Sign in to follow this  
KLMMD11

what is your faveourite aircraft (real world)

been a while since topics like this were made so here we go: What is your all time fave aircraft (can be more than one)for me:MILITARYthe Eurofighter typhoon for me is an awesome aircraft. my ambition is to fly this for the raf when i join up. its a fantastic piece on engineering. Its agile, fast, the technology is amazing, its ability to atttack is amazing, it looks cool, sounds unbelievable and can carry a canny payload. Imagine if they decided to use the vectored thrust engines origanally developed, how manouverable it would be!! i only hope this can be as popular as the F16. hopefully the RAF will purchase more if they decide they need to have more fighters with the upcoming budgets cuts and the getting rid of Tornado F3s and GR4s. its a shame no good typhoon is available for FS (hint hint PMDG :) jokes). I am also a huge fan of the F-16, preferably the Block 52 and 60 but any airframe is good. the Block 60 is a great machine. i have seem some system specs for it and it looks pretty swell. I think that this could be a future contender for the F-35, if some nations decide it it to expensive and not good enough ( i am not a fan of the JSF)COMMERCIALhas to be the 777 and the MD-11. The 777 is a fantastic machine. it looks amazing, has a fab range, huge engines, good tech specs, its big, and although never having been on one, sounds like its a pretty smooth ride. The 200LR and 300ER are by far the best variants. I see a future for a re-designed 777NG. I can't wait for the PMDG version. Now out of the 2 the MD-11 is my all out favourite aircraft. having been on the MD-11 many times i must say it is fantastic, especiially with KLMs AVOD system and free food and drink. The ride was always smooth, landing smooth, apart from one fast approach into saint maarten, and the sound from those engines is pretty sweet (same with the T7) PMDG did a awesome job with the MD11, i am very grateful aswell since no other MD11s are as good and if you didn't make it i wouldnt have a 10/10 MD11. i wished that they'd have done better for themselves. MD should have studied the design better. i think originally they wanted it to do 7800NM but it came up a whole 1000 short. at least they tried and accidently turned a passenger plane into a fab cargo hauler, and there standard cargo variant was quite popular aswell. maybe th e747-8 is heading in this direction.Anyway i would love to here your favourites. Bring em on!!!

MilitaryI guess it would be the Sukhoi fighters. Old yes, but i guess it caught my eye when its the first plane i saw that could do this.

The right balance between advanced and oldMD11. Because it was ahead of its time.

Commercial Jet-Boeing 737NG/A320Commercial Turbo Prop-Dash 8 300General Aviation-Beech King Air (any of them) or Cessna Citation Mustang or Embraer Pheonom 300

The Boeing 777 is my favorite plane by far,with the 737 and 767 tied for second. But once the 787 comes out, that will become my new favorite plane. That plane is just amazing.There is something that just looks good about a big widebody aircraft powered by two jet engines. Looks so good. And the 777 is a BIG plane. Really is a great ride.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Definitely the 757 just because the damn thing is overpowered. I still get goose bumps everytime I fly on them (especially during takeoff). And I'll throw in the 747 because; #1 we tend to forget how big this work of art is in real life and #2 after 41 years in production, people are still awe-struck by it...so am I.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

It is really hard to compare big airplane to small one, so I placed my favorites in appropriate categories.Narrow-Body Aircraft - Boeing 737, Boeing 757 & McDonnell Douglas MD 80 seriesWide-Body Aircraft - Boeing 777Regional Jet - Embraer 145 seriesTurboprop - Bombardier Q seriesCargo - Boeing 747-400/800FMilitary - F-16 Fighting FalconGeneral Aviation Aircraft - Cessna 172I couldn't pick just one narrow-body airplane, because I love 737, 757 and MD80. All three of them are great airplanes. It's very interesting topic...Cheers

Airliner : the A380 !!! very confortable with a lowered noise level (especialy remarkable during take off) and in fact quite elegant when you look up close ... Military : the rafale is a very impressive aircraft, I also used to be a fan of the F14 (no nothing to do with Top Gun).But I am now getting to appreciate small GA aircrafts too since I got started with my PPL lessons !!! here's the aircraft I get to learn to fly on :( :http://www.mooney.com/acclaim-type-s/overview.html

Guest 413X3

No question, the 747. All models especially the classics. Can't wait for the -8!

For me its the 737, both the classic and NG series. I do like the MD-80 as well. :-)

Stian Beinset

ENML

757Can't wait until the Level-D crew finish making that bird for FSX.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

757, 737 and A320 rank up my list. My fave has to be the tiny Skyfox Gazelle recreational aircraft. Plane I have learnt to fly in and got first licence in. Recently moved to 152 and like that too

757, 737 and A320 rank up my list. My fave has to be the tiny Skyfox Gazelle recreational aircraft. Plane I have learnt to fly in and got first licence in. Recently moved to 152 and like that too
Myne are: MD-11 , A380, A340