Sign in to follow this  
out

Antalya X released!

Wow, really good news!To be clear: I've never been to Turkey. But flying over its teritory a few times (to or from Egypt) I had a chance to admire the wonderful mountainous landscapes.I've always thought it would be great to fly to a well-made Antalya in FS9. It is a very popular destination for many charter airlines, some even using jumbos occasionally (Transaero).Recently I've written I am not expecting any interesting FS9 sceneries very soon. I simply didn't think the FS9 version of Antalya will be out so fast.antalya2010_20.jpgIt is already AESed, so all of you who want to support FS9 products and simultaneously enjoy a really great scenery (get a good mesh of Turkey!), go and get it! Big%20Grin.gifhttp://en.shop.aeros...ht%20Simulation

Wow, really good news!To be clear: I've never been to Turkey.
You should go. But travel independently, not on one of those awful package tours - it's an amazing country.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

You should go. But travel independently, not on one of those awful package tours - it's an amazing country.
Go either way. Of all the middle eastern countries my wife and I have been to, Turkey is the only one we really want to go back to a second time! What a great and beautiful nation!

Wow, really good news!
How is it?I was reading their forum and a lot of the FSX users are complaining about bad FPS and the first FS9 user to post said "But advises for all ... the FPS are very heavy also with FS2004 ...versus Munich ... same FPS as Orly ...For win some FPS ... deactivated landclass folder in library ... "I wonder what's going on with Aerosoft lately because a lot of people, both FSX and FS9 users are complaining about FPS issues at some of the latest releases, like Orly, etc.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have the feeling that they are trying to rush out sceneries. Take Munich as an example. It was in development for more than a year, and it ended up being great. Many of the sceneries that come out now, contrary to Munich, have been in development for what, 4 months? 5 months? Basically, just about all products recently released (all but Munich), have rather big problems. I think Aerosoft should take a step back and reconsider.About the scenery: I'm not if I should buy it. It's really close to Tel Aviv, so it should be perfect for a short hop with a small Boeing, but It's one of those airports that do not really attract me. I have that same problem with UK airports. Tell me honestly, is it worth getting this scenery for the reason I mentioned (short hops from israel)?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

+1 for post above mine...Ataturk, was a better idea than this...i mean, this is not some place to fly, accept in summer days, at least for me.

+1 for post above mine...Ataturk, was a better idea than this...i mean, this is not some place to fly, accept in summer days, at least for me.
dallyborr: Could you be clearer? I'm not sure I understand what you're saying about the scenery. (I don't mean to be rude, but the word in context is "except" not "accept" - just thought you'd like to know.)

I have the feeling that they are trying to rush out sceneries. Take Munich as an example. It was in development for more than a year, and it ended up being great. Many of the sceneries that come out now, contrary to Munich, have been in development for what, 4 months? 5 months? Basically, just about all products recently released (all but Munich), have rather big problems. I think Aerosoft should take a step back and reconsider.
I agree 100%, and because of this and the bad feed back I read on their forum lately it makes me very hesitant to buy from them. Like you mention, it seems like the are too much in a rush to make sceneries and maybe put too much pressure on their developers, who then have to take short cuts to get it done.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

This morning I quickly tested this scenery while drinking my morning mug of coffee. First I started at the apron with my beloved iFly737 and everything was smooth and fine (50 fps when panning view around the aircraft). then someone advised me to put the default Cessna on the RWY 36C and I was shocked. Even with no clouds, in default Cessna, my fps dropped to low twenties. there must be smothing seriously wrong with this scenery. Many also report some problems with AFCAD like not connected taxiways, parking spots for the radius of as low as 18 m, etc.

I for one decided that I will not purchase anything from Aerosoft untill they fix Schipol and Orly. I've been buying blindly all of their release this past year, especially in the spirit of supporting fs9, but that's gone too far. Major disapointement with Luxembourh, Schipol, Orly etc...The only refreshement had been Barcelona (Simwings is a no brainer) and also Munich.I will wait for Anchorage.About the unacceptable frame rate we get from Aerosoft's latest sceneries, it has hit my mind that perhaps, *perhaps*, their habit to developtheir AFCAD with ADE could be involved. especially the habbit the set the exclude file directly out of ADE. I am also tired of doing free beta testing after I cashed out.They can keep their Antalya and I wont even buy their NiceX for fs9 if they ever release it - as they said they would.I've been extrememly furious to get replies like 'your PC is slow' when reporting FPS issues by one of their developer.

dallyborr: Could you be clearer? I'm not sure I understand what you're saying about the scenery. (I don't mean to be rude, but the word in context is "except" not "accept" - just thought you'd like to know.)
Sorry for that, it should be "except" not "accept". :(

Thanks for Aerosoft teams about created that Antalya scenery both of FSX and FS9. I'll buy it as soon as possible. Antalya is very crowded airport in summer session, especially Russian "big birds" that you couldn't see them in Europe anymore :) As you said that we are expecting a major airport of LTBA-Ataturk International than Antalya. But no problem, aerosoft team always welcome when they want to create a Turkish famous airports. We hope, if they wish to make a few airports, we would like to see LTBA-Ataturk Airport, LTFE Bodrum-Milas or LTBS-Dalaman.(meanwhile for your informaitons who wants to fly to LTBA, runways desginations has been changed, check ARIAC1011)Anyway, everyone welcomes to Antalya, you'd like it :).If you want to fly in online, please get in touch with TRVACC for ATC service.

Anyway, everyone welcomes to Antalya, you'd like it :).If you want to fly in online, please get in touch with TRVACC for ATC service
Great, Hakan, so I hope to see/hear you soon on VATSIM in virtual Antalya! :(

Hi guys.Any solution for low fps at Antalya.The patch does not solve low fps problem.ThanksEdin