 delayed

Aug 27 BNN reports Boeing will delay delivery of the 787 until mid 1st Q 2011.Alex Reid

If Boeing keeps this up their going to loose all those advanced orders.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

big grin ... Airbis A380 is already flying and still boeing has neither airborn of there new B747-8 and 787. Maybe even airbus will airborn their next A350 befor any of the new boings are airborn by any airline.

big grin ... Airbis A380 is already flying and still boeing has neither airborn of there new B747-8 and 787. Maybe even airbus will airborn their next A350 befor any of the new boings are airborn by any airline.
Huh?:( Both planes have flown before and are both undergoing flight testing, so I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're trying to say when you say "boeing has neither airborne of their new 747-8 and 787." Unless you meant in terms of airline service, but in any case, has the A350 even been built yet?

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Boeing has 7 787's in flight testing, and about 30 finished Dreamliners lined up at Paine Field waiting engines and final type certification. Of the 7 flying 787's, 6 are currently out of state undering various condition testing, including cross wind testing, artic weather, and hot weather testing. The current delay is due to lack of engines, not anything dealing with design. May wanna check your facts before posting. P.S. 747-4 had its 1st flight on Feb 8th, 2010. So your also wrong there.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Ok, your partly right. The A350 has not jet been in testing. First flight in 2012.Parts are in the pipeline already and are getting build right now.But look, B787 get delays, even the B74-8 will have problems.Boeing was hoping to get the 74-8 operating already befor the A380 is in service ... well....What I see is that the A380 transferes ca. 525 pax, the B747-8 only 467 in standart config. What I cannot understand is why boeing did not develope a totaly new airplane like Airbus did. Just enhance an existing one , using very many of the same parts as in the 747-4 versions is not that innovative. Only with the 787 boeing developed a totaly new one. I wonder why not as well for such a big bird?

Huh?:( Both planes have flown before and are both undergoing flight testing, so I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're trying to say when you say "boeing has neither airborne of their new 747-8 and 787." Unless you meant in terms of airline service, but in any case, has the A350 even been built yet?

P.S. 747-4 had its 1st flight on Feb 8th, 2010.
I think it may have been a little earlier than that ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Ok, your partly right. The A350 has not jet been in testing. First flight in 2012.Parts are in the pipeline already and are getting build right now.But look, B787 get delays, even the B74-8 will have problems.Boeing was hoping to get the 74-8 operating already befor the A380 is in service ... well....What I see is that the A380 transferes ca. 525 pax, the B747-8 only 467 in standart config. What I cannot understand is why boeing did not develope a totaly new airplane like Airbus did. Just enhance an existing one , using very many of the same parts as in the 747-4 versions is not that innovative. Only with the 787 boeing developed a totaly new one. I wonder why not as well for such a big bird?
The 525 passenger market is very limited.The 467 Passenger market is very limited.What sense does it make to spend Hundreds of millions (Billions?) to create an airplane that you can't turn a profit from? Makes a whole lot more sense to update the older version to keep it current and make a real profit......... right?What's funny to me is that the A380 and the 787 were conceived conceptually in similar times. Boeing won that gambit - the 787 is infinitely more popular by order number than the A380 (and the A350)(Which isn't hard to understand when you look at all these aging 767' and 757's) Most airlines seem pretty happy with their 747-400's from what I can tell (Lots and lots of them still in service). Makes the A380 a harder plane to sell.FWIW I think the A320 is multiple times better than the 737 though. :(

Guest zacharace
FWIW I think the A320 is multiple times better than the 737 though. :(
A whole new can of worms has just been opened... :(. That being said, I must respectfully disagree there.

A whole new can of worms has just been opened... :(. That being said, I must respectfully disagree there.
Agreed, on all points, although I must say the A320 feels easier to fly. I really can't explain it, but still my preference goes to the 737.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I give them credit. They are obviously in short supply of engineers for both the 787 and 747-8 and have shuffled them between the two programsas I understand it. If they need more time to work out some problems then great. especially if it means a life caused by a failure.I am impressed with 747s history of service. the 747 has had more than a 1000 pax on them a few times and RC521 took off weighing more than one million pounds. Which is 30,000 pounds over the designed limit.http://www.boeing.com/Features/2010/08/bca_one_million_08_23_10.html

Totally agree, the 737s landing is far more intuitive. Using the fly-by-wire systems on the A320 tends to lack response, of which makes approach fixes difficult. Dave.
Totally agree, the 737s landing is far more intuitive. Using the fly-by-wire systems on the A320 tends to lack response, of which makes approach fixes difficult. Dave.