Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: PMDG's attitude toward realism

Thank God I don't know what a crack addiction is like but let me tell you everyday on multiple occasions I get on this forum and see what's new and see if we have any indication from the mount (PMDG et al) on the approaching deliverance. Maybe we should start a group of us, I know I am not the only one, like PMDGA, and we can meet online and admit our addiction and cleanse ourselves. Then get back on the forum and see if they have released the NGX yet!!!

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

Thank God I don't know what a crack addiction is like but let me tell you everyday on multiple occasions I get on this forum and see what's new and see if we have any indication from the mount (PMDG et al) on the approaching deliverance. Maybe we should start a group of us, I know I am not the only one, like PMDGA, and we can meet online and admit our addiction and cleanse ourselves. Then get back on the forum and see if they have released the NGX yet!!!
+1, and here we are posting our real names because of forum rules so we can't even be an anonymous group!. Damn you PMDG, you ruined my social live!wait, did I ever have one? Errmmm, whatever. Boo you PMDG! :(

Southwest went to an all normal display, al la the full PFD, full MFD recently. I flew their newest 737-700 sim, and when I flew it, we did it with the full displays, not the six pack. The reason Southwest has the displays like that, is to make it more like the older, steam gauge 737's they still fly!EDIT: As I think about it, that was 10 months ago I flew that sim! So, not so recently :(

Southwest went to an all normal display, al la the full PFD, full MFD recently. I flew their newest 737-700 sim, and when I flew it, we did it with the full displays, not the six pack. The reason Southwest has the displays like that, is to make it more like the older, steam gauge 737's they still fly!EDIT: As I think about it, that was 10 months ago I flew that sim! So, not so recently :(
Sounds like Southwest have Boeing wrapped around their little finger. I Bet that makes Ryanair's boss O'Leary pretty jealous. I'm just glad Ryanair havn't quite got hold of boeing yet. The pilots would all have to stand up :(. Its only a matter of time though!

Sounds like Southwest have Boeing wrapped around their little finger. I Bet that makes Ryanair's boss O'Leary pretty jealous. I'm just glad Ryanair havn't quite got hold of boeing yet. The pilots would all have to stand up :(. Its only a matter of time though!
You mean the pilot would have to stand upBig%20Grin.gif

You mean the pilot would have to stand upBig%20Grin.gif
Haha yeh! That makes me shiver with creeps thinking about all that one pilot op stuff!

Ryanair probably is jealous, as they killed their relationship with Boeing and have to build a new one with someone else.

Joe Sherrill

If you are referring to the 6 pack I was referring to earlier I didn't mean the PFD ND display. The 6 pack is the annunciator lights on the pilot side and FO's side that alerts the crew to a system failure. Each one has 6 failure indications hence the "6 pack".Jack C

I truly can barely tell the difference. That's as real as it gets right there!

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer
TFDi Design (Invernyx) | Website

If you are referring to the 6 pack I was referring to earlier I didn't mean the PFD ND display. The 6 pack is the annunciator lights on the pilot side and FO's side that alerts the crew to a system failure. Each one has 6 failure indications hence the "6 pack".Jack C
I think I was referring to the picture, and the just stating based on all of the SWA posts! I agree, a true EICAS is needed! Hard to believe the 74, 75, 76, 777 all have a true EICAS, and some are older than the 73 NG series!

Hello PMDGWhen 737NX finished.1.Does 737NX installation wizard will contain FSX fixes (like bojote HIMEMFIX , CPU core fix UIAutomationCore.dll and etc)? Or we have to fix that themself, manualy. 2.Do we need first load default aircfrat like trike or c-172 that 737NX works without problems?If question answers for no2 is NO, please contact Aerosoft then send the bill ! (Aerosoft Asked Us How they will fix it !! OMG)Thank you ,Ivo Crni

Ivo Crni

If you were going to spend $80 million on something, wouldn't you want some input? :(
True, but Southwest did not spend 80 million a plane. They probably paid more like half of that.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Does anyone know what the production cost is of an NG? It would be interesting to see what the mark up is on these babies.

Funny you mention Southwest. For the first time in about 200 years, I flew SWA last weekend. Had a new 700 going up and an old 300 coming down. Talked to the pilot while waiting for my stroller for way too long. They all love the new ones with all the automation. They are also a tad faster. It was actually by luck that I got on the NG type. Our first bird didn't work, so we wandered down to another gate and took another one (sorry all you people who thought you were getting on that bird to go to Kansas City!) Keeping the old 737 and the new 737 somewhat similar allowed that change of equipment to be pretty easy.