Sign in to follow this  
Toys_R_Us

Hey Microsoft - Indianapolis Happens !

Guest Franken

Sure I've heard of the Indy 500. But one of the most famous places in the world?? :-lol The Great Wall of China is one of the most famous places in the world.

Please think a bit more global! There is also a world beyond your backyard.Wolfgang

Guest Nathan Palmer

My first and foremost wish is to see that the info on the sectional matches what I see in the sim. If theres a building or stadium on the sectional then I need to see it in the sim for my navigation. After that I give MS plenty of lead way. Yes I would love to see accurate cities but not to be selfish they would need to do the world over. Where one city in the US gets over looked entire areas in other parts of the world are not even thought of. I see the objects on the ground as a way to navigate first and then for sight seeing and screen shots. Two versions ago we didn't even have cities except a few major ones so they are making head way.NP

>Indianapolis Int. is the busiest airport in the world between 2 and >4 am local time. That's when the bulk of the fed-ex aircraft enter >Indy airspace.I would have thought Indy would rank behind Memphis and Louisville in that regard. Being they are both the main hubs for UPS and Fedex.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest RWade

"And let's not forget those pretty famous horse tracks either -- although I haven't a clue if any of them are in FS."They have Belmont Racetrack for the Belmont visual approach to rwy22 at KJFK although it is backwards. LOL I live about 8 blocks over right under the flight path and can almost hear myself pass over the house. I can't see the stop sign either :) Can't wait to see what MegaScenery has done for NYC, maybe then I'll see the pool!

For all the civic pride being represented in this thread, let's consider we are talking about a $50+ piece of software that covers the entire world. Look at the major global cities which have near photo real reprsentation...some more accurate than others, but that is another story. My point is that it is impossible given price and production restraints to get all, or even most natural and man made attractions. We have great add on producers, pay ware and freeware. Who knows, something might even show up for Naptown...(sorry, just a little joke..) Indianapolis is really kind of cool. Anyone ever been to Shadyside?Sherm(from Chicago)

Guest byoung

ATIS mentions 22C and 4C...What is the deal with that!!!!!!!32-1423L - 5R23R - 5LBarry

Guest fppilot

Hey! Good point. Many horse race tracks are key visual cues for approches as well. Not to mention the scenery aesthetics. One quick one that comes to mind is Garden State Park in Cherry Hill, NJ. Turn to 265 and you are right on target for approach to KPHL.-Frank

Guest fppilot

I made a separate on this subject (Indianapolis, and particularily the Speedway) and joined this thread after another Forum member referred to it.My point wasn't to add race tracks (or golf courses for that matter) just for the sake of adding them in. Instead, my point was why so many important visual cues are missing, especially in Indianapolis. The IMS is a key visual cue for KIND. Garden State Park (horse track) is key for KPHL. Yeh, I know. There is an initial instrument approach fix in S. Illinois for KSTL named CHICKN. It's right over a Kentucky Fried Chicken....Maybe we could get some corporate sponsors to kick in for scenery enhancements that depict their corporate and retail locations.... Colorful, easy to recognize ones, like Best Buys, Walmarts, McD's, Lowes, etc...-FP

I lived in Indianapolis..Its proaly one of the most boring place in America...Have you driven in Indianapolis? Golly.. folks drive 45 mph on a 45 mph zone on the left and they don't freakin move to the right... when someone comes behind em.. I thought I just came across a few rude people...but golly... the whole city is like that..Even Greneda Mississippi has more interesting people.;)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Was there a relatively recent renaming or decommissioning of runways? At my local airport (KPVD) they decommissioned a small runway and turned it into a taxiway - this is NOT reflected in MSFS 2004 though, as the change occured *AFTER* Microsoft pulled the navigational and airport data. This change was performed at PVD in the early part of the year, and even though FS was released in the summer, it wasn't there. Not a huge deal, but it just shows that things can get dated quickly.If there was a change at KIND after Microsoft pulled down the data for it, it would not be reflected.Of course, if the runways in the ATIS at KIND are completely fictional, then I have no good explination!!-Germ

I am amazed at the number of people who still insist on using Meigs Airport, especially on Vatsim. If you want some realism, there is a file here on avsim that places big yellow Xs on the runway...not exactly having it bulldozed as the Mayor of Chicago did, but at least some effort to strive for a little more accuracy.Shermbtw, I'm at work and cannot hunt for the file, but I'm sure if you do a search for "meigs", it will show up.