Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Time To Start Talking T7

Right,Things are looking in the final alpha lap for the 737 NGX, can we start getting excited about the 777?I say this after just reading many posts about it..My question is, how far delayed is the project from a "end 2010/early 2011" stand point.I am not asking for a release date, merely, what is ment by an earlier announcment suggesting that alot of the new NGX programming can be crossed over to the 777more to the point, the last i heard on the 777 was PMDG needed more information from Boeing on the 777,, has this been cleared yet? Or are you guys still waiting on thatAlll the very best regardsAlex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

i think maybe 1 or 2 months. Boeing currently has there plate full with the 787, so it may have taken a while for info on the T7 to be passed on. Anyhow, i think maybe 6 months from now we could have the magnificent T7 on our screens. Hopefully the 200ER/LR/LRF and 300ER are included.

KLMMD11,Boeing doesnt work like that,they dont fill there resources on the 787, the 767 777 737 747 team still stands,, i am sure 777 team are not ""tooo busy""

Alex Ridge

Guest wims

The 777 is a totally different plane compared to the 737, id be surprised if much of the code can be shared, except for stuff like code skeleton and structure. Systems should be totally different and would require a rewrite. At least thats what im assuming, i havent seen the 737 source code.

Ah, I thought that the T7 team was a part of the 787 team. Anyway for the above post by wims PMDG said that they have this new development tool to create complex aircraft quicker

The 777 is a totally different plane compared to the 737, id be surprised if much of the code can be shared, except for stuff like code skeleton and structure. Systems should be totally different and would require a rewrite. At least thats what im assuming, i havent seen the 737 source code.
Actually, as far as I noticed so far, the T7 is similar to a 737... The Logic of the flight displays are the same, as they are almost the same in the 747 (apart from the EICAS ofcourse, differs on every a/c) The way I see the T7 i sthat it's a really big 737, with a few more tires ;)

^ This is correct. We don't expect the 777 to take as much time, we're laying the groundwork for it with a lot of things in the NGX. The 777 won't take an entirely new tech base for us the way the NGX needed. There's unique differences for sure, but a lot of the core functionality is the same.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

^ This is correct. We don't expect the 777 to take as much time, we're laying the groundwork for it with a lot of things in the NGX. The 777 won't take an entirely new tech base for us the way the NGX needed. There's unique differences for sure, but a lot of the core functionality is the same.
Fantastic news.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Wonderful news. Not only do I have NGX to look forward to but even more so the 777.:(

@ tabs, have you now got all the information from boeing, that was neeeded? Also, will work start on the T7 as soon as the ngx is rolled out, or will there be a vacation period.also does it still stand that a different team altogether have worked on the pmdg dash 8? whats the latest?

Alex Ridge

I know I for one am looking forward to any and all of the PMDG releases but think the 777 will be one of my most used aircraft once released (well, until the day comes that we see a PMDG 787 that is). I also think the wait for the 777 will be much, much easier than the NGX since most of us will be buying it and doubt we will even have half of it under our belt before we see it, then again I'm a much slower learner than some of the rest of you :(.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I understand the hoopla the NGX is generating among the FS community, I myself will purchase it, but what I´m really - I mean really - looking forward to is PMDG´s 777, and hopefully a 787.Gives me goosebumps just thinking about flying it, the panels, VC, wingviews, engine sounds, etc.My goodness, its going to be great!

Toby - there are no cameras on the 737NG - those are there on some of the very long airliners like the A340-600, A380, 777-300 etc to help with turning the aircraft while taxiing, since they have such a long distance between the cockpit and the main gear. I'm sure we'll look at how to implement it when we do the 777-300.The state saving is pretty much exactly what we have in mind, only taken a step further. (I'll let you ponder what further could be until RSR's post on it!)
300 variant confirmed? :(

I know I for one am looking forward to any and all of the PMDG releases but think the 777 will be one of my most used aircraft once released (well, until the day comes that we see a PMDG 787 that is). I also think the wait for the 777 will be much, much easier than the NGX
I agree with this 100%. Once I acutally have the PMDG 737 and 777, I very much doubt I will be flying my Maddog, Level D, or any other aircraft for that matter. And when PMDG comes out with a 787, I will have to pinch myself. And if we get word that these great planes will also be compatible with MS Flight, I will have to pinch my self again.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

We always seem to have alot to look forward to with PMDG.......NGX,777,and somewhere down the line the 787.:(