Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

So how does the PMDG 737NGX compare to...

This is absolutely Mind Blowing!!! One question, will we be able to see the winglets/wings from the windows to our left or right because when you say its hard not to look back, I just want to see when I look back the winglets or wingtips at the side of the windows. If that can be modelled at all?

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

Guest OmerVFS

Great work!Will the VSD be included in the model?vsd_fig3.jpg

WOW! Will there be a VSD included inside the ND?vsd_fig3.jpg
Pretty sure this is also simulated ;) Looks amazing this feature!!

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

Yes, we already showed the VSD in one of the other preview posts.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for the update Robert, will be amazing to try this addon for real when time comes!One question about the pictures seen from the left side (then and now), the A/T Arm knob in the "then" picture has a somewhat flat shape which at least compared to what I've seen of the real counterpart seems to be the correct shape while in the "now" picture it doesn't look to have this flat shape but maybe it's because of how the picture was taken or maybe this knob can come in different shapes in the real a/c as well?Amazing shots though and amazing details of what will be modelled and in what way!

Richard Åsberg

Its already been confirmed that it will be included Big%20Grin.gif.Mr Randazzo: Very very nice. I'm very jealous that you guys are flying this girl around already. Do you accept bribes for an early look? :rolleyes:Seriously though, its amazing to see the comparison, and to be honest, the old 737 still seems top notch in my eyes.I have two questions:Are you using the ENB series in your sim? Do you recommend using it with the new NG and will you recommend the best config for it?Secondly, would you recommend leaving the dynamic head movement on in FSX, personally I find it a tad unrealistic and can cause some jerky head movements in some add ons.Many thanks for your time.

One question about the pictures seen from the left side (then and now), the A/T Arm knob in the "then" picture has a somewhat flat shape which at least compared to what I've seen of the real counterpart seems to be the correct shape while in the "now" picture it doesn't look to have this flat shape but maybe it's because of how the picture was taken or maybe this knob can come in different shapes in the real a/c as well?
Hey Richard. You are right. There are two different types of MCPs for the NG. One has the "flatter" switch and smaller rectangular buttons, the other has the round A/T Arm switch with larger square buttons.Cam Jones

There's two MCPs, the older one made by Honeywell and the newer one made by Collins. The FS2002/2004 NG had only the Honeywell MCP. You can very easily switch between the two (and all the other options on the airplane) right inside the sim and it'll update and change instantly.

I have two questions:Are you using the ENB series in your sim? Do you recommend using it with the new NG and will you recommend the best config for it?Secondly, would you recommend leaving the dynamic head movement on in FSX, personally I find it a tad unrealistic and can cause some jerky head movements in some add ons.
I use ENB and it was on for the NGX screenshots here. I use a much subdued ini for it that was made by John Venema at ORBX. I think you can find it in the library here.Yeah, using a Track IR or EZ Dok will be more realistic than the built in FSX head latency stuff.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

There's two MCPs, the older one made by Honeywell and the newer one made by Collins. The FS2002/2004 NG had only the Honeywell MCP. You can very easily switch between the two (and all the other options on the airplane) right inside the sim and it'll update and change instantly.I use ENB and it was on for the NGX screenshots here. I use a much subdued ini for it that was made by John Venema at ORBX. I think you can find it in the library here.Yeah, using a Track IR or EZ Dok will be more realistic than the built in FSX head latency stuff.
Thanks Ryan for your reply.

so excited to see this post!!!!One question: I thought that it was going to have the HUD?Thanks againJosh

One area where this will be very noticeable is the FMC. The FMC has been rewritten from scratch and everything about it oozes realism. It's modeled on the latest U10.8 OP program with full RNP specs and capabilities. No effort has been spared in making it look exactly like the the real CDU, the fonts, colors, even the lag time when you EXEC changes are all exactly like the real aircraft.I was recently asked by a visitor "how realistic will it be?" Well... The length of time it takes the FMS to complete self testing will change depending on the temperature on the flight deck. Is that realistic enough for you?The magenta line drawing algorithms on the ND correspond exactly with how the real aircraft displays your route. Our industry leading VNAV implementation is now even better as well. We support RNP derived procedures such as RNAV, GLS, and IAN with full computer-generated glidepath annunciations. The FMC and AP just WORK, exactly as you'd expect them to as the pilot- no excuses for "oh we didn't model that" when it comes to the autoflight capabilities of this airplane. If you tried something in the airplane, and you try it in this simulator- you will get the same results. That is just how things should be simulated.I hope you've enjoyed this simultaneous look back to the past and forward to the future! Stay tuned for more including the first videos of the NGX in motion! (Thanks again to Ryan for this idea...)Okay- enough for now... I'm looking forward to giving you a few in depth system tours. Big Grin.gif
YES!!! Full RNP capiblities, this excites me much as WJA bascially one of a few airlines that spearheaded the implimentaion of RNP. Good to know my stack of slightly outdated company RNP approach and departure charts will get some good use :)Shots look amazing, love the "Lived in" feel.Is it safe to assume that the PMDG Nav database updates available at sites such as navdata.at will include RNP fixes for such airports that have the published procedures? Or will the NGX have its own sperate database file?

so excited to see this post!!!!One question: I thought that it was going to have the HUD?Thanks againJosh
Read Robert's first post:
Oh- and wait until you see the HUGS... (future update...)
Scott Johnston

Read Robert's first post:Scott Johnston
Was it suppose to say HUD or are they called HUGS?Otherwise im a noob and i dont get it hahahaJosh Katz

One question: I thought that it was going to have the HUD?
Not all NGs have the HUD system. It's an option and yes we have it. It's so cool that we'll probably dedicate a whole post/video to showing it off.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Was it suppose to say HUD or are they called HUGS?Otherwise im a noob and i dont get it hahahaJosh Katz
HUD = Head-Up Display, HUGS = Head-Up Guidance System. Different term, same idea.Scott Johnston